2018-19 Regular Season Reveal Thread (schedule is out)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Was just thinking that it felt kind of late in the NHL calendar without next season's schedule being released.

Just hoping for good home Saturday matchups. First season as a dad though, so I somehow doubt I'll have much disposable time/money to go to a game, though.

Last edited:

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Got an email earlier about the home opener as well as an offer for 9 and 21 game plans. They include tickets to the Winter Classic. I wonder just how many people ditched their season ticket after last season.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Got an email earlier about the home opener as well as an offer for 9 and 21 game plans. They include tickets to the Winter Classic. I wonder just how many people ditched their season ticket after last season.
right here unfortunately. prices keep going uppp. Double from what i started at.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
There’s really no point in season tickets anymore. I always get tickets cheaper than face anytime I want to go to a game. If I wait until closer to game time on weeknights, I can snag them for significantly cheaper.

I like living close enough to the UC where me and my roommate can decide if we want to go on a whim.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
There’s really no point in season tickets anymore. I always get tickets cheaper than face anytime I want to go to a game. If I wait until closer to game time on weeknights, I can snag them for significantly cheaper.

I like living close enough to the UC where me and my roommate can decide if we want to go on a whim.

Used to live at Damen/Grand and would do the same thing, snag tickets 10 minutes before game time and had a good booze sneakin' method. Great fun on a tight budget.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Schedule got released:

DgPsUWJVAAAkeOF.jpg

Even for the Hawks, that's a sparse Saturday home schedule....

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I picked up two tickets to the Winter Classic.
Hopefully the season isn't over by Jan 1st lol.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Somehow still the darlings of the league.

Have to keep the biggest markets relevant. I am not sure I agree that the Hawks should be on that much but how well. They need to be showcasing McDavid and Matthews more but maybe there is a distribution issue there with them being in Canada.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Aw, but the ****show that is Ottawa should get some national coverage....

I do like how the CBJ twitter account thinks that they got NBC with a zinger for not airing enough of their games, though. As if "how good they are" is the real threshold.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Yeah, that’s atrocious. 4 Fridays and 3 Saturdays. That’s just twisting the knife on whoever is still a STH.

As someone who has sold many tickets over many years I can tell you that there was never a big demand for Friday and Saturday games even in the glory years. Always kinda shocked me.

The reason I believe is Friday was like any other weeknight game. Hard as hell for people in the suburbs to get to the game. And Saturday I think was a dud was because it was going head to head with college football. The Bulls have always had the Saturday night games either way.

Sunday is the most popular night/day. Has been for countless years. Personally I like to crash on the couch on Sunday but hey......I guess I am weird.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I love the Sunday games but I am different situation. They are earlier so I can catch a late flight home and go out Friday/Saturday with buddies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The Hawks don't make the schedule....I am 100% certain they want games those nights.

They don’t but they do send in a priority list of requests, not sure what they asked for in comparison to what they received.

As someone who has sold many tickets over many years I can tell you that there was never a big demand for Friday and Saturday games even in the glory years. Always kinda shocked me.

The reason I believe is Friday was like any other weeknight game. Hard as hell for people in the suburbs to get to the game. And Saturday I think was a dud was because it was going head to head with college football. The Bulls have always had the Saturday night games either way.

Sunday is the most popular night/day. Has been for countless years. Personally I like to crash on the couch on Sunday but hey......I guess I am weird.

That makes sense. I’m with you, would rather watch at home on Sunday nights, although I do like the matinee games and see they have a couple of those so that’s nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad