• Nashville Predators

• St Louis Blues

• Dallas Stars

• Colorado Avalanche

Results are only viewable after voting.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I actually really like San Jose’s team. Their media is obviously a non factor. It’s just the 1-2 fans on here that are really arrogant and ignorant that drive me crazy

It’s not like a Toronto situation where I don’t like how the team is built and almost all the fans are awful and the media makes me want to shove a double barreled shotgun down my throat and pull the trigger

I like Colorado too though, should be a fun series

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Anything can happen in the playoffs but SJ is clearly a level above Dallas, St. Louis, and Colorado. This is the clearest path to the cup they've ever had.
I remember when they said that about the Flames.

I don't know how anyone can look at the remaining playoff landscape and say any one team is a sure thing. We're seeing upsets left and right. Every remaining team is playing with something to prove.

I personally think Colorado is going to torch the Sharks but at this point, not even Jones posting four straight shutouts would surprise me. :laugh:

Reactions: Mr Snrub

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The Sharks aren't on a different level than St Louis. St Louis is a fantastic hockey team who could easily be seen as the west favorites.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The Sharks aren't on a different level than St Louis. St Louis is a fantastic hockey team who could easily be seen as the west favorites.

While it's not a huge difference, Sharks do have two Norris D-men (albeit one not playing at 100%), and a deeper offense than the Blues. Blues make up for some of it on defensive depth and goaltending imo. Would be a fun series if we get one.

Reactions: Dack

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Sharks had so much trouble dealing with the speed of karlsson smith and marchassult, keep doing that and Mackinnon will slaughter them

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Going to disagree there, Vegas would have swept us for sure. This series was true playoff hockey, unlike whatever the hell it was the Flames were putting out.

That’s fair. It really depends on whether the Flames would’ve brought up their intensity against Vegas at all. I think they underestimated Colorado and got punched in the mouth.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Sharks had so much trouble dealing with the speed of karlsson smith and marchassult, keep doing that and Mackinnon will slaughter them
They have some magic dust so far, and they're a better team than Cgy. They can take Colorado.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Anything can happen in the playoffs but SJ is clearly a level above Dallas, St. Louis, and Colorado. This is the clearest path to the cup they've ever had.
Oh, I wouldn't say that at all. San Jose has to be the worst defensive team in the entire playoffs. They can often score themselves out of trouble, but it's hard to see them getting far in the playoffs when they struggle so mightily to play sound defensive hockey.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Watching the Canes attack in this OT is painful. They have so much zone time but don't know what to do with the puck

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Every year, my siblings and I do bracket challenges and it was horrific lol. 2/8 for my youngest brother and I, and my other sibling went a stunning 0/8.

Meanwhile, the joke bracket was 7/8 lmfao.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
From what I saw the Capitals hardly had any chances because they never had the puck so I guess it worked?
The Canes played extremely well in both OT periods. They just couldn't turn any of their possession into anything meaningful. Williams' goal was an uggggly one but they all count.

Canes-Isles will be a great series. Would be happy with either of them winning

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Remember when Peters had nothing in Carolina to work with so the mediocre results werent really his fault

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Remember when Peters had nothing in Carolina to work with so the mediocre results werent really his fault
Yes, imagine being one of those complete fools who predicted that Peters would have more success with the Flames than he did with the Hurricanes. :laugh:

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. The Flames improved a lot more this season than the Hurricanes did compared to last year, so if anything it only validates that claim. The Hurricanes did improve this year, but still scratched and clawed their way into the playoffs, while the Flames were the second team in the entire league to punch their ticket.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Call me crazy but i will take a coach and team that wins in the play offs over a team that only wins in the regular season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Call me crazy but i will take a coach and team that wins in the play offs over a team that only wins in the regular season.

Coaches and teams frequently oscillate between winning and losing in the playoffs. Do you have Paul Maurice and the Jets as a team that wins in the playoffs or loses in the playoffs? How about Jon Cooper and the Bolts? How about Mike Sullivan and the Penguins?

I wouldn't go so far as to call you crazy, especially because what you're espousing is far from uncommon, but basing your analysis purely on playoff results is a bit short-sighted given the small sample size and lack of reproducibility. On the other hand, there is a clear, repeatable trend whereby teams that routinely find success in the regular season eventually find success in the playoffs.

Anyway, at the end of the day, your post was a bit clownish in nature because what the people you were mocking were saying actually did come to fruition.

Reactions: Janks

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Whats clownish is not realizing Brindamour is getting more out of Carolina players than Peters ever could, and that Hanifin, Lindholm and Peters himselft reverted to their mediocre, vanilla selves once the games started heating up.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Whats clownish is not realizing Brindamour is getting more out of Carolina players than Peters ever could, and that Hanifin, Lindholm and Peters himselft reverted to their mediocre, vanilla selves once the games started heating up.

I mean it was their first playoff experience...I'd give them (including Peters) a mulligan, especially given how well the regular season went (Lindholm and Peters were a huge part of that).

Let's just focus on being a team that consistently makes the playoffs by making it again next year, then focus on winning a round next year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

So how come vanilla didn't get them to playoffs in previous seasons?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

I don’t think people realize it wasn’t until they turned 4th line waiver wire (rask) into a top line winger did carolina actually make a push for the playoffs. They were nowhere near their pace with just Dougie and ferland (and the later hasn’t even played in the playoffs).

And Peters got a 50 win season out of us. If that isn’t getting enough, idk what is. Personally, I think we overachieved to a degree this year and could fall back a bit... gonna imagine a fire peters thread here at some point because of that lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->