2018-19 season previews

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
In this thread I'll be trying to put all of the season previews I find for the team.

(For instance, tomorrow 8/29, both the NHL and NBC season previews will be on Vegas.)

NHL Season Previews Preview: Measuring Uncertainty
The Athletic (paywall) goes through it's statistical process (running the season through, on a game-by-game basis, 100k times) to help rank teams. But with parity in the league and luck, there was no way pundits can accurately predict a Vegas finish.

The Athletic will start doing the team-by-team predictions starting 8/29 and running through September.

Reactions: Knightmare

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
After Kings were 8th in West and won the Cup, just proof that you can win the Cup regardless of where you're ranked when you make the playoffs.

More specifically, all five participants believe there will be some (standings) regression for VGK. No "misfits"/us-against-the-league coming together synergy.

So perhaps not winning the division, but have a good chance of being one of the 8 teams from the Western Conference to make the playoffs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Honestly I think it's not that far off to expect some kind of drop off from last season, it was a super emotional season.

That being said, I think 95-100 points would be our expected range. That would probably be about where those standings say. 2 or 3 in the Pacific, 5 or 6 in the West, 11 or 12 in the league.

Once playoff time rolls around, it is often about who is riding good momentum and chemistry going in and who executes more of their chances.

We could be out in any of the four rounds but that was true last year also. I think it should be another fun ride.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad