Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I would hope Heed or Ryan are both ahead of him in the line up. That would mean that Simek, Vlasic and Braun are all out. Ugh.

Burns - Ryan
Karlsson - Middleton
Dillion - Heed

That’s a rough group against this year’s Tampa Bay team.

I think Vlasic will play. Don't think after what happened they really wanna go into a game with no spare defenseman.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
How do folks who watch the Barracuda feel about Middleton, Roy and Desimmone's nhl chances. Could any become #5/6 guy. Assuming we keep Karlsson, Vlasic, Burns Simek and, either Dillon/Braun, there are two spots left. I expect Heed to move on, but that would leave a spot for Ryan and either of those two, Merkerly or an EU FA.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Even if he is better than one of Heed/Ryan/Simek, I presume he will go back down as guys get healthy just due to waiver status.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FWIW, Braun on IR (eligible to be activated after 1/10 game). Vlasic and Simek out.

Middleton making NHL debut. See GDT for pairs.

Last edited:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Just trying to be fair and objective, but the Shark's defensive success without Vlasic can mostly be attributed to Jones playing very well. I am still seeing a lot of breakdowns and missed assignments, but Jones is doing his job and then some.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Just trying to be fair and objective, but the Shark's defensive success without Vlasic can mostly be attributed to Jones playing very well. I am still seeing a lot of breakdowns and missed assignments, but Jones is doing his job and then some.

I don’t agree at all.

How many clear cut breakaways and 2-on-1s has Jones faced in the 5 games that he has started without Vlasic? I can’t even remember one. I’m sure he’s faced a few, but he is seeing far less of them than he was.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

The official announcement. Hopefully EK65 won't rush back either.

Recalling Jake makes it sound like Erik is not that ready to play.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
They are just now placing him on IR? So they shut him down until after the break.
It starts from the date of the injury. So while he likely won't play anymore, he already served his required 1-week period.
Putting him on IR now was likely just for the extra roster spot to call up Middleton, with Karlsson being DTD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad