Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Mangiapane comes straight up if/when Dube gets sent down.

Kylington has been knocking on the door, just wish he had a better camp, though. This fanbase would have a collective aneurysm if both Brodie and Kylington were dressing for a game

Reactions: Calculon

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Kylington has been knocking on the door, just wish he had a better camp, though. This fanbase would have a collective aneurysm if both Brodie and Kylington were dressing for a game

So would Mike Smith.
Likely after odd-man rush 6 by the second period, pretty sure he'd put his stick through the glass.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
On the other hand, Kylington has 7 points in 8 games. Mangiapane has 9 points.

It's a gift and a curse that team has no blue line depth. A gift because Kylington is finally playing big minutes and the numbers are naturally following, a curse because when Kylington is not on the ice they are getting destroyed.

Idk, but Sigalet is our NHL goalie coach.

Colin Zulianello is the goalie coach of the Stockton Heat. He was formerly Matt Murray's goalie coach in junior as well as having worked with Carter Hutton. In a sense he's the "Rasmus Andersson" to Jordan Sigalet's "Michael Stone".

FWIW, Scott Cruickshank interviewed both guys along with another familiar name here:

Pats on the back, pucks at the head: Inside the life of a...

I love Eatbread but it would be a shame if Dube were sent down as Dube is probably our fastest skater. We should be rolling a Frolik-Dube-Czarnik fourth line.

Kylington has been knocking on the door, just wish he had a better camp, though.

The only thing wrong with Kylington's camp is that he didn't get special teams icetime to impress. The fix was in before preseason started.

This fanbase would have a collective aneurysm if both Brodie and Kylington were dressing for a game

They actually did dress for a game. As a pair. And... And we won 2-1.

Unfortunately Kylington elected to not play his game in that game and instead tried to play a safe glass and out game and the results were predictably ugly. Kylington is at his best playing his game, not trying to impress clueless fans who just want to see low mistake garbage hockey.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
TFW you see your goalie stats are both at .830% save percentage and both guys are around 5 GAA.

ocPryRF.gif

My god our defence must suck/goaltending?

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
PETTERSEN NAMED NCHC ROOKIE OF THE MONTH

Flames prospect Mathias Emilio Pettersen has been named the NCHC's Rookie Of The Month for October.

The Denver University freshman has helped lead the Pioneers to a 3-0-1 start with his team-high eight points through those four skates. During that stretch, he put 12 shots on net and had a plus-7 rating. He leads all NCHC rookies in scoring and is tied for the NCAA lead among first-year skaters. Pettersen's 2.00 points-per-game average also leads all NCAA rookies with more than a single game played.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm disappointed that Lazar isn't doing better in Stockton.
LAZAR.JPG

I'm also disappointed in Gilllies too and a bit surprised that Parsons has such a poor Save%
GILLIES.JPG

L13

Oct 1, 2015
So far it looks like Zavgorodniy is on the steepest development curve that could have been projected for him. I wonder how he'll perform in the Q next year if he keeps this up this season.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Emilio Pettersen and Denver face off vs Minnesota-Duluth on tsn 2 at 7.

I’m excited to get a look at this kid, if he keeps thing kind of pace up he’s arguably our top prospect. Haven’t seen him yet.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Emilio Pettersen and Denver face off vs Minnesota-Duluth on tsn 2 at 7.

I’m excited to get a look at this kid, if he keeps thing kind of pace up he’s arguably our top prospect. Haven’t seen him yet.

How has he been tonight? I know he has an assist, but anything else based off of your armchair scouting skills?

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Goaltending has been brutal for the Heat. I'm starting to question how much of it is the goalies, and how much of it is the system.

It's drafting. Todd Button wouldnt know goaltending talent even if it hits him on the face

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
It's drafting. Todd Button wouldnt know goaltending talent even if it hits him on the face
Well with Gillies and Parsons he picked guys who have been universally regarded as high end goaltending prospects, so I don't know about that. Both guys have suffered some significant injuries.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Well with Gillies and Parsons he picked guys who have been universally regarded as high end goaltending prospects, so I don't know about that.

Gillies was always a product of an inflated SV% in Providence tbh. Here were the five goalies taken at or after #75:

Jon Gillies (#75 OA) by Calgary
Matt Murray (#83 OA) by Pittsburgh
Frederick Andersen (#87 OA) by Anaheim
Sean Maguire (#113 OA) by Pittsburgh
Connor Hellebuyck (#130 OA) by Winnipeg

Four teams drafted a goalie or two in that range.
Three got a starter out of it, each who have already won multiple NHL playoff series.
The fourth was Calgary.

I'm not going to dwell on the pick since goalies do develop in unpredictable ways and he could well end up a Markstrom type (crazier things have happened), but that was a stacked goalie draft (Vasilevskiy, Korpisalo, Ullmark also from that draft)

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
How has he been tonight? I know he has an assist, but anything else based off of your armchair scouting skills?

He’s highly skilled. the best player on the ice after Perunovich. Good skater. Elite vision.

Minnesota Duluth is really good though (#1 ranked team) and they carried the play. Pettersen didn’t get much time with the puck. But you can tell he has special vision and hands. Won’t win many puck battles though.

Honestly I’d rank him as our top prospect behind the 3 guys in the NHL.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Who thinks Nick Schneider has a chance to be our goalie of the future?
Ya, no ones talking about how Schneider is trying to steal a spot........
He comes off the bench to replace a struggling Gillies, team comes back and wins in OT
He puts up and great encore on Wednesday, Heat win 4-2
Then on Friday he has another big game, letting in only 1 goal.

Overall, 3 straight wins.....only 3 goals against on over 70 shots

Has to be making Gillies/Parsons nervous.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Ya, no ones talking about how Schneider is trying to steal a spot........
He comes off the bench to replace a struggling Gillies, team comes back and wins in OT
He puts up and great encore on Wednesday, Heat win 4-2
Then on Friday he has another big game, letting in only 1 goal.

Overall, 3 straight wins.....only 3 goals against on over 70 shots

Has to be making Gillies/Parsons nervous.

Parsons isn't nervous. He's just frustrated that he's injured and can't be the one pitching a shutout streak right now.

Schneider's been great though. Kind of reminds me of Jonathan Bernier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->