2018-19 Schedule Trivia

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I'm getting ready to reserve my partial plan for next season. For the past seven or eight seasons, we've bought a 12-pack or 13-pack. This season, the plan is 11 games, which is still one or two more than we actually attend during a typical season.

They're going with tiered pricing again, depending on the marketability of the opponent. Here are the four pricing tiers for my section, which is upper bowl in the neutral zone: $45, $50, $60, and $83. Nineteen of the games are in that second lowest tier; the teams that fill in the high and low tiers are as follows:

$45 (lowest tier, 10 games):
Buffalo
Vancouver
Tampa Bay
Ottawa
Carolina
Nashville
New Jersey
Columbus
Florida
Anaheim

$60 (second highest tier, 8 games):
Boston
Montreal
Vegas
Edmonton
NY Rangers
Winnipeg
Detroit
Winnipeg

$85 (highest tier, 4 games)
Pittsburgh
Toronto
Edmonton
Chicago

Some teams we play twice are in two tiers, if one of the game is on a Saturday. Even though we don't have many Tampa transplants, I was surprised to see them in the lowest-priced tier. And Coyotes fans dating back to the first season remember when the Mighty Ducks were our biggest rival. Now they're right in there with Carolina and Buffalo. On the high side, I wouldn't attend a Blackhawks game at the lowest price, having to listen to the transplant bandwagoners. At least the organization can make some extra ticked revenue from them.

Here's the breakdown by day of week:

Sunday: 5
Monday: 1
Tuesday: 6
Wednesday: 3
Thursday: 9
Friday: 4
Saturday: 13

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
@Tom Polakis I'm a schedule-junkie, too. A couple thoughts:

Tampa Bay game is Sat, Oct 27. That will compete with college football and potentially a world series game. Cardinals play home the next day vs the 49ers....which could be both a pro or a con. That plus the fact that you don't see many TB fans attend games in AZ. Not surprised to see them in the lower tier.

Anaheim plays in Arizona 3 times this year (only team with 3 games at GRA), be surprised if that lower tier for was for the home opener on Oct 6. The other 2 games are weeknights in March...that's more likely. Ducks don't seem to draw well compared to the Canadian teams in the Pacific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad