2018-19 Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Good for Couturier. If his playoff performance didn't earn a letter, I don't know what more one needs to do.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What did you guys think about them switching to:

Hagg-Gudas
Sanheim-MacDonald

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
What did you guys think about them switching to:

Hagg-Gudas
Sanheim-MacDonald
There were moments in the game that it actually worked, I mean, the score wasn't 13-2 at least.

f*** it, try whatever. On paper it shouldn't work, and in theory bumble bees shouldn't fly. Sanheim was the only player that made a pairing with AMac tolerable, since no one is advocating splitting up Provy - Ghost. Hagg - Gudas gives me bad sensations, but I think both of them are cognitive to stay in their lane.

Was very excited to see Sanheim on the PP. If he gets more "veteran tutelage" maybe he'll be allowed to play there more frequently. #Reasons

Reactions: Curufinwe

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Thought these were interesting... and it is about the regular season, albeit the last decade worth of them!

Should we sign UFA Upshall? :laugh:

Though seriously... looking at his 2007-11 stats from age 24-27 the guy was a freaking insane playdriver who potted ~40 points per 82 games to boot with like 14 minutes a night. Ofc he is not that player anymore.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Question - how does Gudas put up such good numbers but look so meh to the naked eye?

Reactions: dats81

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Credit another victim to Lappy’s PK.

3 GA Calvin Pickard. Welcome to the squad buddy!

Hakstol in his presser just now (paraphrased): "1st one was a bad turnover that needs to be cleaned up......*doesn't mention 2nd goal*......I didn't see the 3rd one. I wasn't watching."

So, really it's just 1 PK goal against. And it was all Sanheim's fault. Improvement.

2fqk50V.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hakstol in his presser just now (paraphrased): "1st one was a bad turnover that needs to be cleaned up......*doesn't mention 2nd goal*......I didn't see the 3rd one. I wasn't watching."

So, really it's just 1 PK goal against. And it was all Sanheim's fault. Improvement.

2fqk50V.gif

Strange for a guy who sees 50 times more than the spectators.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly

2fqk50V.gif

I just cannot exaggerate how much I hate this POS.

Edit to add: Any chance he’s just trolling us at this point?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Question - how does Gudas put up such good numbers but look so meh to the naked eye?

I think its partially due to corsi being a rather poor stat/metric to use. Quality of shot is indefinitely more important than the number of shots. Gudas has a very "hulk smash" mentality with the puck, which is just fire away. As a coach I'd let a guy take a low percentage shot and not give up the middle of the ice. Heck I'd even give him a couple of attempts over giving him the middle of the ice for a prime scoring chance.

I don't get the obsession by some with these metrics, hockey isn't like baseball. There aren't a lot of independent events.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad