Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I agree that Karlsson is definitly the top priority by about a mile.

I think that 3-3.5 is a little optimistic. I suspect, 4-4.5 is probably more in line with what they will get. And I honestly think both are going to improve with Meier possibly becoming a 30 goal scorer. Labanc I honestly don't know how much h he is going to improve.

Losing Pavs will hurt. Alot. But he isn't going to be in our long term plans since we won't be rebuilding any time soon.

This is assuming their improvement isn’t more than marginal and it’s based on a good chunk of contracts signed by comparable players.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Was surprised Toronto waived McGoalie. I think I would have kept him if I was Toronto.

Yeah, I don't know why they decided to keep Garrett Sparks. Sparks was terrible this preseason. Both Pickard and McElhinney at least had a good outing. I suppose it's LTIR maneuvering but I'm not sure.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bibeau's not going anywhere. There are so many goalies on the waiver wire that it shows there simply aren't the places for any of them around the league.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think so too, but Dell is still under contract for next year. If Dell and Bibeau have solid 2018-19 seasons, maybe they could trade him (Dell) in the 2019 offseason to save a little bit of cap.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I'm earmarking Karlsson to get 12 mil here so saving 1.3 mil on the backup at least until Martin's buyout money comes off the books is probably a good thing without losing much in terms of value to the team.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Bibeau cleared. Whew! (Mostly from a Barracuda perspective). Figured Carolina would claim a goalie and they got McElhinney. Flyers claimed Pickard.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Radil, Gambrell, and Bibeau have been sent down.
So for opening night, we are probably looking at:
Meier-Thornton-Pavelski
Couture-Hertl-Labanc
Kane-Suomela-Donskoi
Karlsson-Goodrow-Sorenson
Chartier

Vlasic-Karlsson
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Braun
Simek, Heed

Jones
Dell