Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Currently 3-2 for the Reign. Lazar & Kylington have the goals. Rychel has a pair of assists.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat win 5-4 in OT. Graovac scored both the game this guy and winning goals.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The following is a half ass summary, the feed went out before the first goal and apparently never came back on, so ther eis no VOD for this game beyond where it cut out.

So, I cannot really comment on who had a good game and who didn't. What I can say is Tyler Graovac had 2+1, including the game winning and game tying goals, he also had a 2nd period fights for the Gordie Howe hat trick. Oliver Kylington also had 2+1. Curtis Lazar scored his first with the Heat. Andrew Mangiapane & Kerby Rychel each had a pair of helpers and Morgan Klimchuk & Buddy Robinson each had a single assist. Gillies stopped 25 of 29 shots, again, I have no idea about the quality.

Game 3: Ontario Reign (1-1-0) at Stockton Heat (0-1-1)

FIRST PERIOD

STK goal, 1-0 Heat. Curtis Lazar 1, (Andrew Mangiapane 1, Kerby Rychel 1) - 4:16
ONT goal, 1-1 Tie Game. Kale Clague 1, (Matt Roy 1, Sheldon Rempal 3) - 6:18
ONT goal, 2-1 Reign. Sheldon Rempal 2, (Alex Lintuniemi 2, Kale Clague 2) - 12:22
ONT goal, 3-1 Reign. Matt Luff 1 (Phillippe Maillet 1, Matt Moulson 2) - 15:34
STK goal, 3-2 Reign. Oliver Kylington 1 (Tyler Graovac 2, Kerby Rychel 2) - 17:35

SECOND PERIOD

No scoring

THIRD PERIOD

ONT goal, 4-2 Reign. Sheldon Rempal 3, (Kale Clague 3, Brett Sutter 3) - 9:33
STK goal, 4-3 Reign. Oliver Kylington 2, (Andrew Mangiapane 2, Buddy Robinson 2) - 10:52
STK goal, 4-4 Tie Game. Tyler Graovac 1, (Oliver Kylington 1, Morgan Klimchuk 2) 15:57

OVERTIME

STK goal, 5-4 Heat. Tyler Graovac 2, (Unassisted) 0:46

FINAL SCORE
Heat 5, Reign (OT)

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Man is it great to see Kylington just go beast mode like that. I want to see him really take his offensive game to another level this season, if he keeps having games like that he’ll be in the show sooner than later.

And Gillies sure some high highs and low lows. He’s a lot like Smith that way.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Man is it great to see Kylington just go beast mode like that. I want to see him really take his offensive game to another level this season, if he keeps having games like that he’ll be in the show sooner than later.

And Gillies sure some high highs and low lows. He’s a lot like Smith that way.
Kylington's offense has nothing to do with whether or not he'll be a regular NHL. He needs to significantly reduce that fatal mistake that he is prone to make 1-2 times a game and learn to trust his teammates. I can't speak on last night (it looks like the VOD is fixed now, so maybe I can say more later this weekend when I have a chance to watch that game.), but I can assure you, being good offensively won't get him to the NHL. Look at guys like TJ Brennan and Matt Taormina and prime examples.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kylington's offense has nothing to do with whether or not he'll be a regular NHL. He needs to significantly reduce that fatal mistake that he is prone to make 1-2 times a game and learn to trust his teammates. I can't speak on last night (it looks like the VOD is fixed now, so maybe I can say more later this weekend when I have a chance to watch that game.), but I can assure you, being good offensively won't get him to the NHL. Look at guys like TJ Brennan and Matt Taormina and prime examples.

Cant say I really agree. His mistakes come down to him just making the simple play and not forcing things. That can be taught. His offence and skating ability are exactly why he’s going to have an NHL career. I’ll side with the Flames on this one.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cant say I really agree. His mistakes come down to him just making the simple play and not forcing things. That can be taught. His offence and skating ability are exactly why he’s going to have an NHL career. I’ll side with the Flames on this one.
Side with the team that sent him down to the minors after you claimed he was told he was going to have a spot? But why listen to someone who watches every game he plays when you can buy into the hype of a prospect who has had confidence issues in the past.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Side with the team that sent him down to the minors after you claimed he was told he was going to have a spot? But why listen to someone who watches every game he plays when you can buy into the hype of a prospect who has had confidence issues in the past.

He was sent down because his game needs more polish, that doesn’t mean he’s done developing as you always seem to insinuate. His game has improved leaps and bounds since we drafted him and he’s going to play games this season, so we will see what he does up when he get the call.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He was sent down because his game needs more polish, that doesn’t mean he’s done developing as you always seem to insinuate. His game has improved leaps and bounds since we drafted him and he’s going to play games this season, so we will see what he does up when he get the call.
He was sent down because he makes the same stupid mistakes every game. He tries to do too much at the offensive blueline and gives up a minimum of 1 breakaway a game... then he gets down on himself and doesn't go balls out to make up for his mistake and more often than not it ends up in the back of our net.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
He was sent down because he makes the same stupid mistakes every game. He tries to do too much at the offensive blueline and gives up a minimum of 1 breakaway a game... then he gets down on himself and doesn't go balls out to make up for his mistake and more often than not it ends up in the back of our net.

You guys are arguing essentially over the same point of view. WWE is saying offense alone will not get Kylington into the NHL. CORRECT. Johnny is saying it will be that offense that makes him a valuable asset in the NHL ... again CORRECT.

Is Kylington ready now...NO. He still needs to clean up his defensive game.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You guys are arguing essentially over the same point of view. WWE is saying offense alone will not get Kylington into the NHL. CORRECT. Johnny is saying it will be that offense that makes him a valuable asset in the NHL ... again CORRECT.

Is Kylington ready now...NO. He still needs to clean up his defensive game.

Exactly. I agree with this. He had a shot to make the team this year and Valimaki was better. Kylington also showed the Flames a lot of positives though, if he didn’t Kulak would still be with the team. Like I said, his game needs more polish and that’s why he’s on the Heat. But he’s going to play in the NHL sooner than later because of his abilities.

But my opinion shouldn’t matter apparently because I don’t watch every AHL game.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
But my opinion shouldn’t matter apparently because I don’t watch every AHL game.

ROFL Nobodies POV matters. :naughty::naughty::naughty::dumbo::tmi::tmi::tmi:

Everybody is an expert and until one of us is GM of an NHL team no winner can be declared. Some people just need to feel they are "right" for their life to be complete.

I remember the days of me telling everyone here Johnny would be signed for max $6.75M or be traded. Didn't matter how right I was people thought less of me because I did not conform to the status quo. When I said Dougie was going to be traded... Same thing. Being right usually means the rest will try to stamp you down.

Enjoy the fun of knowing you get under their skin.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
ROFL Nobodies POV matters. :naughty::naughty::naughty::dumbo::tmi::tmi::tmi:

Everybody is an expert and until one of us is GM of an NHL team no winner can be declared. Some people just need to feel they are "right" for their life to be complete.

I remember the days of me telling everyone here Johnny would be signed for max $6.75M or be traded. Didn't matter how right I was people thought less of me because I did not conform to the status quo. When I said Dougie was going to be traded... Same thing. Being right usually means the rest will try to stamp you down.

Enjoy the fun of knowing you get under their skin.

I’m not gonna lie, when you regularly started posted on this board, I didn’t really trust your sources because well, it’s the internet. But you’ve earned a lot of respect in my books and I won’t be jumping to any conclusions to dismiss what you say in the future about Flames related topics. You were bang on both the Johnny and Hamilton situations.

Reactions: SKRusty

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I’m not gonna lie, when you regularly started posted on this board, I didn’t really trust your sources because well, it’s the internet. But you’ve earned a lot of respect in my books and I won’t be jumping to any conclusions to dismiss what you say in the future about Flames related topics. You were bang on both the Johnny and Hamilton situations.

I have been wrong a few times ... (Wotherspoon most notably) I didn't realize the change in the NHL regarding speed and though many were still high on his career trajectory the writing was on the wall. The pressure is on Janko to start driving play more. With the number of centers in Calgary I think he has become expendable (If there is a player most likely to be traded it is Janko) Stone is valued for his experience. Bennett has this season and if he doesn't start moulding into a core player he will be moved to ensure Calgary has cap room for Chucky.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
How has the goaltending looked so far? Their numbers are terrible but that doesn’t always tell the whole story.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How has the goaltending looked so far? Their numbers are terrible but that doesn’t always tell the whole story.
defensive breakdowns have been the biggest problem. I won't praise the goalies, but I won't chastise them either.

Reactions: Czarchuk

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Glad to see Lazar get a goal. Hope he keeps it up and dominates in Stockton.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Also as an expert, I see Kylington becoming the next Morgan Rielly, Orr 3.0. You can’t deny his god given talents. It’s a matter of time until he surpasses MacInnis for us as being the top dman to wear the flaming C.

Reactions: Calculon

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As an expert, I can say with confidence that if the Flames were put in a situation through injury where Kylington was the next man up this year, they probably would make a move for another team's #7 or #8.

Reactions: InfinityIggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad