Morin-Ghost

Hart

Is this your roster for next season?

What did we get for Voracek?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Zajac, Zacha, Seney -- absolutely terrible. Plenty of other piles of dreck too. For example:

Chicago -- Strome, Kampf, Kruger
Detroit -- Nielsen, Glendening, de la Rose
Ottawa -- Tierney, Pageau, Smith
Arizona -- Richardson, Cousins, Dauphin/Kempe

Strome has actually been really good since being traded to Chicago.

When is wunderkind Chayka going to actually turn that Arizona team around?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's awful and pretty much has been.

I’ve never understood the obsession with kissing that guys ass.

I liked some of his early moves, like stealing Hjalmarsson from Chicago and stealing Crouse from Arizona (which hasn't panned out yet). I also liked the move for Raanta. The Galchenyuk for Domi trade isn't look good so far though. They just badly need more high-end talent down there. Hughes could change everything.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
He's awful and pretty much has been.

I’ve never understood the obsession with kissing that guys ass.
He’s young and was a stat whiz. Everyone is looking for people to revolutionize the sport. You had the same nonsense around Chip Kelly when he first came to the Eagles and Gabe Kapler up until August. Not surprisingly there isn’t some hidden path to victory where the rest of the league was too Neanderthal to figure out.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
From ASF’s piece today. Quotes from former Flyers goaltending coach Jeff Reese

The kid looks really good,” he said. “His positioning and quickness is good for sure, but the thing that impresses me the most is his poise. He’s not rattled. That’s impressive for a 20-year-old kid.”
This was unsolicited mind you. It’s the kind of thing that indicates there is a buzz going on around the league about Hart and the way he’s looked so far.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The way we are playing we probably will get Hughes. If we do... do u trade someone? Or move frost to wing?

I would trade JVR, move Frost to wing.
Then sign Stone

Giroux—Hughes—Konecny
Frost—Couturier—Stone
Lindblom—Patrick—Voracek
Laughton—Vorobyev—Aubé Kubel

Provorov—Myers
Sanheim—Gostisbehere
Morin—Gudas

This would be a very young team. With a lot of room to grow. This would also mean Voracek would be expendable going forward. Maybe Lindblom too. As we have Farabee, Obrein, Allison, waiting to come up.

That third line is just going to keep passing it until Voracek turns it over or Patrick misses the net. I’d trade jake and maybe a dman for a top pair dman and then sign Panarin as well. I’m good with G being the only old guy on the team.

I also think Hughes is very plausible. Just get into the top 5 and you have a decent shot. This team shouldn’t have a shot at him. That shot alone is good with me. Even without Hughes we have so many good parts with a trade or two and a signing or two.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
The Leafs are going for it all this year and with Simmonds and/or Gudas their chances of winning it all would be even better. Fletcher should be able to get good value from those two for sure if he trades with the Leafs.

Reactions: TheKingPin

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
He’s young and was a stat whiz. Everyone is looking for people to revolutionize the sport. You had the same nonsense around Chip Kelly when he first came to the Eagles and Gabe Kapler up until August. Not surprisingly there isn’t some hidden path to victory where the rest of the league was too Neanderthal to figure out.

In non-NHL leagues, sports do evolve and strategies become more optimized all the time. New market inefficiencies arise and you have to find ways of exploiting that. For instance, 40 years ago it would have been perfectly normal for a Hall of Fame coach like Don Shula to run a fullback power on 3rd-and-9.

Anyway, these strategy evolutions/revolutions occur because new guys come in, not from recycling old guys.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Leafs are going for it all this year and with Simmonds and/or Gudas their chances of winning it all would be even better. Fletcher should be able to get good value from those two for sure if he trades with the Leafs.

If we traded both of those players to them, the only thing that would interest me is Sandin+1st. I guess we could kick back a mid rounder or equivalent asset.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If we traded both of those players to them, the only thing that would interest me is Sandin+1st. I guess we could kick back a mid rounder or equivalent asset.

I wouldn't move Gudas without getting an NHL-ready player back. I think value-wise your deal is fine but that just opens the door to AMac playing 80 games next year.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wouldn't move Gudas without getting an NHL-ready player back. I think value-wise your deal is fine but that just opens the door to AMac playing 80 games next year.

I'm as vocal a Gudas fan as it gets. It would have to be an overpayment. That's a pretty decent one. With term too, I'm not asking to move him like some are. Besides, he is playing great with Ghost, plays great with Sanheim......an actually good veteran who can play in the top 4 with our top young kids isn't something to pawn off.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Although everyone wants Misha, but not 4th line. I want” where’s the beef line” of Big T/Ghoul and NAK with Bunny playing center. I love that line when Huffman puts it on the ice up here in LV. Like 3 bowling balls heading down the ice. With potentially 2 more following in Myers and Morin. Fun and interesting. Strike!

macleish1974

Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I'm as vocal a Gudas fan as it gets. It would have to be an overpayment. That's a pretty decent one. With term too, I'm not asking to move him like some are. Besides, he is playing great with Ghost, plays great with Sanheim......an actually good veteran who can play in the top 4 with our top young kids isn't something to pawn off.
I would not trade Gudas for anything less than a first and a second if draft picks. Or Kapanen and a draft pick. Once idiot was fired and Wilson came on, I think Gudas has stepped up his game. He seems to have this calming affect.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Once idiot was fired and Wilson came on, I think Gudas has stepped up his game. He seems to have this calming affect.

Jeff Hunkydory used a very successful Radko as a 3rd pairing defenseman, along with Travo, in favor of options like Folin, MacDonald, Hagg. It was ridiculous based on past and present. Now, Travo and Radko are in the top 4, split from one another and doing well. Imagine that.

macleish1974

Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Zajac, Zacha, Seney -- absolutely terrible. Plenty of other piles of dreck too. For example:

Arizona --r Richardson, Cousins, Dauphin/Kempe

Hey Jo, I wanted to draft Dauphin. I thought he was going to be steal whoever drafted him. Do you know why he sank to the bottom?

2C13B937-55D2-4C87-94A4-F3F6892A7101.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The rumor is that the Flyers are looking for a veteran RHD. Well, they have one here in Gudas. As you say, he has played well with various partners. Why trade him? Unless the return is a great overpay. As for DCs is the return, forget it. The Flyers have DCs and prospects already and more on the way with their own DCs. What the team needs is better players here now.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

Arizona -- Richardson, Cousins, Dauphin/Kempe

yeah sure but they're all NHL players pretty much.

I like Vorobyev almost as much as the next guy, but slotting him in at 3C for the rest of the year seems ridiculous unless you just want to tank. I'd take Cousins over him at this point easily.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would not trade Gudas for anything less than a first and a second if draft picks. Or Kapanen and a draft pick. Once idiot was fired and Wilson came on, I think Gudas has stepped up his game. He seems to have this calming affect.

Kapanen on his own is worth more than Gudas.

I don't think people realize how good he's been this season.

His value is approaching that of Konecnys.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Toronto doesn't have a lot we'd want, Kapanen, Sandin, Liljegren if healthy, but the later two aren't really what we need with Sanheim, Myers already slotted into spots by the end of this year, and Morin coming back in March. Kapanen is probably too much for a Simmonds rental, but maybe throw in NAK or one of the college RWs. Remember, Kapanen was the centerpiece of the Kessel trade, so he won't come cheap, especially when he's on close to a 30 goal pace at 22 years old. They might do it simply b/c they will struggle to sign him and might want to start adding cheap, young depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad