Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I can't wait until Makar gets to the NHL and I'm still a little disappointed it's not this season. He's going to be so good.

If Timmins had another setback then that's not good but I hope no one was expecting him back by now. Sakic said as much during his press conference prior to the season. He missed an entire offseason of training so he'll have a long way to go if/when he's healthy before they put him out there.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Man this RPI team is absolute trash. No wonder Makar put up 4 last night. He's miles better than anyone on the ice.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Posting it also here in case some people don't visit the prospects section of these boards too often:

Btw, in case anyone looked up the MHL stats and was thinking why Shmakov is not playing: he is injured.

He's not good enough and I don't think he will become good enough. Just like Shvyrev I don't expect him to be a guy any Avs fan still will talk about in three years.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Posting it also here in case some people don't visit the prospects section of these boards too often:

Btw, in case anyone looked up the MHL stats and was thinking why Shmakov is not playing: he is injured.

I don't understand Russian but that announcer didn't sound very....enthusiastic?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Can't they Crosby him and put him in that spinning machine with all the tests?
latest

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Except he didn't force him to play and Soo put him through a long testing before he came back into the game willingly. Symptoms don't always show right away

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Yeah I think that's a lot of BS in most cases when they claim that.

Adrenalin is a magical thing. I personally think these CHL, NCAA, USHL or whatever development league the player should be a lot more strict on concussion protocol than professional leagues just due to a weaker medical staff as well as age. A player in the NHL is making close to a mil at min, CHL players are making nothing so we really need to take care of them.

Reactions: Tommy G

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I realize that it would be controversial, but I think the decision should be taken out of the hands of the player, the coaches/organization, and even the team doctors at that level. We are dealing with 18-20 year old kids (sometimes younger). In my opinion you should have spotters and if a player is flagged for concussion protocol, they miss the rest of the game. As I indicated, I suspect that it would be controversial, but I think ultimately it will head in the direction in any event.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I realize that it would be controversial, but I think the decision should be taken out of the hands of the player, the coaches/organization, and even the team doctors at that level. We are dealing with 18-20 year old kids (sometimes younger). In my opinion you should have spotters and if a player is flagged for concussion protocol, they miss the rest of the game. As I indicated, I suspect that it would be controversial, but I think ultimately it will head in the direction in any event.

I don't think that should be controversial at all. They should be waaaay more careful with teenagers who haven't begun their career yet, but have made their junior organizations and coaching staff plenty of money.

They should have a very strict concussion protocol for these kids that have received big hits. It shouldn't be an option for them to return to the game if they're at all concerned about a possible concussion. Junior games just aren't worth it.

If they were getting paid, then it'd be one thing, but they're just kids looking to start their career and they're being put at risk of ruining it before it even begins, so adults can cash in or get promotions.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Can't they Crosby him and put him in that spinning machine with all the tests?

GyroStim. I actually fired off a tweet to what I hope is his account, and included GyroStim. They definitely noticed, but I don't know if Conor did or not. He may be staying away from screens right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad