Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
5 games in and we have a losing record. I'd say tank for a pick, but we dont have 1!

yVQHFkI.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Something going through a lot of peoples minds I think. I just do not see this happening but would love to see Jumbo play with Sorenson and Goodrow on the 4th line.

I agree. I don’t know how you convince Jumbo it’s a legit line, but is gotta start with Sorensen being a rich man’s Ekman and Goodrow a very poor man’s Cheechoo. Both of those players (Sorensen and Goodrow) can bring speed and aggressive forechecking (F1) and Thornton can be F2. If any player can turn one of those guys into a great F3 it’s Jumbo.

Reactions: teddygmr

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
5 games in and we have a losing record. I'd say tank for a pick, but we dont have 1!

yVQHFkI.gif

We don't have a losing record though. Also, no to moving Martin Jones. We've seen what has happened to Dell with extended bouts as a starter and it isn't pretty. Plus, he's got a three team list. We wouldn't get much for him in such a scenario.

Reactions: Gecklund

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Who do you have as Suomela’s winger? Karlsson?

In the example I used, we end up having 3A, 3B lines.

?-Jumbo-?
Donskoi-Suomela-?

We can pick from Sorenson, Goodrow, Chartier, Karlsson from our active roster than can be used in those 3 spots. We also have Praplan and Gambrell who have made a decent case of getting a chance over Melker.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
In the example I used, we end up having 3A, 3B lines.

?-Jumbo-?
Donskoi-Suomela-?

We can pick from Sorenson, Goodrow, Chartier, Karlsson from our active roster than can be used in those 3 spots. We also have Praplan and Gambrell who have made a decent case of getting a chance over Melker.
So the lines would be something like:

Kane-Pavelski-Labanc
Meier-Hertl-Couture
Sorenson-Thornton-Goodrow
Donskoi-Suomela-Chartier

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
We don't have a losing record though. Also, no to moving Martin Jones. We've seen what has happened to Dell with extended bouts as a starter and it isn't pretty. Plus, he's got a three team list. We wouldn't get much for him in such a scenario.
I am over exaggerating for the sake of humor. I'd call an OTL and L though.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
You probably water down all of the lines too much, but wouldn't mind seeing Thornton-Couture paired for a bit, just don't have a real finisher to put on the Timo-Hertl line

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I don't think thornton would care if hes willing to sign for $1M don't you think he'd do anything to improve the team, PDBs been talking the good talk for 3 years now, we're a sum of our parts and we need everybody. That's why hes still here. My theory is by the time our game is in place one of the big guys Hertl, Thornton, or Pavs will be playing 3C, and Sumo is ideal at 4C if we're talking about a deep team trying to beat other playoff teams.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
I actually think Thornton would work well with Hertl and Couture.

Kane - Pavs - Lebanc
Hertl - Thornton - Couture
Meier - Shovels - Donskoi
Sorensen - Chartier - Goodrow

I really like this lineup. The Joes need to be split up to start and put together during the game when it makes sense.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Oh man, this seems to happen so much with fighters. I guess repeated blows to the head are not a good idea

For one you have to be a pretty big mental case to begin with to get into a profession where your one and only job is to take and give out punches.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
I actually think Thornton would work well with Hertl and Couture.

Kane - Pavs - Lebanc
Hertl - Thornton - Couture
Meier - Shovels - Donskoi
Sorensen - Chartier - Goodrow

JT has had 3 knee injuries, if his infection is to the bone and ligaments then he is done. It takes more than a year to heal that's why it keeps re occuring.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
JT has had 3 knee injuries, if his infection is to the bone and ligaments then he is done. It takes more than a year to heal that's why it keeps re occuring.

He's had two knee injuries and it's one to each knee. Let's not slant things to make a point. His infection is not seen to be serious so I doubt it's as dire as you say.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
He's had two knee injuries and it's one to each knee. Let's not slant things to make a point. His infection is not seen to be serious so I doubt it's as dire as you say.

He also played through the swelling so it seems like its mostly playing it safe. If this was the playoffs he wouldn't be missing any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad