Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
upload_2018-7-9_14-8-34.png

edit: 2017/18 Regular Season 5v5 corsi

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
upload_2018-7-9_14-18-50.png

more 2017-18 Regular Season stats for reference; still 5v5; sorted by scoring chances

*from Natural Stat Trick dot com

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
For our resident "Fancystats denier" on Byfuglien over the past three seasons combined:

By Corsi, Jets control 2.55 shots per hundred more with Byfuglien on the ice than on the bench.

By Goals, Jets control 4.17 goals per hundred more with Byfuglien on the ice than on the bench.

Byfuglien ranks 1st in Corsi, and the only people ahead of him in goals are super small sample, sheltered players (Strait and Poolman).

So... about that fancystats don't account for Buff...

Reactions: jetsforever

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hello Toby.

I'd rather have him than Morrow or Chiarot right now :(

For our resident "Fancystats denier" on Byfuglien over the past three seasons combined:

By Corsi, Jets control 2.55 shots per hundred more with Byfuglien on the ice than on the bench.

By Goals, Jets control 4.17 goals per hundred more with Byfuglien on the ice than on the bench.

Byfuglien ranks 1st in Corsi, and the only people ahead of him in goals are super small sample, sheltered players (Strait and Poolman).

So... about that fancystats don't account for Buff...

So glad we kept him over Ladd :nod:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Replacing Enstrom's defensive impact will be tough, but the kicker is that last year, he was among the worst NHL defensemen at producing any kind of offense. I reckon Kulikov is our best shot at this point, provided that he can stay healthy.

Reactions: ps241

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
mjo19mp0gt711.png

Often times I find the panic about our C depth a little premature.

- a lot obviously is contingent on how repeatable Lowry's success from last year is. I don't think we should expect him to remain a 58% Corsi player, but if he can get even close to what he was this past year, we're good.
- not only are they overhyped and -rated, but Toronto also seems to use cheat codes. Shame on those f***s.
- the Kings down the middle: Kopitar and guys. Guessing the Isles' brass is trying to make a Kopitar out of Barzal.
- in a universe where 'it's impossible to trade for centers', St. Louis has added ~37 GAR's worth of Cs in the last 14 months. Montreal remains dead last, and Bergevin has a job.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241 and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
mjo19mp0gt711.png

Often times I find the panic about our C depth a little premature.

- a lot obviously is contingent on how repeatable Lowry's success from last year is. I don't think we should expect him to remain a 58% Corsi player, but if he can get even close to what he was this past year, we're good.
- not only are they overhyped and -rated, but Toronto also seems to use cheat codes. Shame on those ****s.
- The Kings down the middle: Kopitar and guys.

Good post. I figured we'd still easily be top 10. Sure Lowry will have to have another good season but I think Little bounces back to offset any decline from Lowry.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->