NBA 2018-19 Regular Season Thread Part II

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Hearing the Brooklyn crowd (lots of Heat fans) chant "Paul Pierce sucks" in the 4th quarter tonight was great. :laugh:

Reactions: Terry Yake

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Rockets just dropped to the 4th seed after a hell of a rally by the Nuggets and Blazers comeback W too. Warriors-Rockets in the 2nd round is quite possible.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I was in the 3rd row at the Hawk's game. The Pacers had 1 second to run a scoring play and the Hawks fouled on a 3 try and lost. :rolleyes:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ralph lawler called his last regular season game for the clippers tonight and fittingly it was with his old broadcast partner bill walton

a true legend. pretty much the only cool thing about the clippers going back the last few decades

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Rockets just dropped to the 4th seed after a hell of a rally by the Nuggets and Blazers comeback W too. Warriors-Rockets in the 2nd round is quite possible.

That’s a tough break for Utah. I think they’d have beaten Portland. Not being Houston. OKC will probably beat Portland

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Thank you, Dwyane Wade

Great article on what kind of person/player D-Wade was. Such a humble guy who always took less to make sure his team could improve and someone who treated everyone from Riley to the arena janitors with the same respect. Reminds me of this commercial -

Dude went thru a lot in his personal life as well.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Some people think if LeBron played his whole career with a tough coach (similar to Coach K) who coached him harder, he could have been even greater.

I think teams are gonna start offering good young players (such as Siakam) a quarter billion for 10 years to avoid the salary cap situation teams such as the Rockets and Wizards are facing. Bad deal for the player? It's guaranteed even if you get a career ending injury the first season.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Hiring Lue would be a huge mistake by the Lakers. LeBron needs a coach who will challenge, push, and coach him hard.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hiring Lue would be a huge mistake by the Lakers. LeBron needs a coach who will challenge, push, and coach him hard.

completely disagree

since the lakers have lebron they might as well bring in a guy who knows how to coach him. lue has not only done that but won a title with him. i have no issues with hiring lue

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Do your opinions change on people once they are hired/signed by the Lakers?

i don't understand what you're trying to say

they haven't even hired lue yet. is he some amazing head coach? far from it. but he knows how to have success with lebron

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Duncan. They all won 5+ rings by being pushed by great coaches. Riley, Jackson, Pops. Nuff said.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Duncan. They all won 5+ rings by being pushed by great coaches. Riley, Jackson, Pops. Nuff said.

you think their success had more to do with "being pushed" and not due to the fact that they were simply ultra talented? obviously a coach makes a big difference but let's not act like their coaches were the ones responsible for them being great players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->