NHL 2018-19 Stanley Cup Playoffs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
What makes the Tampa collapse even more historic is how Game 1 started

Torts exploded after the first period

Right now would anybody be shocked if Columbus wound up winning the Cup?

Nope, I like the way their playing and the islanders suffocating D too. No easy wins. Torts is the man for this type of spot CBJ are in. He’s good in the underdog role. But also don’t forget the jackets had 97/98 points . Their good. I still can’t believe Tampa got The broom. Lol

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Couple of interesting factoids from Gord Miller's twitter (I don't know how to embed tweets as I don't use twitter).

Since 1994, no team has won a Stanley Cup without at least one player who has won a cup before. Tampa had no previous cup winners on it's roster.

The last time the Eastern's conference's 1st place team has even gotten to the finals, let alone win, was Tampa themselves all the way back in 2004.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Couple of interesting factoids from Gord Miller's twitter (I don't know how to embed tweets as I don't use twitter).

Since 1994, no team has won a Stanley Cup without at least one player who has won a cup before. Tampa had no previous cup winners on it's roster.

The last time the Eastern's conference's 1st place team has even gotten to the finals, let alone win, was Tampa themselves all the way back in 2004.

Interesting factoid. Although, I think it goes back to the 1989 Flames, no? In 1993, Patrick Roy had won before, In 1992 the Pens repeated, in 1991 they had Paul Coffey and 1990 was still the Oilers dynasty.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Interesting factoid. Although, I think it goes back to the 1989 Flames, no? In 1993, Patrick Roy had won before, In 1992 the Pens repeated, in 1991 they had Paul Coffey and 1990 was still the Oilers dynasty.

Yeah that's true not sure why Miller used 1994 as the reference point. Just a quick glance at the Flames 89 roster and I think your right about them being the last team to win with no prior winner.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Congrats Lou Lam, a sweep.

Who would have thought CBJ would sweep TB, certainly not me?

Go Bruins & Celtics

don`t take what I`m about to say in the wrong way but as satisfying as it always is to watch the Penguins get swept, was kind of hoping the Pens would win game 4, give the real fans of the Islanders one more opportunity to see their boys bounce the Pens on home ice on Long Island

Also satisfying t see the Bolts get trounced, thought the Jackets would wear them down physically but still lose in 6 games, man was I wrong

Reactions: Maine Fan

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

I think that every remaining team in the East has at least one player who won a Stanley Cup before.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think that every remaining team in the East has at least one player who won a Stanley Cup before.

I believe your right.

Tor - Muzzin

Bos - Chara, Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Rask

Wash - Most of the team

CBJ - McQuaid

NYI - Boychuk

Car - J.Staal, TVR, Williams

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

The crosscheck is on the cheap side, but I've seen the same thing go uncalled so far in the PO's.

The punch was trash though. No place in the game for that.

The crosscheck was worth a 2 (even though it looked like Stastny sold it a bit).

I am not a Kane fan, but I thought the punch was pretty light? Two or a four at most. I think they just wanted Kane out of the game so the situation didn't escalate when he got out of the box?

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Dunno about that... Washington is still in it and if the Bruins advance, Columbus is as tough an out as there will be. After that you’re looking at either facing the defending Cup champs or a hungry Islanders team that’ll be just as tough as Columbus

The Isles relied a lot on their goalie. Not saying he can't keep up that level of play,
but I also wonder if he CAN.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just watching the Vegas -SJ highlights. Man, the Sharks are unraveling. And Evander Kane is an idiot

game getting out of control, Kane knew he had to get off the ice and outta the game before having to answer to his ridiculous quote about Reaves and picked his spot.....as usual

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
don`t take what I`m about to say in the wrong way but as satisfying as it always is to watch the Penguins get swept, was kind of hoping the Pens would win game 4, give the real fans of the Islanders one more opportunity to see their boys bounce the Pens on home ice on Long Island

Also satisfying t see the Bolts get trounced, thought the Jackets would wear them down physically but still lose in 6 games, man was I wrong

I fully understand what you are saying about the Pens and Isles. As exciting as it would be to win at home for the Isles fans, both the players and fans loved the sweep even if not at home.

I never thought TB would get bounced in the first two rounds.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Just watching the Vegas -SJ highlights. Man, the Sharks are unraveling. And Evander Kane is an idiot
Kane did a lot of trash talking about his fight with Reaves. It was amusing to read, but unless you are going to bring it and your team is as well, it comes off as you say. Making him look like a bit of an idiot.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The crosscheck was worth a 2 (even though it looked like Stastny sold it a bit).

I am not a Kane fan, but I thought the punch was pretty light? Two or a four at most. I think they just wanted Kane out of the game so the situation didn't escalate when he got out of the box?
Agree completely. That was a response to a 4-0 game and Kane's comments the day before. Of course if that were in Toronto the local media would go into high alert and referees would be getting called out for allowing things to progress even to that point at all. Oh the humanity.....

Reactions: Chief Nine

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
While Svechnikov has undergone concussion protocol and is expected to miss Game 4 tonight, Ovi still had a message for him right after his team’s loss on Monday but also on Tuesday, as it was revealed by NBC Sports’ Pierre McGuire.

“I hope he’s okay,” Ovechkin said after the game, addressing the fight. “You don’t want to see a guy get hurt.”
“I’m not a big fighter. He’s the same,” Ovi said of Svechnikov. “He asked me to fight, I said ‘let’s go​

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
While Svechnikov has undergone concussion protocol and is expected to miss Game 4 tonight, Ovi still had a message for him right after his team’s loss on Monday but also on Tuesday, as it was revealed by NBC Sports’ Pierre McGuire.

“I hope he’s okay,” Ovechkin said after the game, addressing the fight. “You don’t want to see a guy get hurt.”
“I’m not a big fighter. He’s the same,” Ovi said of Svechnikov. “He asked me to fight, I said ‘let’s go​

This is what I thought from watching the video.

Even though Ovi dropped the gloves first, it looked as if Svechnikov was the one that initiated the fight (verbally).

Hopefully, Svetch is good to go for Game 5.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad