2018-19 Roster Talk: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Didn't Stamkos actually make it to July 1st before re-signing with Tampa?
I don't perceive them in same tier though. One needs MSL and Kucherov to perform other one turns moulsons, okposos and players of their ilk into very rich people. Kinda like Toews and Kopitar, similar reputation however I'll chose kopitar 10 out of 10 times.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Aside from tavares who do you guys see as an upgrade over flip? I see statsny and bozak and thats pretty much it. So when i hear flip May be back im kinda okay if that means we struck out on options a and b. I'd definitely want to upgrade but with such a limited crop of free agents i don't know that we do.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Its quite simple really. Tavares makes this team an instant contender for the next 5 years.

Couturier
Tavares
Patrick
Vorobyov

Quite frankly thats disgusting. The trouble is, hes going to get 9.5 mil over 6 or 7 years from someone in the league. If you can get him. You do it. There arent many ppg centres knocking about in the NHL. You give this guy a konecny and a Voracek and hes gonna put up silly numbers.

Heck imagine Giroux feeding Tavares for the next 5 years.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Aside from tavares who do you guys see as an upgrade over flip? I see statsny and bozak and thats pretty much it. So when i hear flip May be back im kinda okay if that means we struck out on options a and b. I'd definitely want to upgrade but with such a limited crop of free agents i don't know that we do.

Filppula is possibly the worst free agent Center on the market.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Its quite simple really. Tavares makes this team an instant contender for the next 5 years.

Couturier
Tavares
Patrick
Vorobyov

Quite frankly thats disgusting. The trouble is, hes going to get 9.5 mil over 6 or 7 years from someone in the league. If you can get him. You do it. There arent many ppg centres knocking about in the NHL. You give this guy a konecny and a Voracek and hes gonna put up silly numbers.

Heck imagine Giroux feeding Tavares for the next 5 years.

Hes getting over 10 for 7 years for sure

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'd rather overpay for Tavares than Stastny or Bozak. The latter two would be half-measures who are going to get too much term and $$$ on the open market than their ages and skill levels are worth.

Reactions: hatcher

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'd rather overpay for Tavares than Stastny or Bozak. The latter two would be half-measures who are going to get too much term and $$$ on the open market than their ages and skill levels are worth.

Yes, go large. And if it comes to it, I am pretty sure that Tavares will retain a lot of value unless something goes very wrong. So if Frost and Vorobyov are knocking down the door on a few years, move him on with thanks.

Reactions: NicolasAubeKubel

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Hes getting over 10 for 7 years for sure

I mean, I'd maybe consider giving him $9.5m or $10m for maybe 6 under the right conditions. We'll be looking at a $90 million cap in 5 years or less, it'll be $80m next season and we're in great shape for some time given the blend of long-term, bridge, and entry level deals we'll have.

Reactions: hatcher

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Flyers scored 109 goals away from Giroux. I don't get the negativity either when talking about depth players. As if it's their fault Mason can't stop the puck.

Depth players who do their jobs are fine, but the Flyers' depth was woefully incapable of doing their jobs this past season.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
I just don’t see any appeal in signing another stop gap veteran center. I’d rather see Vorobyev or Frost or even Vecchione.

Go big or go home. We have everything to sell Tavares on. Hell, he can come here and just focus on being a scoring winger and play with Couturier, that’s gotta be appealing. Show him our prospect pool on the way. Show him what Hextall did for LA. Show him the highlight reel of Provorov shutting down Mackinnon in open ice with backwards crossovers, that should do the trick honestly. Show him Vorobyev’s goal celebrations lmaoo.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you could sign JT for 6 years, $57M, no brainer.
But he'll cost 7 years, $77-84M ($11-12M).

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
If you could sign JT for 6 years, $57M, no brainer.
But he'll cost 7 years, $77-84M ($11-12M).

Your first set of numbers is what I would hope that Hextall puts in front of Tavares, and sell it in the context of Tavares – Couturier – Patrick – best of the remaining young C's on a playoffs-and-getting-better team for the next several years. Get paid + win. Not get paid more + put a whole franchise in your shoulders and carry them out of mediocrity.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Here's one of my half- (if that) baked trade ideas: Jeff Petry for German Fortnite and the Flyers' 1st. Petry would be a fine partner for Sanheim for the next 3 years at a not-unreasonable $5.5 million.

Then MacDonald with retention to anyone for anything, or even Gudas for a decent return.

Provorov – Gostisbehere
Sanheim – Petry
MacDonald – Myers
Hagg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Here's one of my half- (if that) baked trade ideas: Jeff Petry for German Fortnite and the Flyers' 1st. Petry would be a fine partner for Sanheim for the next 3 years at a not-unreasonable $5.5 million.

Then MacDonald with retention to anyone for anything, or even Gudas for a decent return.

Provorov – Gostisbehere
Sanheim – Petry
MacDonald – Myers
Hagg

Too much for Petry IMO. He reminds me a lot of Coburn. Not really one aspect he excels at. His offense this past season was way out of line with his career. Id like to add him at a lower price though of course.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad