Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Lol, Deboer put Melker up with Pavs and Meier in practice today.

giphy (19).gif

Reactions: slocal

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I haven't ever seen Gambrell play but his college stats are great. Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity.

Does he have top line upside?

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I haven't ever seen Gambrell play but his college stats are great. Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity.

Hes only played a few games with the big boys and he really hasnt done much. I mean thats judging him off 3 games.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

More like 2nd/3rd line C. He has to find him game, he has been extremely passive in all of his NHL regular and preseason games thus far.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I'm hoping it's because of the 5 game roadie and they don't want him being hurt early in the season. I truly hope its just precautionary.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
They did say there was swelling after game 1 and he looked way better in game 2. So hopefully its just to take it easy and smart. Like he could play if it was the playoffs.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I doubt it.

Just from what I've seen and read his probable place is a 3C with 2nd line fwd upside if everything breaks right

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Seems just precautionary and I hope its nothing too serious. Though I am definitely interested in seeing what kind of lines are being thrown in Jumbo's absence. If it really is Meier-Pavs-Karlsson I hope they get played more like the 3rd line and we play Kane-Shovels-Donkey as the 2nd line.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I wouldn't freak out just yet. I've had swelling in my bad knee after my hockey games for over 20 years after my major injury and have just treated with ice and ibuprofen. His issue could simply be scar tissue. After one of my procedures my knee had a bunch of scar tissue that had to be removed in another minor procedure a few months after I finished my rehab. I was back playing in games 2 weeks after that 2nd minor procedure.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No cap savings while he's on IR.

Has to be on LTIR and miss 10+ games for the team to be able to get cap relief, IOW, allowed to exceed cap by amount of contract on LTIR.

There is NO CAP SAVINGS with player(s) on IR/LTIR.

In fact, either eats up cap space that could be used at the deadline.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I was a bit choked up to be honest. I'm not sure how the sharks move forward. Not from a talent perspective but from a personality and love of the game/team
Even after he retires I’m sure they’ll hire him as a mascot or something to keep his attitude around

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Let's also consider that this road tip has 3 weak teams (Rangers, Islanders, Devils) out of 4 games. and then the next game is the 18th against Buffalo at home. No point in risking injury in the first full week of the season against weaker teams.

Reactions: slocal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad