Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
As far as lines, I think you keep the Couture line and Shovels line together. Since Pete loves Melker, it will probably be him moving up.

48-39-62
9-40-27
28-8-68
23-60-20

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I wanted to see Chartier out there but not like this. Hope Joe’s knee(s) don’t derail his season

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
As far as lines, I think you keep the Couture line and Shovels line together. Since Pete loves Melker, it will probably be him moving up.

48-39-62
9-40-27
28-8-68
23-60-20

That looks right except I think he’ll bump Sorenesen up after putting him with the Joes last game

Reactions: anthonyyy

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Hopefully this is just them making Jumbo take it easy while saving some cap space? If not, super sad for Jumbo here.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Okay, so...

Hertl-Couture-LaBanc
Kane-Suomela-Donskoi
Meier-Chartier or Gambrell-Pavelski
Sorensen-Goodrow-Karlsson

Right?

Ive been into Sorensen's game so maybe try him with Pavelski and Timo?

Hertl-Couture-LaBanc
Kane-Suomela-Donskoi
Meier-Pavelski-Sorensen
Goodrow-Gambrell-Karlsson

Reactions: LA Shark

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I pray that they are using ir this season with jumbo to help manage his games played so he’ll be fresh and still have 100% in the playoffs.

That’s what I was thinking, but I would think he’d travel with the team if that was the case. It also doesn’t seem like something Jumbo would go along with very well.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Well, I'd guess this officially makes this his last year if he can't play two games.. they better close the deal

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Oh nooooo. Hope it’s not the knee..

I’d go:

Kane - Pavs - Donskoi
Hertl - Couture - Labanc
Meier - Shovels - Sorenson
Karlsson - Chartier - Goodrow

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Man that’s tough. I can’t even imagine what Jumbo is going through. All the best big man, on or off ice you are a San Jose Legend.

Reactions: ChompChomp

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Not a good sign it only took two games for an issue to pop up with his knees. Here’s hoping that it truly is only swelling.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Hopefully this is just them making Jumbo take it easy while saving some cap space? If not, super sad for Jumbo here.

No cap savings while he's on IR.

Has to be on LTIR and miss 10+ games for the team to be able to get cap relief, IOW, allowed to exceed cap by amount of contract on LTIR.

There is NO CAP SAVINGS with player(s) on IR/LTIR.

Reactions: Friday

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Hopefully not something that lingers all year, but i'm glad the team is telling him to stay home rather than try to play through it.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Not a good sign it only took two games for an issue to pop up with his knees. Here’s hoping that it truly is only swelling.

I did a little bit of Googling on the subject, and it sounds like post-exercise swelling can be pretty common after this kind of surgery. There’s a number of things they can try, although a definitive treatment may require another surgery. But there are a number of things they can do in the meantime. Depending on how bad the swelling was, and any pain, etc, something like a compression sleeve with liberal application of ice may be all that is indicated. Or, they may have left a piece of cartilage unattached and have to do another surgery. Time will tell. But I wouldn’t rule him out for any significant time just yet.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Lol, Deboer put Melker up with Pavs and Meier in practice today.

Their probably shopping him and Gambrell to East Coast teams.

DW: We’ll trade you Karlsson for Panarin, straight up hockey trade.
CBJ: Done!
DW: Ohh your gonna love him. He’s such a versatile forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->