Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Awesome interview with Makar between 2nd/3rd periods. Including the head coach. Makar is very eloquent and smooth. Can anyone get the interview clip and post it here?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I think it'll be difficult for even the Avs to screw things up if MacKinnon and Makar are on the same PP.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Famous last words

Oh they'll try to screw it up but I think there's too much talent there for the scheme to limit them. Makar doesn't seem like the type to panic with the puck like some other people if the pass to MacKinnon is taken away.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah I just dont see how you can watch Makar and still have concerns about his game. He can do it all. Ridiculous passer, filthy shot, elite skating, elite IQ, hard worker every shift, physical, kills penalties. And while he's a touch undersized in terms of height, he's going to fill out to nearly 200 pounds in the next couple of years and as we've seen, he is built strong and isn't afraid of contact at all.

We have a special player.

Cale's gonna be on the Hughes unit anywayz so no worries.

Landy - Compher - Rants
Mack - Barrie

Stone - Hughes - Kaut
Makar - Girard

Couple decent units.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I think it'll be difficult for even the Avs to screw things up if MacKinnon and Makar are on the same PP.

(Kind of) related question here...wasn't Makar supposed to wear the C sporadically this year? Like he was splitting the job with someone else? Every time I've seen him he's wearing the A.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh they'll try to screw it up but I think there's too much talent there for the scheme to limit them. Makar doesn't seem like the type to panic with the puck like some other people if the pass to MacKinnon is taken away.

Avs video coach: "See, right here Makar you passed up a perfectly good pass to shoot the puck. We don't do that here."
Cale Makar: "But...coach...I scored."
Avs video coach: "We don't do that here."
Cale Makar: "But..."
Avs video coach: "WE DON'T DO THAT HERE."

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Avs video coach: "See, right here Makar you passed up a perfectly good pass to shoot the puck. We don't do that here."
Cale Makar: "But...coach...I scored."
Avs video coach: "We don't do that here."
Cale Makar: "But..."
Avs video coach: "WE DON'T DO THAT HERE."
"See here Cale comes up the wing, he gets the redline and shoots at the goalie. And what is it he should've done?"
Everyone: "Ice the puck!"

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
"See here Cale comes up the wing, he gets the redline and shoots at the goalie. And what is it he should've done?"
Everyone: "Ice the puck!"

"Okay so here we see Makar try to make a crafty pass instead of dumping it in, so that our forwards can half-heartedly attempt to chase the puck. We don't do that here, Cale. Stick to the plan. Even when it isn't working"

*Bednar benches and then scratches Makar the following game*

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
"Okay so here we see Makar try to make a crafty pass instead of dumping it in, so that our forwards can half-heartedly attempt to chase the puck. We don't do that here, Cale. Stick to the plan. Even when it isn't working"

*Bednar benches and then scratches Makar the following game*

Wasn’t it mentioned earlier this season that Bednar doesn’t tell players why they were benched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad