Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'd keep Kuemper given Raanta is apparently more fragile than a grandmother.

Kuemper has managed to be better than the average in Sv% and GAA playing a load he was completely unexpected to.

If Raanta has issues again next year Kuemper seems to be able to handle it. We've dropped a bit in the rankings but the team is still a very respectable 11th best in goals against.

As usual our problem is up front :laugh:. If Kuemper has to be our starter he'll be good enough based on what we have seen.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One other thing I've noticed in terms of where are scouts are is we're watching Florida a lot.

I don't really see a fit there tbh.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If STL and MIN extend their lead on us in the standings then...

Stepan, Panik and Kuemper for
Wennberg and CBJ 1st 2019

CBJ get an upgrade at C and a couple NHL players to show up in the playoffs after Panarin and Bobrovski are traded. AZ gets the pick and the younger C.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
No Wennberg please...they need a goal scorer. Keller, Schmaltz, Stepan all already pass first guys. They need to add a reliable 20+ goal scorer to put them over the top for next year and going forward. Stone, Kreider, or Schenn. Tarasenko would be amazing but I don’t think that’s realistic to expect. I’m about out of patience with Fischer and if Garland keeps up his play there really isn’t room for Merkley... I would package the two of them and a pick and see what that gets you.
There are a number of goal scorers in the UFA market we can target, as well as RFAs we can trade for.

I'm actually warming up to getting Dzingel.

Dzingel - Schmaltz - Keller
Nyquist - Wennberg - Silfverberg (Swede line)
Galchenyuk - Dvorak - Fisher
Grabner - Richardson - Garland
Cousins

Flip Hinostoza, Stepan, and Crouse for picks/prospects.

OEL - Hjalmersson
Chychrun - Demers
POJ/3LD - Lyubushkin
Capobianco

Flip Connauton and Goose for picks/prospects.

This is all a pipe dream but that has to be a contending roster with good age across the board. That Swede line could be legit too. Good blend of power and skill.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
The real question is; do we even have the money to get a top ufa?
Our organisation is clammy.
We are not that fluid you know. Can we even pay those guys like Panarin or others the money they want?

If we want some guys we have to be like swabian housewifes and know how to work with our money.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Big fan of Dzingel but I think the ask is going to be way above his true value.

Crouse imo is worth way more to us than a pick or prospect. I love his development this season. He's truly unique on this team. To me he's totally untouchable unless someone offers something they shouldn't.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Huberdeau would be amazing, potential ppg and 25 goal scorer. Problem is that it would cost far too much

Florida's defensive pipeline is a little thin. Chychrun has ties to Florida. Could be an interesting trade but not one I'm sure I would do now that it will be impossible to evaluate Capo until next season. Also don't like the idea of constantly churning through our younger players.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Never a fan of players who - a bit out of nowhere- have their best year in their contract year. So count me out on Dzingel.

To me only Keller and OEL are untouchable. Everyone else could be moved, of course if this means getting a real cornerstone back.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Mostly beat reporters tweeting out a list. We'll see more of it as it ramps up toward the deadline. Even better when they tweet out the media sheet of the press box seating as it indicates what teams/people are there.

Reactions: RABBIT

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Big fan of Dzingel but I think the ask is going to be way above his true value.

Crouse imo is worth way more to us than a pick or prospect. I love his development this season. He's truly unique on this team. To me he's totally untouchable unless someone offers something they shouldn't.

Oh I love Crouse, he has been fantastic. Physical, great character, seems to bring it every night. Not looking to offload him but if we were too add 3 top 6 wingers we may need to find him a new home. If we were to say, not get Dzingel in that little thought pot, Crouse would be the first to come off the move list. I figured he would have more value than Fisher at this point, which is why he was the one I put on the move list.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Huberdeau would be amazing, potential ppg and 25 goal scorer. Problem is that it would cost far too much
It would cost Keller...not sure we want to do that.

What about Hoffman? One more remaining at $5.2M. Goal scoring machine, may be expendable if they acquire Panarin.

What's the cost? Stepan+?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It would cost Keller...not sure we want to do that.

What about Hoffman? One more remaining at $5.2M. Goal scoring machine, may be expendable if they acquire Panarin.

What's the cost? Stepan+?
For Hoffman? I’d offer a 3rd at best. He’s good but there’s plenty of drama there. especially given his relationship with Eric Karlsson and given how close Karlsson is with OEL and Hjalmarsson.

Unless he’s coming at a bargain basement discount price then we do not want in our dressing room.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
For Hoffman? I’d offer a 3rd at best. He’s good but there’s plenty of drama there. especially given his relationship with Eric Karlsson and given how close Karlsson is with OEL and Hjalmarsson.

Unless he’s coming at a bargain basement discount price then we do not want in our dressing room.
Drama aside (and time heals), if we can get Hoffman for one of our 3rds, Coyotes should jump at it...they'd likely need to send salary back.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Never a fan of players who - a bit out of nowhere- have their best year in their contract year. So count me out on Dzingel.

To me only Keller and OEL are untouchable. Everyone else could be moved, of course if this means getting a real cornerstone back.
Dzingel is a bit of late bloomer, 3 years in college followed by 2 in the AHL., but still only 26. First 3 NHL seasons he's gone 14-18-32, 23-18-41 and already at 21-20-41 this year. He could be 30 goal/60 point guy. Another Illinois kid....Chayka seems to like those.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The real question is; do we even have the money to get a top ufa?
Our organisation is clammy.
We are not that fluid you know. Can we even pay those guys like Panarin or others the money they want?

If we want some guys we have to be like swabian housewifes and know how to work with our money.
Do we want to pay up for an impact UFA? We have a hat trick with Smith/Ribs/Goose as our high price UFA's so far. It's easy to make a small mistake or even a big mistake in UFA land.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Kuemper has managed to be better than the average in Sv% and GAA playing a load he was completely unexpected to.

If Raanta has issues again next year Kuemper seems to be able to handle it. We've dropped a bit in the rankings but the team is still a very respectable 11th best in goals against.

As usual our problem is up front :laugh:. If Kuemper has to be our starter he'll be good enough based on what we have seen.
I was happy when we traded for Kuemper, then he proceeded to crap the bed last year and then on Team Canada or whatever tournament he was in. Thankfully, he shook that play, for now anyway.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Do we want to pay up for an impact UFA? We have a hat trick with Smith/Ribs/Goose as our high price UFA's so far. It's easy to make a small mistake or even a big mistake in UFA land.
I have no issues with the Smith and Goose signings.

I would absolutely want Chayka to offer Stone a big UFA deal (like OEL kind of money). He makes everyone on the ice better.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I was happy when we traded for Kuemper, then he proceeded to crap the bed last year and then on Team Canada or whatever tournament he was in. Thankfully, he shook that play, for now anyway.
I am starting to think goal tending performance is more a function of our team D then the goal tender. Last year, the beginning was a train wreck no matter who was in net. The D was much better late last year when they were healthy and Raanta had that run. This year our D has been better even though we have had injuries and the goal tending has been solid.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I have no issues with the Smith and Goose signings.

I would absolutely want Chayka to offer Stone a big UFA deal (like OEL kind of money). He makes everyone on the ice better.
I didn't have issue with any of the 3 signings when they signed either. Smith had a career year, then had 5 shutouts in the strike shortened year. We needed a top C when Ribs signed. Goose was a need upgrade on D at the time. With 5 mill+ UFA's, you wind up with less than you pay for (generally).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->