Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
What is the deadline to get the rosters down to the regular season level? There is also a game tonight so it's a final shot for guys like Chartier to get a spot.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Eklund talking about Danskoi. 99.9% chance it's BS but checking to see if you guys thought he's someone that could be moved?

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
What are the chances we can keep Donskoi? Assing we resign Karlsson of course. Donskoi has to fall beneath labanc, meier, Ryan and perhaps even shovels depending on how well he does. Perhaps it would be best to trade him and get something for him at some point this year.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
We're all in this year. We're not trading Donskoi just cause we don't plan on resigning him. If he's traded, NHL ready talent would have to come back. Id be surprised if there was any truth to these rumors.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Teams must submit season opening roster (and be cap compliant) noon PT the day before season opening. (Exceptions - teams traveling overseas)

So 10/2.

Expect big list of cuts today/tonight and long waiver list tomorrow.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I threw an idea in one of the trade threads on the main forum as a joke, but the more I've thought about it, the less I hate it. What would you guys think about a Braun for Marleau (w/ retention to make the cap hits match) swap? We either need a LW for the Joes or a #3C, yes? Well, Marleau's technically a C, and we have a certain amount of evidence that Marleau can play well with Thornton, yes? lol.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What are the chances we can keep Donskoi? Assing we resign Karlsson of course. Donskoi has to fall beneath labanc, meier, Ryan and perhaps even shovels depending on how well he does. Perhaps it would be best to trade him and get something for him at some point this year.

I think the team inevitably makes a choice between Pavelski and Donskoi if Karlsson is re-signed.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I threw an idea in one of the trade threads on the main forum as a joke, but the more I've thought about it, the less I hate it. What would you guys think about a Braun for Marleau (w/ retention to make the cap hits match) swap? We either need a LW for the Joes or a #3C, yes? Well, Marleau's technically a C, and we have a certain amount of evidence that Marleau can play well with Thornton, yes? lol.

Nope he made his bed, he now needs to sleep in it.

Reactions: Phu

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Nope he made his bed, he now needs to sleep in it.
I would never fault a player at the end of his career taking a massive overpayment contract like he did. I'd be fine if they traded with retention. Nothing would be more poetic from a Shark fan perspective than for him to come back and win a cup this season.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
We're all in this year. We're not trading Donskoi just cause we don't plan on resigning him. If he's traded, NHL ready talent would have to come back. Id be surprised if there was any truth to these rumors.

Do they have a forward we would want?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I would have to say we resign Donskoi, especially if he shows great chemistry with shovels.

Keeping the 3rd line together would certainly be important. But when you consider that we would lose Pavelski, and Thornton would be 40 and likely all but done, you have to consider that we’re pretty much losing the Joes, and therefore one of our top-2 lines in that scenario.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Keeping the 3rd line together would certainly be important. But when you consider that we would lose Pavelski, and Thornton would be 40 and likely all but done, you have to consider that we’re pretty much losing the Joes, and therefore one of our top-2 lines in that scenario.
It's inevitable. Signing Meier and lebanc in addition to EK will force us to make choices. I would rather not be stuck with a bad contract for a declining pavelski. We have to ice a team after all.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It's inevitable. Signing Meier and lebanc in addition to EK will force us to make choices. I would rather not be stuck with a bad contract for a declining pavelski. We have to ice a team after all.

For me, there are just too many variables to be sure right now; it really depends on how everybody performs. Pavelski was, in my opinion, our MVP last year. I think losing him would hurt more than some of us realize.

BTW, calculations showed that if LaBanc/Meier don’t seriously break out, they will be due for roughly $3-$3.5M on bridge contracts.

Erik Karlsson is obviously the top priority.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
For me, there are just too many variables to be sure right now; it really depends on how everybody performs. Pavelski was, in my opinion, our MVP last year. I think losing him would hurt more than some of us realize.

BTW, calculations showed that if LaBanc/Meier don’t seriously break out, they will be due for roughly $3-$3.5M on bridge contracts.

Erik Karlsson is obviously the top priority.
I agree that Karlsson is definitly the top priority by about a mile.

I think that 3-3.5 is a little optimistic. I suspect, 4-4.5 is probably more in line with what they will get. And I honestly think both are going to improve with Meier possibly becoming a 30 goal scorer. Labanc I honestly don't know how much h he is going to improve.

Losing Pavs will hurt. Alot. But he isn't going to be in our long term plans since we won't be rebuilding any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->