• Vegas Golden Knights

• Winnipeg Jets

• Nashville Predators

• St Louis Blues

• Dallas Stars

• Colorado Avalanche

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aug 3, 2010
Watching the VGK-SJS series makes me think Calgary was never going to make it out of the second round let alone the first.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Watching the VGK-SJS series makes me think Calgary was never going to make it out of the second round let alone the first.
They played both those teams well in the regular season, and would have been competitive with them if they had their A game. They didn't have even their C game in the first round, though.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That was fun.

Sharks are either going to win the cup or get trounced by the Avs. Or lose on another round. I dunno.

Reactions: cgf

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
My bracket is 2/7. I was a perfect 8/8 in the first round last year. I hope the caps lose for the lols tomorrow.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I don't hate the Sharks, but Kane is enough to make me cheer against them.

That said, watching this last game made me realize how unmatched we would have been against either of these teams. They played their fourth period faster and smarter than we played our firsts.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
He still cross cross checked him in the chest when they were up by 3. Idiot
That play happens after almost every faceoff it's just jockeying for position. He crosschecked a guy in the chest and got a 5 minute major because his face was bleeding.

It's the opposite of how the saints were eliminated in the NFC finals. The NFL refs missed a blatant call, the NHL refs make one up.

I hope the call at least leads to something that stops poor officiating from ruining series.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He still cross cross checked him in the chest when they were up by 3. Idiot
Right. My point is that he is no more singularly-culpable than any of the countless players who committed blatant infractions that didn't lead to major penalties. It's playoff hockey. Probably a half-dozen of his teammates also committed minor infractions during that game-state that didn't get called.

Aug 3, 2010
They played both those teams well in the regular season, and would have been competitive with them if they had their A game. They didn't have even their C game in the first round, though.
Sure, and they beat Colorado every game in the regular season too. But let's not beat a dead team horse.
I don't hate the Sharks, but Kane is enough to make me cheer against them.

That said, watching this last game made me realize how unmatched we would have been against either of these teams. They played their fourth period faster and smarter than we played our firsts.
I'm in it for Thornton to get his. Not enough elder statesmen first-ballot HHOF locks get their Cups.

Pretty good hockey to be watched in the other series. Hoping the 'Canes take it in Game 7.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
We probably would’ve won more playoff games if we just dropped to 2nd in the division. God damn seeing the Sharks comeback from 3-1 just reopens the wound a bit.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
We probably would’ve won more playoff games if we just dropped to 2nd in the division. God damn seeing the Sharks comeback from 3-1 just reopens the wound a bit.
Going to disagree there, Vegas would have swept us for sure. This series was true playoff hockey, unlike whatever the hell it was the Flames were putting out.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Sharks have been pretty brutal defensively and in net during the playoffs.. I think the Avs are going through to the WCF. San Jose won't be able to keep up with them and stop the Avs big guns who are far faster and more skilled than Vegas.

Mack is seriously on a mission.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Anything can happen in the playoffs but SJ is clearly a level above Dallas, St. Louis, and Colorado. This is the clearest path to the cup they've ever had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->