2018-19 Roster Speculation: Tis the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
I understand people wanting Dahlin on the first pp, but putting Risto and Okposo in the same category is so false. Risto has for many seasons been efficient on the powerplay and has a creative spark. Okposo has been divested of almost all offensive ability and is incapable of protecting the puck and loses every puck battle.
I agreed with you. Risto is a proven PP guy.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Okposo is such a terrible hockey player. I’ve never seen someone turn the puck over so much and constantly get rewarded. He’s a third line player who should never see the top unit these days.
He's lost a mental step. His decision-making is bad. He needs some adderall.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I don't mind Okposo on PP1. But I don't want him on the wall getting lots of touches.
The only two natural RW's on the team are Okposo and Pominville, it's not really a mystery why he's on the right side of PP1 with Sam taking the middle of the ice.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Small sample size but I do chuckle at people trying to change personnel on a PP that's been effective.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Let’s say that mittelstadt isn’t ready to play 2C next season. Who are some reasonable targets to fill that hole? For fa, pavelski seems old, but probably the best of that bunch. A trade could be interesting, since we have 3 1sts.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Let’s say that mittelstadt isn’t ready to play 2C next season. Who are some reasonable targets to fill that hole? For fa, pavelski seems old, but probably the best of that bunch. A trade could be interesting, since we have 3 1sts.
I don't want anything to do with trading any of those firsts, unless the deal is unbelieveable...huge ridiculous overpayment for a pick. Which won't happen, so see statement A.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I understand people wanting Dahlin on the first pp, but putting Risto and Okposo in the same category is so false. Risto has for many seasons been efficient on the powerplay and has a creative spark. Okposo has been divested of almost all offensive ability and is incapable of protecting the puck and loses every puck battle.

Most of the time he loses the puck without a battle :laugh:

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Why the heck would anyone possibly say that at this point?

Strange

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
On a related note, Phil just took someone off PP1. The bad news: it's Sheary, not Okposo. Come on, Phil.

Yeah I saw that.

I don’t feel too strongly either way about Sheary being on PP1. But I was hoping it would have been Mitts in for Okposo if there was a change.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Yeah I saw that.

I don’t feel too strongly either way about Sheary being on PP1. But I was hoping it would have been Mitts in for Okposo if there was a change.
Phil's a dork for handedness, which is why I think KO has stuck so firmly on that right side. They pretty clearly want more playmaking from O'Reilly's old role and value Reinhart's net-front production.

Given the need to get Mittelstadt more involved, and the fact that it's probably not coming at ES unless he takes Okposo's RW spot, this is totally fine.

Reactions: Gabrielor

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Okposos scored that one goal on the PP from that position in preseason and now he'll be entrenched for 20 games. I guarantee the only points he will see will be suckling the teat of the #1 unit. They need to justify his 'A' and $6/mil a season somehow.

Reactions: nickdawg95

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Matty Duchene!!

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Phil's a dork for handedness, which is why I think KO has stuck so firmly on that right side. They pretty clearly want more playmaking from O'Reilly's old role and value Reinhart's net-front production.

Given the need to get Mittelstadt more involved, and the fact that it's probably not coming at ES unless he takes Okposo's RW spot, this is totally fine.
Who's running the PP though? Is it Payne?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Dork for Handedness is my death metal band name

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
But it's better to have a left handed shot there. When we had the best PP in the league it was ROR on the right wall.
I would cut off my fingers to get a wicked one-timer in that spot. It's why I hope they do good work with Olofsson

Of course, ROR was brilliant there too

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I hate that Okposo is on pp1 and I think that he is the weak link at the half wall, but I will say that his move when he fakes the shot and then throws a backhand pass to Risto is pretty effective. Reference Jack's pp goal against Vegas to see what I'm referring to.

Also Sam Reinhart's hand-eye coordination is insanely good. Like possibly best in the league. He knocks down every puck that is in the air and it's really impressive to see. I think the Sabres should utilize that by running some set plays on the powerplay where Sam is next to the net waiting to tip in a pass from Jack or Mitts like how Crosby does all of the time.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad