2018-19 schedule

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
All that I have heard about the Admirals is that the home opener is Saturday Oct 13. The Central Division gains San Antonio and Texas and loses Cleveland.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals released their opponents

12 Chicago
12 Rockford
10 Grand Rapids
8 Texas
8 San Antonio
8 Manitoba
6 Iowa
4 Cleveland
2 San Diego
2 Ontario
2 Hershey
2 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Surprised they only play Iowa 6 times.

Reactions: adsfan

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The CHI Wolves listed their 2018-19 opponents last weekend, along with the traditional "guaranteed home dates" announcement.
Chicago ... will continue to play 12 games against the Rockford IceHogs and the Milwaukee Admirals. The Wolves suit up eight times against each of the Central Division’s other teams: Grand Rapids, Iowa, Manitoba, San Antonio and Texas.

The Wolves dip into the Pacific Division pool with four games apiece against the Colorado Eagles and the Tucson Roadrunners. They’ll also engage an Eastern Conference foe for the first time since Nov. 25, 2008, when they play their first of four contests with the Cleveland Monsters.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Wolves schedule is back to the same old bullshit as before...play the same teams over and over. Then act like the fans are complete morons by telling them oh for the first time in 10 years we are playing an eastern conference team...then announce that it's Cleveland...the same team they've played in the west for that last 4+ years.
17-18 schedule saw the following...Bakersfield, Cleveland, Ontario, San Diego, Tucson,Texas,San Antonio, Milwaukee, Iowa, Grand Rapids, Manitoba, Rockford.
18-19 schedule...Cleveland,Tucson, Colorado(S. Antonio split in half),San Antonio,Milwaukee,Iowa,Grand Rapids,Manitoba, Rockford and Texas. They may be the only team who believes progress is regression??
Iowa plays the entire Pacific division and the entire Central division. So they play the ENTIRE conference but Chicago can't??? There's no one on god's little green earth who will convince me that it's easier and or cheaper to fly to Des Moines from the west coast then it is to fly to Chicago!!!! Another screw job by the "braintrust" that runs this team.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Admirals released their opponents

12 Chicago
12 Rockford
10 Grand Rapids
8 Texas
8 San Antonio
8 Manitoba
6 Iowa
4 Cleveland
2 San Diego
2 Ontario
2 Hershey
2 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Surprised they only play Iowa 6 times.

Thanks AF24! My wife was too lazy to tell me this yesterday.

I knew from reading Wolfkeeper's site that Milwaukee was playing Chicago 12 times; I just assumed 12 more against Rockford.

As much as the Milwaukee schedule is the same old, same old; Chicago's is worse.

Milwaukee played Stockton last season. That is the only change that I have noticed.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Better for the fans to see some variety on the visitor bench. And maybe the Wild have gotten tired of the Ads beating them. ;)

I will go with that. Stockton has dropped off of the Ads schedule, but the other 4 unsual teams, WBS, HER, SD and ONT remain.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks AF24! My wife was too lazy to tell me this yesterday.

I knew from reading Wolfkeeper's site that Milwaukee was playing Chicago 12 times; I just assumed 12 more against Rockford.

As much as the Milwaukee schedule is the same old, same old; Chicago's is worse.

Milwaukee played Stockton last season. That is the only change that I have noticed.

We played Stockton two years ago. Our Pacific opponents last year were Ontario and San Diego.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Uuuuum, you do know this is a public forum, right? You've either been married way too long or not nearly long enough. :facepalm:

August will make 35 years!

The "too lazy" comment were her words. She is one of the least lazy people that I ever met.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMCx4

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We played Stockton two years ago. Our Pacific opponents last year were Ontario and San Diego.

Gee, I hate to be disagreeable AF24, but I checked my 2017-18 schedule magnet. It has a road game at Stockton (STK) on Wednesday March 14, 2018. The Friday game was against SD and the Saturday game was at Ontario.

I believe that Stockton Heat came to Milwaukee on Sunday February 11. But it is listed as STO, instead of STK. A typo, I guess. O and K touch corners on this keyboard.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
You're right. For some reason I thought we only played two Pacific teams.

I blame that on the mind numbing caused by playing the Wolves and IceHogs TWELVE times a season!

I have become like "Hey, didn't we play the same two teams at home last week, or was it the week before that?"

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I blame that on the mind numbing caused by playing the Wolves and IceHogs TWELVE times a season!

I have become like "Hey, didn't we play the same two teams at home last week, or was it the week before that?"
That scheduling strategy worked when hockey team rivalries were a thing. These days one visiting team "Sucks!" just as much as the next, and most of the ticketholders know & care far more about the music blaring over the arena speakers than they do about play on the ice. It's all taken the edge off of the game night experience.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That scheduling strategy worked when hockey team rivalries were a thing. These days once visiting team "Sucks!" just as much as the next, and most of the ticketholders know & care far more about the music blaring over the arena speakers than they do about play on the ice. It's all taken the edge off of the game night experience.

I look forward to seeing Stockton, SD, Ontario and any other "unusual team", like Rochester, coming to Milwaukee.

I hate that music because you can't talk to anybody. You lose some of the community that you built up over the last 1 to 30 years with other fans.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I look forward to seeing Stockton, SD, Ontario and any other "unusual team", like Rochester, coming to Milwaukee. ...
Agreed. My wife & I drive to places like Milwaukee, Chicago, Rockford, Des Moines & other Midwest cities to see a variety of hockey teams compete. But we had to fly to California - twice - to see Stockton, San Diego & Ontario (and San Francisco & Bakersfield) play at home. The AHL could have saved us some serious money if they had just mixed up the opponents in the Central season-to-season, but the shortened schedule in the Pacific didn't help that cause.

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
The fact that some teams play less games per season than others is disgusting. The AHL must fix this. Can’t they just meet in the middle. Play like a 72 game schedule. Or let the California teams ( and Colorado) play a higher proportion of nearby teams when on the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad