Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
As an expert, I can say with confidence that if the Flames were put in a situation through injury where Kylington was the next man up this year, they probably would make a move for another team's #7 or #8.

You’re probably right. Maybe the Flames should target someone like Brett Kulak from the Habs, oh wait..

The Kylington haters can keep hating on him, it doesn’t change the fact that the game today is played where the best defence is done by playing a good offence. That means having 6 defenders that are all fast, can skate and pass well and constantly push the play in the opponents own zone. It’s literally what we’ve heard Peters preach since he’s got here and it’s 100% why Valimaki is on the team when the majority of posters on this board said he’s not ready. Valimaki has been more than okay, but I agree with the decision that he made the team over Kylington. But Oliver is not far off, once he simplifies his game he’ll be in the NHL despite his shortcomings because his strengths outweigh his flaws.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You’re probably right. Maybe the Flames should target someone like Brett Kulak from the Habs, oh wait..

The Kylington haters can keep hating on him, it doesn’t change the fact that the game today is played where the best defence is done by playing a good offence. That means having 6 defenders that are all fast, can skate and pass well and constantly push the play in the opponents own zone. It’s literally what we’ve heard Peters preach since he’s got here and it’s 100% why Valimaki is on the team when the majority of posters on this board said he’s not ready. Valimaki has been more than okay, but I agree with the decision that he made the team over Kylington. But Oliver is not far off, once he simplifies his game he’ll be in the NHL despite his shortcomings because his strengths outweigh his flaws.
The best defense is not handing the other team high end scoring chances on a silver platter.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The best defense is not handing the other team high end scoring chances on a silver platter.

Well if he’s generating multiple chances a game vs giving up 1 or 2 chances per game, it’s something the Flames are going to live with. The leash Valimaki has been given shows the philosophy our organization has.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well if he’s generating multiple chances a game vs giving up 1 or 2 chances per game, it’s something the Flames are going to live with. The leash Valimaki has been given shows the philosophy our organization has.
He doesn't usually generate more than he gives up though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kylington is an exciting prospect, Hox. I agree. But I wouldn't be excited if he was in the lineup right now based on what I saw in the pre-season. I hope he keeps working on his weaknesses. He definitely stepped up from last season to this one.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kylington is an exciting prospect, Hox. I agree. But I wouldn't be excited if he was in the lineup right now based on what I saw in the pre-season. I hope he keeps working on his weaknesses. He definitely stepped up from last season to this one.

I just think the style the Flames play coincides very well with the game he plays. He’s far from a perfect player, but my argument remains that he’s going play because of his abilities. Still he needs some polish and his game needs some work. But it should be obvious to anyone who follows this team the Flames really like him.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
We have quite the grouping of 6'0" and under small offensive prospects - Foo, Koumontzis, Mangiapane, Pettersen, Phillips, Roman, Zavgorodniy, Sveningsson

Will be interesting if one or two of them can play a top 9 role for us in next 5 years

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Pospisil is still the guy I’m highest on from our past couple of drafts.

Excited to see him at the WJC.

That said Pettersen is certainly opening eyes, as is Zavgo

Reactions: Volica

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pospisil is still the guy I’m highest on from our past couple of drafts.

Excited to see him at the WJC.

That said Pettersen is certainly opening eyes, as is Zavgo

It's nice having these guys producing at a super high level in their respective leagues. It's a lot easier to be excited about these types of players over guys who are struggling.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I would be pretty surprised if Zavgorodniy made the NHL from what I've seen so far. Real long shot prospect considering his size and the Russian factor.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Top line is a tough line to draw. I'm content to say he has NHL upside, possibly top six.

I think he’s probably pretty boom or bust. If he’s going to have a career in the NHL I dont suspect it’ll be in the bottom 6. If he doesn’t pan out here, I expect him to play in Russia. But I see his skill set as being extremely high, so I think he’s top 6 or Russia.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I think he’s probably pretty boom or bust. If he’s going to have a career in the NHL I dont suspect it’ll be in the bottom 6. If he doesn’t pan out here, I expect him to play in Russia. But I see his skill set as being extremely high, so I think he’s top 6 or Russia.
You make a great point in that many of the Russians drafted today that are not a "lock" would prefer to play in the KHL because they don't want be that far from home for a KHL or NHL league minimum salary. The same can be said for some Fin, Swede and Chech players.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
So they haven't played a real team do far but Emilio-Pettersen. Has 8 points in 4 games.

Koumontzis has 2 points in 6 games.

Pospisil leads the USHL with 15 points in 7 games. He's also 9th in pims/game.

Big Z has 20 points in 13 games.

Roman has 9 in 13.

Also Svenigsson has 11 in 11 which is good for first on his team and I think he has a 3-4 point lead on any other U20 player.

Reactions: Cyrano

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So they haven't played a real team do far but Emilio-Pettersen. Has 8 points in 4 games.

Koumontzis has 2 points in 6 games.

Pospisil leads the USHL with 15 points in 7 games. He's also 9th in pims/game.

Big Z has 20 points in 13 games.

Roman has 9 in 13.

Also Svenigsson has 11 in 11 which is good for first on his team and I think he has a 3-4 point lead on any other U20 player.

Too early to call it definitively, but man have I liked out later round picks the past few years.

Still early, but I can't recall a year where so many of our prospects, especially the late round ones, got off to such hot starts.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Gillies got lit up again. There's another goalie prospect down the drain...

Parsons is still years away, so Rittich is our only hope for now.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Gillies got lit up again. There's another goalie prospect down the drain...

Parsons is still years away, so Rittich is our only hope for now.

Could it be the whole organization has no idea what defense means?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Parsons doesn't look years away. He looks a year away.

Based on what? He cant even put up good number in the AHL. Is he going to magically become a NHL player with his .800s ECHL save percentage? His good numbers on a loaded junior teams mean nothing.

Oh yes, the excuses....

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Sigalet should have been fired years ago.

He turns water into pollution. Hiller, Ramo, Ortio, Gillies, Parsons, McDonald, Smith... all these guys got worse the more time they spent in our organization.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sigalet should have been fired years ago.

He turns water into pollution. Hiller, Ramo, Ortio, Gillies, Parsons, McDonald, Smith... all these guys got worse the more time they spent in our organization.

Siglet isn't our AHL goalie coach. Also, Rittich has looked great in limited minutes, so is that his fault too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad