Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I would not be opposed to seeing Gambrell over Melker on the 4th line. Seems like getting sent down did him some good (if only for 2 games). He has 5 points in 2 games for the Cuda.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I would not be opposed to seeing Gambrell over Melker on the 4th line. Seems like getting sent down did him some good (if only for 2 games). He has 5 points in 2 games for the Cuda.
lol, you think melker is getting benched. The man who looks like hes skating fast and doing things but possession and offense completely dies on his stick!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Chartier to AHL. Gambrell called up.

(And "officially" Sandberg recalled so NHL contract could be terminated)

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Chartier wouldn't have been sent down if he changed his name to Karlsson. Then if he had a bad couple weeks he might get put up on a higher line to try and kickstart him. :sarcasm:

Not sure why you are using the sarcasm smiley there. :D

Also, what is up with Simek? He has not played a single game this year. In the AHL or NHL. Is this something to do with his contract type? Similar situation with Heed with the exception that he has played 1 game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also:

20160604__purdy-06041.jpg

"Pete, I've made some moves to reinforce the roster. So Chartier is down and tomorrow you'll be getting Dylan..."

peter-deboer-susan-deboer-7.jpg

20160604__purdy-06041.jpg

"...Gambrell."

umad.gif

12.21_doug_wilson_650MP4_640x360_2179299114_crop_north.jpg

"What was that?"

145497287jh008-los-angeles.jpg

"Oh. I said if you see Heed, tell him I expect him on the ice first thing in the morning for a bag skate."

Reactions: one2gamble

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't know if Gambrell's play has warranted a call up but i guess we're hurting for depth centers. Maybe Letunov deserves a chance.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Not sure why you are using the sarcasm smiley there. :D

Also, what is up with Simek? He has not played a single game this year. In the AHL or NHL. Is this something to do with his contract type? Similar situation with Heed with the exception that he has played 1 game.

Pretty sure that both Simek and Heed are no longer waiver exempt. So either he sits in the Sharks pressbox until he's needed, or they have to waive him and risk that some other team pounces.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Personally I think it’s difficult for offensive players like Gambrell or Letunov to succeed playing fourth line minutes with guys like Melker and Goodrow. I’d like to see a player like A. True get called up to fill that role for a few games until Hertl is back. Big 6’5 C that won’t get pushed off the puck so easily and fits in to our cycle game much better.

Reactions: Jaleel619

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Personally I think it’s difficult for offensive players like Gambrell or Letunov to succeed playing fourth line minutes with guys like Melker and Goodrow. I’d like to see a player like A. True get called up to fill that role for a few games until Hertl is back. Big 6’5 C that won’t get pushed off the puck so easily and fits in to our cycle game much better.
I use him as a center on my nhl 19 ea HUT team, his size comes in handy, I also think we should lean towards a big center for the 4th line. As its becoming a trend if teams can't get anything going they'll try to get physical with us, while we're doing fine answering the bell with Dillon Kane and Goodrow, I'd like to see True out there and see what he's made of.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Rather than bring up True to complement Goodrow and Melker, I’d prefer to bring up Letunov AND Gambrell to complement each other.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That's too bad. I was rooting for Chartier but he was pretty quiet for at least 2 weeks. Still when you have coaches that halt development as much as Deboer does, that's disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad