Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I really don't like O'Connell as a coach... I think BU lost a very good college coach and replaced him with a pretty bad one.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This begs the question: should Bowers have maybe been signed to an ELC to play with Kaut, Greer & Shvyryov on the Eagles?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
This begs the question: should Bowers have maybe been signed to an ELC to play with Kaut, Greer & Shvyryov on the Eagles?

Another year of development won't do any harm. We're deep enough now where we can afford to let guys ripen to an NHL ready tang like Tampa does.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Another year of development won't do any harm. We're deep enough now where we can afford to let guys ripen to an NHL ready tang like Tampa does.

I was asking about where he would've been best served continuing his development: at BU or with the Eagles.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So would keeping him in the AHL all year, no?
Don't think he slides due to age.

Regardless, the NCAA is probably still the best place for him. Every prospect is different, but even with the struggles this year my gut still says the AHL isn't the best place for him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So would keeping him in the AHL all year, no?

Actually, you're right. Because of his age, he's still eligible for one more year to have his ELC slide if he didn't play 10 NHL games this year.

It's a rare example because most 19 year olds don't play in the AHL.

To further clarify, this wouldn't apply if he turned 20 before January 1st. Bowers doesn't turn 20 until next July.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's a 1999 born so it's his 19 year old season and his contract would slide in the AHL. I don't think he's getting much out of playing on a poor team, assuming they don't turn the corner like they did in the second half like last year. I'm not sure what place he would have on the Eagles right now though, they are about maxed out on the minutes they are giving to real forward prospects. I think starting pro next year puts him on a better timeline to get quality minutes and then purposely move on so its the right call for now. If BU is done pretty early maybe they can get Bowers to the AHL this spring.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would Bowers even be eligible for the AHL? I thought his only option was NHL, NCAA or Cape Breton. He’s a 99 born. Otherwise wouldn’t guys like Tippett, Glass and Suzuki be playing in the A instead of junior?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Would Bowers even be eligible for the AHL? I thought his only option was NHL, NCAA or Cape Breton. He’s a 99 born. Otherwise wouldn’t guys like Tippett, Glass and Suzuki be playing in the A instead of junior?
Bowers never played in the CHL, so the rule doesn't apply. Only players who we're drafted out of the CHL have to play there.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's a 1999 born so it's his 19 year old season and his contract would slide in the AHL. I don't think he's getting much out of playing on a poor team, assuming they don't turn the corner like they did in the second half like last year. I'm not sure what place he would have on the Eagles right now though, they are about maxed out on the minutes they are giving to real forward prospects. I think starting pro next year puts him on a better timeline to get quality minutes and then purposely move on so its the right call for now. If BU is done pretty early maybe they can get Bowers to the AHL this spring.

But that could've been tweaked if they had decided to sign Bowers the moment they found out about the coaching change. Which is what I'm wondering if in hindsight would've been the right decision given how poorly things are going in Boston this season.

Right now it wouldn't make sense until his college season is over.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am all for Detroit Red Wing-ing prospects, but if Bowers isn't going to learn anything or not produce on a bad team, better just sign him to an ELC for next year and get rid of Nantel.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Cam Morrison has his 2nd consecutive multi point game, with a goal & assist, bringing his point total to 11 through 13 games, as the red hot Fighting Irish of Notre Dame extend their winning streak to 7 games. CamMo has really started to come on since the beginning of November.

The Apple:

The biscuit in the basket (boy would it be nice to have that 6’3” 212 Lb frame sitting in front of NHL goalies for these greasy goals :nod:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad