NBA 2018-19 Regular Season Thread Part II

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Getting the feels seeing all the Wade stuff tonight. Always sad seeing a star you grew up with leaving the game

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just a mod note...

I will unstick this thread Thursday morning, but I will leave it open. Keep all regular season talk in here. I will make a playoff thread, and that will be stickied. All playoff talk should go in the playoff thread.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm torn on Wade.

On one hand, he's older than I am and there's fewer of those guys left these days. On the other hand, I can't not hear his name and think about the 2006 playoffs, and especially the Finals, where even breathing on him was considered a foul. I've never seen a player get that kind of treatment before.

But great career nonetheless.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
30 points in 35 mins in Wade's final game in Miami. Not bad.

It should be his final game period since they're out now. No need for him to play tomorrow.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Is Detroit tanking straight out of the playoffs? What the hell is going on?

Griffin mysteriously got hurt a couple weeks ago and ended up missing several games. Since then the Pistons have gone completely off the rails.

Mainly because they just don't have enough talent to compensate. He returned and had a monster game versus OKC. But he is still hobbled and played less than 20 minutes tonight.

We went from locked in as the 6th or 7th seed to hoping we can be #8. All the while our best player isn't close to 100%.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I honestly can't hate on Casey for that. The difference between him and Stan Van is night & day while having no first round pick or additional assets this season.

Griffin getting hurt at the worst possible time is a unlucky break. But the players on this team can't use that as an excuse because he can't carry them. No reason to be down 20+ to both Charlotte and Memphis.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The West playoff picture in the NBA makes the NHL playoff scrum look simple.

Like, there's 10 possible scenarios in play tomorrow

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
One of those weird quirks.

Wade vs Nowitzki head to head had similar stats, their teams were almost deadlocked in wins/losses and last night they both score 30. Wade beat Dirk in the finals as a young stud, Dirk beat him at the end of his prime. Weird how they are so interconnected.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
One of those weird quirks.

Wade vs Nowitzki head to head had similar stats, their teams were almost deadlocked in wins/losses and last night they both score 30. Wade beat Dirk in the finals as a young stud, Dirk beat him at the end of his prime. Weird how they are so interconnected.

They'll also be going into the HOF together in a few years. I sense there are still some hard feelings there on both sides even with them publicly smiling and posing for pictures together but they'll forever be connected.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
They'll also be going into the HOF together in a few years. I sense there are still some hard feelings there on both sides even with them publicly smiling and posing for pictures together but they'll forever be connected.
Wade was better, but the LeBron Heat team lost to a less talented Mavs team and a Spurs team where Duncan was too old and Kawhi was too young.

Reactions: Voight

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
LMAO Knicks :laugh:

It's cool though, frankly I'd like for this city to give the Checkers and Hurricanes some much deserved love and respect and not focus on what would have been a Milwaukee sweep of the Hornets.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Not a bad way to close it out with the triple double. That's it for my all-time favourite player.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Thanks Kemba, do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. You're headed for an early career-ending injury carrying the Hornets on your back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->