Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
To me it's way too early to be writing him off in the conversation for best player from the 2017 draft. I still think he can be better then both Heiskanen and Pettersson.

This doesn't get brought up often enough. We'll have to wait and see how he transitions obviously, and it won't be settled one way or another for years, but this is a very real possibility.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Adrian Dater is so painful to listen to, the reporter should not sounds less professional than the athlete in an interview.
Agree on Dater. AJ is also another one that is painful to listen to but for a different reason. He takes those long pauses between sentences that you don't know if he is done talking or not.

Reactions: Perratrooper

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hey all, just had a question about 1 of your prospects Shane Bowers? I have him in a deep, keeper level league where we hold onto prospects until they've played 100 games. was just wondering if he projects to have a career at the NHL level. thanks!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey all, just had a question about 1 of your prospects Shane Bowers? I have him in a deep, keeper level league where we hold onto prospects until they've played 100 games. was just wondering if he projects to have a career at the NHL level. thanks!
It depends on how much of his offencive game is able to translate into the NHL, if he's able to become a 50 point or so player we're looking at a solid 2nd line centreman. If he's below that, we're seeing more of a secondary scorer 3rd liner to eventually one day replace Soderberg. Ottawa didn't draft Bowers for his offencive skills, he was drafted because he's a high compete character lad who possessed the complete package. That package is able to play up the line up, down the line up, different roles, and a very strong two way game (picture a utility player).

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Bowers is a solid 2-way player with high IQ. Offence will likely be 25 Goals and 50 Points, just don't expect anything more. A reliable center or winger for the future. Known for puck control and a quick shot. He is very similar to former AVs - O'Reilly.

He is likely a future 2C or 3C.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bowers is a solid 2-way player with high IQ. Offence will likely be 25 Goals and 50 Points, just don't expect anything more. A reliable center or winger for the future. Known for puck control and a quick shot. He is very similar to former AVs - O'Reilly.

Likely? If Bowers can become our Brandon Sutter I would be ecstatic.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

I'd say that his ceiling IMO, I think he'll likely be a 30-35 point player that plays a solid two way game and is more valuable than what his offensive numbers will be.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'd say that his ceiling IMO, I think he'll likely be a 30-35 point player that plays a solid two way game and is more valuable than what his offensive numbers will be.

JT Compher is a 30-35 point player, I believe Bowers has a little more offensive skill.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Brandon Sutter. Would love that actually.

I hope he's more consistent/better offensively than Sutter, cause Sutter hit that range several times, but its usually followed by a 20-25 point season. If Bowers brings the same level of defense while being a solid contributor offensively I think we'll all be ecstatic. I see Bowers hitting 25-30 points next year in about 65-70 games.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
JT Compher is a 30-35 point player, I believe Bowers has a little more offensive skill.

I haven't seen enough of Bowers to conclude he'll be better than JT. I don't necessary disagree with him having more skill, but I think his focus will be aimed at a more full game which may limit his overall point production. Until I see him play more I'd like to hold my self to more cautious optimism of 30-35 points.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Seems closer to Soderberg than O'Reilly.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

FrayedWeeklyBlackmamba.webp

Reactions: avsfan09

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't see the offense for him to be a 2C in any capacity, but he's shaping up to be an ideal 3C type that can center a legit checking line.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I don't see the offense for him to be a 2C in any capacity, but he's shaping up to be an ideal 3C type that can center a legit checking line.

Lets keep our fingers crossed he can O'Reilly us and hit 26 points for two years and exploded into a 50 point player, but I won't hold my breath haha.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If he ends up being a reliable, defensively-sound 3rd line center he'll be a godsend. I do not recall the last time the Avs had one of those. And no, O'Reilly and Soderberg were/are not those guys.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
If he ends up being a reliable, defensively-sound 3rd line center he'll be a godsend. I do not recall the last time the Avs had one of those. And no, O'Reilly and Soderberg were/are not those guys.

Lol, your memory of RoR fuzzy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad