Speculation: 2018-19 roster

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You're right they won't be back soon

Yeah, it seems Haula will get his shot to show he should be on the 2nd line to start and Lindberg will probably center the 3rd?

I thought they should try Carr with Nosek and Lindberg on the 3rd and Carpenter, Bellemare and Reaves on the 4th with Carrier as the extra forward.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Anyone know how Nate wound up in Vienna? Gotta be a VGK connection with someone there, right?
Only saw that he'd be in Europe practicing for the next month.

Take a look at who's with the team. (Players, coaches, GM/management, trainers/equipment staff)

Could be Caps or college connection as well.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Only saw that he'd be in Europe practicing for the next month.

Take a look at who's with the team. (Players, coaches, GM/management, trainers/equipment staff)

Could be Caps or college connection as well.

Making me do the legwork, are ya? :laugh:

After cursory investigation I found that new Vienna Capitals coach Dave Cameron (late of the Calgary Flames) is from PEI. So maybe there's a connection with coach GG.

Yeah, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :nod:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, it seems Haula will get his shot to show he should be on the 2nd line to start and Lindberg will probably center the 3rd?

I thought they should try Carr with Nosek and Lindberg on the 3rd and Carpenter, Bellemare and Reaves on the 4th with Carrier as the extra forward.
I thought Haula looked better with 2 than Tuch did.....I felt like it was Haula all the way.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I thought Haula looked better with 2 than Tuch did.....I felt like it was Haula all the way.

I'm not sure if Patches-Stastny-XXX is as good as previously expected... will see.

If Tuch isn't in the lineup, it has to be Nosek-Lindberg-Carpenter. I could even see Nosek scoring 20+ goals in 3rd line with such linemates (Lindberg is a good supporting player, and will bounce back, carpenter is also a good supporting player who can score if needed)

The team has so much offense that it's starting to look very nice. I like speed and scoring.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not sure if Patches-Stastny-XXX is as good as previously expected... will see.

If Tuch isn't in the lineup, it has to be Nosek-Lindberg-Carpenter. I could even see Nosek scoring 20+ goals in 3rd line with such linemates (Lindberg is a good supporting player, and will bounce back, carpenter is also a good supporting player who can score if needed)

The team has so much offense that it's starting to look very nice. I like speed and scoring.

Not just the scoring. Judging strictly by preseason, they haven't lost their identity as relentless on the puck in all three zones. If Flower can stay healthy, VGK could end up with the lowest GAA in the league.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Not just the scoring. Judging strictly by preseason, they haven't lost their identity as relentless on the puck in all three zones. If Flower can stay healthy, VGK could end up with the lowest GAA in the league.

Otherwise known as the criteria for winning the Jennings trophy. :sarcasm:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Otherwise known as the criteria for winning the Jennings trophy. :sarcasm:

I sincerely think he should be frontrunner for Vezina this season if he stays healthy. In his two preseason starts, he looked like he never took the summer off, but came in fresh off the playoff run. Two games, I know. I honestly believe that Prior has coached him up and last year wasn't an outlier for Fleury.

Now if we just had a reliable backup to give him some rest without forfeiting games.....

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My guess (from never having played hockey) is the mental side of the game is huge for goalies. Coaches can help big time in this.

MAF also has a lot more support from the organization (and fans) coming to Vegas than he had for the previous couple of seasons in Pittsburgh with Murray breathing down his neck and then usurping him.

Enjoying playing makes it fun.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I sincerely think he should be frontrunner for Vezina this season if he stays healthy. In his two preseason starts, he looked like he never took the summer off, but came in fresh off the playoff run. Two games, I know. I honestly believe that Prior has coached him up and last year wasn't an outlier for Fleury.

Now if we just had a reliable backup to give him some rest without forfeiting games.....

Gotta think Gibson would be the frontrunner with the Vezina if he, himself, stays healthy.

He had a strong case to win it last year and didn't even get named finalist in a baffling decision and he already looks a class above in his first game.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Gotta think Gibson would be the frontrunner with the Vezina if he, himself, stays healthy.

He had a strong case to win it last year and didn't even get named finalist in a baffling decision and he already looks a class above in his first game.

We'll see. Both healthy, I would stand Fleury against Gibson.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We'll see. Both healthy, I would stand Fleury against Gibson.

He could definitely win it but I also think, even though Anaheim has that really good defense core, that as a team they are more disheveled than Vegas and will give Gibson more opportunities to look amazing than a solid, well coached Vegas would give to Fleury.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He could definitely win it but I also think, even though Anaheim has that really good defense core, that as a team they are more disheveled than Vegas and will give Gibson more opportunities to look amazing than a solid, well coached Vegas would give to Fleury.

And more opportunities to get in the weeds.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad