Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Development Tracker - The Heirs to Polak's Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If he’s managed to get his skating into any sort of decent shape, he should tear up the OHL. Didn’t really see a ton of that at TC though (granted, all I saw were highlights).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also wasn’t opening night - 2nd game for him.

Liam Hawel has 3 goals in 2 games too, same statline.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Curtis Douglas looked pretty mediocre against the Knights last night. Still wish we had drafted Billy Moskal and Nathan Dunkley.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not our prospect anymore but Prapavessis looks very good for Columbus. Looks like a NHLer out there and has been quarterbacking their top PP unit

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He wasn't very good in his career so far. In the ECHL last season he wasn't exactly doing well anything. In general that 2014 draft for Dallas was a huge waste. Honka and i think Nyberg are the only two still in the Dallas system . Not sure how that even happens to have a draft that horrible.

Polluck we traded and he looks very mediocre for the Flames AHL team . Nobody else was even close to beeing signed . Some of them we just let go one or two year after beeing draft.

Just horrible year for Dallas.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
2014 Draft

Julius Honka - NHL (Dallas Stars)
Brett Pollock - AHL (Calgary Flames system)
Alex Peters - Canadian University Hockey (St. Mary's University)
Michael Prapavessis - AHL (Columbus Blue Jackets system)
Brent Moran - Canadian University Hockey (Nipissing University)
Miro Karjalainen - SM-Liiga (Unsigned)
Aaron Haydon - Retired
John Nyberg - AHL (Dallas Stars system)
Patrick Sanvido - Canadian University Hockey (Queen's University)

On draft weekend I noted that our scouts f***ed up big time by taking all these defensemen. I was so sour about it. They spewed this nonsense that if a forward and a defensemen were seen as equal, they always rate the defender higher. It certainly worked out.

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
2014 Draft

Julius Honka - NHL (Dallas Stars)
Brett Pollock - AHL (Calgary Flames system)
Alex Peters - Canadian University Hockey (St. Mary's University)
Michael Prapavessis - AHL (Columbus Blue Jackets system)
Brent Moran - Canadian University Hockey (Nipissing University)
Miro Karjalainen - SM-Liiga (Unsigned)
Aaron Haydon - Retired
John Nyberg - AHL (Dallas Stars system)
Patrick Sanvido - Canadian University Hockey (Queen's University)

On draft weekend I noted that our scouts ****ed up big time by taking all these defensemen. I was so sour about it. They spewed this nonsense that if a forward and a defensemen were seen as equal, they always rate the defender higher. It certainly worked out.
Outside of Nyberg it's worst draft ever.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
He wasn't very good in his career so far. In the ECHL last season he wasn't exactly doing well anything. In general that 2014 draft for Dallas was a huge waste. Honka and i think Nyberg are the only two still in the Dallas system . Not sure how that even happens to have a draft that horrible.

Polluck we traded and he looks very mediocre for the Flames AHL team . Nobody else was even close to beeing signed . Some of them we just let go one or two year after beeing draft.

Just horrible year for Dallas.

2014 was an extremely weak year for most teams. After the first round only Montour, Dvorak, Point, Arvidsson, Heinen, Lebanc, and Kase are the only players who look like legit NHLers in rounds 2-7. 180 picks and only 7 NHL players. Makes me feel less bad about that draft.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
2014 was an extremely weak year for most teams. After the first round only Montour, Dvorak, Point, Arvidsson, Heinen, Lebanc, and Kase are the only players who look like legit NHLers in rounds 2-7. 180 picks and only 7 NHL players. Makes me feel less bad about that draft.

Just give it a bit for any late bloomers but we can count on squandering our picks

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just give it a bit for any late bloomers but we can count on squandering our picks

Hey maybe Nyberg unexpectedly becomes a top 4 d-men ( i pencil him as a 5/6 at most right now ) and Honka becomes a regular too making the 2014 draft still a somewhat success . Would be better than say we did in other drafts. Like 2011 .

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Outside of Nyberg it's worst draft ever.
That draft had 1 NHLer for us and 3 AHLers. We used one of them in a trade, an other didnt pan out in college but after a look with an NHL team landed an ELC and the last is Nyberg. Sure its far from a homerun draft but seeing how the 2014 draft looks as a hole its not that bad

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Hold tightly on to Robertson and never let him go. That was the most impressed with a player I've been since watching Marner 3 years ago or Nurse back in the Soo. His strides were long but powerful, to me his skating did not look notably worse than anyone including Akil Thomas, who has some jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->