Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Bowers and Kamanev will be really good bottom-6 players for us going forward. Something we desperately need, hilariously though they were developed by other teams but if that's what it takes to find that kind of quality depth then so be it.

I think Kamenev will be a top 6 forward... in the KHL.

Maybe he gives it one more shot next season, probably shatters every bone in his leg walking into the arena, and misses the entire season. Some bad luck, but his body didn’t seem ready for a long career in North America.

Bowers seems like the type of player who will almost immediately embrace and thrive with good coaching and systems. Regularly a favourite of Hockey Canada when he has been with them. A total coach’s player who will do a ton of important things out there.

Bowers has huge potential to be a great 3C.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Kam will give it 1 more go...hopefully next to AJG & JTC; at least until he breaks again...given how well he was doing before he 'sploded this season.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
shaun_weiss_greg_goldberg_mighty_ducks-1533648871-3658.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is fake. I seen him the other day when the Ducks had him on TV.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think Kamenev will be a top 6 forward... in the KHL.

Maybe he gives it one more shot next season, probably shatters every bone in his leg walking into the arena, and misses the entire season. Some bad luck, but his body didn’t seem ready for a long career in North America.

Bowers seems like the type of player who will almost immediately embrace and thrive with good coaching and systems. Regularly a favourite of Hockey Canada when he has been with them. A total coach’s player who will do a ton of important things out there.

Bowers has huge potential to be a great 3C.
Girard, Bowers as a 3rd liner and the 1st round pick on the 2nd line. Hell of a return for Duchene.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
A lot of it is that his play against the puck is very advanced & likely already NHL-ready; so he should be able to put up a fight for the 4C spot...especially after Kam blows up again. So unless you want to nurture his offensive game in the AHL next season -- as I do -- there's little harm in giving him a genuine shot at winning a spot in camp, which his two-way game could win him.
I expect Bowers to get the JTC treatment, start with the Eagles and get a call up when there is an opening.

Reactions: McMetal

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I expect Bowers to get the JTC treatment, start with the Eagles and get a call up when there is an opening.

I won't be surprised if he breaks camp with the team...especially if Kamenev isn't brought back to be the 4C...I just don't think that's the best way to tap into his 20-20 potential offensively. Which is why I want him to get a full season in the AHL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why is Kam leaving us again? Because he keeps breaking? Isnt Kam with the team right now? Seem to have seen him at a recent event with his teammates.

I don't think it would be Kam leaving, if he isn't our 4C to start next season. I think it would be the FO letting him go because he keeps breaking and because "they don't want to block Bowers". That said, I do expect Kam to be brought back, that was meant to be a throw-away line.

Reactions: DanishAvsfan

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If Bowers wins a spot at the start of next season it pretty much means the Avs depth is going to be garbage once again, he is not that good atm.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If Bowers wins a spot at the start of next season it pretty much means the Avs depth is going to be garbage once again, he is not that good atm.

Not true at all. As others have already said, a number of aspects of his game are NHL ready right now. Just because the offensive numbers aren't doesn't mean other parts of his game cant be.

I hope he starts in the AHL as well and certainly wont ne penciling him into any lineups to start the season but he stands a decent shot at earning a spot with a good camp.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Really hope Kam gets a good look with 1 decent winger at least, and his bad luck is behind him. Hard not to feel for the guy and hes shown the potential.
Bowers should get a good look but thinking half a season at least in the A wouldnt hurt.
Is it looking like Kaut needs another year in the minors?

Edit: If Kam and Greer make the team is there even room for another?

Reactions: ljb4

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You judge how NHL ready a prospect is for the next season in September not in March. A fair amount can change physical and mentally in six months for 20 year old prospects.

I think the most likely course is Bowers spends most if not all his first season in the AHL. That's usually how the Avs like to operate, but he'll be given a look and a chance to earn an NHL job in camp/pre-season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You judge how NHL ready a prospect is for the next season in September not in March. A fair amount can change physical and mentally in six months for 20 year old prospects.

I think the most likely course is Bowers spends most if not all his first season in the AHL. That's usually how the Avs like to operate, but he'll be given a look and a chance to earn an NHL job in camp/pre-season.
That's the path I want for him aswell unless he totally kills it in camp. Nothing wrong with him going to Loveland imo.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Long time no post. How is everyone doing? Well, I hope.

I was looking at the standings today and noticed our pick is currently sitting at #11 and obviously the Sens pick is sitting at #1. How awesome would it be if we won the lottery and the Sens pick was #2? We could get Hughes and Kakko and our 2nd line would be Hughes, Kakko, and Kerfoot/Compher. Man I can't wait for the lotto to see where we pick for both picks but even at #11 we should be able to get a really good player.

I'm originally from Cleveland (I really grew up in Jupiter, FL though but I moved to FL when I was 7) so I'm a huge Browns, Indians, and Cavs fan and it seems like the Browns are finally getting good (OBJ baby), the Indians should be WS contenders, and the Cavs are probably gonna get a top 3 pick as well. Finally 2019/2020 is gonna be the year where all my teams are at the very least contending for a championship. The Browns have been holding me back for over 20 years and I didn't think this would happen in my lifetime but fingers crossed the Avs are sitting in a really good spot going into the draft. Good times and Go Avs but not this year cause I would really like to get our pick into the top 10.

Reactions: tigervixxxen

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Really hope Kam gets a good look with 1 decent winger at least, and his bad luck is behind him. Hard not to feel for the guy and hes shown the potential.
Bowers should get a good look but thinking half a season at least in the A wouldnt hurt.
Is it looking like Kaut needs another year in the minors?

Edit: If Kam and Greer make the team is there even room for another?
Plenty of room when the Avs rid themselves of the crappy players

Ghetto
Wilson
Bork
Kerfoot

Greer takes ghetto job, Kam takes Bork job, OTT first takes Kerfoots job, someone/anyone takes Wilson job.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Bowers regressed offensively, but so did the entire team. He played really well at the WJC. Showed flashes of his other skills to round out his game. A year in the AHL would benefit his career, but he is much better than some of the players on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->