2018-19 schedule

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
The fact that some teams play less games per season than others is disgusting. The AHL must fix this. Can’t they just meet in the middle. Play like a 72 game schedule. Or let the California teams ( and Colorado) play a higher proportion of nearby teams when on the road.

The plan is to try and eventually get to 72. But there are a number of roadblocks in the way...1 is the pacific teams don't want to play as many games...little known fact is that when the pacific teams came into the league they only wanted to play 60 games...Dave Andrews had to talk them into 68. 2 is that the independently owned teams such as Chicago, Grand Rapids, Hershey etc lose revenue for every home game lost, so they don't want to lose any games because they have to replace that revenue somewhere.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If anyone sees the opponents release from Rockford, Texas, Manitoba, Tucson or Ontario please let me know. Those are the only ones I haven't seen in the western conference. And well, Colorado but I know they haven't released theirs.

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
If anyone sees the opponents release from Rockford, Texas, Manitoba, Tucson or Ontario please let me know. Those are the only ones I haven't seen in the western conference. And well, Colorado but I know they haven't released theirs.

I’m working on a matrix spreadsheet like I did for the ECHL and I must have seen Ontario because I have them completed, but, yes, I haven’t seen the other 5 teams you mentioned, either.

BTW, in the East I’m missing: LAV, TOR, CHR, LV, PRO, SPR.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m working on a matrix spreadsheet like I did for the ECHL and I must have seen Ontario because I have them completed, but, yes, I haven’t seen the other 5 teams you mentioned, either.

BTW, in the East I’m missing: LAV, TOR, CHR, LV, PRO, SPR.
I have since seen Tucson. 12x Colorado, 8x other pacific. 4x Texas, Chicago, Rockford and Iowa.

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
Thanks for the tip. Adding them to my matrix allowed me fill out the rest of the West easily. Unless teams in the same division don’t play each other or Colorado is playing somebody from the East, there’s only one way the West puzzle fits together.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks for the tip. Adding them to my matrix allowed me fill out the rest of the West easily. Unless teams in the same division don’t play each other or Colorado is playing somebody from the East, there’s only one way the West puzzle fits together.
I think I've figured out who Colorado plays by process of elimination at this point but just confirm for me who they play in the central. I have San Antonio, Chicago and Iowa confirmed, who is the fourth?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Agreed. My wife & I drive to places like Milwaukee, Chicago, Rockford, Des Moines & other Midwest cities to see a variety of hockey teams compete. But we had to fly to California - twice - to see Stockton, San Diego & Ontario (and San Francisco & Bakersfield) play at home. The AHL could have saved us some serious money if they had just mixed up the opponents in the Central season-to-season, but the shortened schedule in the Pacific didn't help that cause.

I drove to Rochester about 6 and 7 years ago to see the day after Thanksgiving Day game. I don't travel out of town often to see hockey games. I did get to see Toronto and Albany as the opponents to the Amerks. I went to Chicago for their first IHL season to see the Ads on the road. I believe that was 1994. I was in San Diego in 1995 on vacation when the Ads were there in the playoffs. I went to one of the two games. There were maybe 2000 SD Gulls fans and a 100 Milwaukee fans, who seemed to be louder.

Last edited:

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Teams and the league are starting to tease it on social media. I'd expect tomorrow, but it could be no later than Thursday.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Schedule will be released tomorrow. Teams are starting to announce their home openers today.
League release on home openers - and full schedule release date at bottom ...
bakersfield64.png
Bakersfield Condors
– Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Stockton
Belleville Senators – Wed., Oct. 17 vs. Binghamton
Binghamton Devils – Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Toronto
bridgeport64.png
Bridgeport Sound Tigers
– Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Rochester
charlotte64.png
Charlotte Checkers
– Fri., Oct. 19 vs. Hershey
chicago64.png
Chicago Wolves
– Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Grand Rapids
cle16_64.png
Cleveland Monsters
– Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Rockford
Colorado Eagles – Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Chicago
grandrapids64.png
Grand Rapids Griffins
– Fri., Oct. 12 vs. Hershey
hartford64.png
Hartford Wolf Pack
– Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Providence
hershey64.png
Hershey Bears
– Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Syracuse
Iowa Wild – Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Manitoba
laval64.png
Laval Rocket
– Fri., Oct. 12 vs. Binghamton
lehighvalley64.png
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
– Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Bridgeport
manitoba64.png
Manitoba Moose
– Fri., Oct. 12 vs. Belleville
milwaukee64.png
Milwaukee Admirals
– Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Hershey
ontario64.png
Ontario Reign
– Fri., Oct. 12 vs. Stockton
providence64.png
Providence Bruins
– Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Laval
rochester64-1.png
Rochester Americans
– Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Charlotte
rockford64.png
Rockford IceHogs
– Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Texas
sanantonio64.png
San Antonio Rampage
– Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Grand Rapids
sandiego64.png
San Diego Gulls
– Fri., Oct. 12 vs. Tucson
San Jose Barracuda – Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Ontario
springfield64.png
Springfield Thunderbirds
– Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Lehigh Valley
Stockton Heat – Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Ontario
syracuse64.png
Syracuse Crunch
– Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Charlotte
texas64.png
Texas Stars
– Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Grand Rapids
toronto16_64.png
Toronto Marlies
– Mon., Oct. 8 vs. Cleveland
tucsonbird_64.png
Tucson Roadrunners
– Sat., Oct. 6 vs. San Diego
utica64.png
Utica Comets
– Fri., Oct. 5 vs. Toronto
wbs64.png
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
– Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Springfield

The complete 2018-19 regular-season schedule will be unveiled on Wednesday, July 11, at 3 p.m. ET.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad