Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Development Tracker - The Heirs to Polak's Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

My bet would be they don't sign him. Nill let Greg Pateryn walk last season have surprisingly playing bigger minutes than expected. I would actually guess that Taylor Fedun gets a contract instead. When you consider how reluctant Nill is to waive D, my guess would be Bayreuther is in the NHL next season as well. That would leave Oleksiak, Fedun, and Bayreuther fighting for minutes on the 3rd pair.

Since Johns is a wild card, I could even see Dallas going into the season with 8D. I would like to see Tyler Myers play with Heiskanen, and I now Satan has talked about Jake Gardiner as someone he'd like to see in Dallas. That would ultimately make Johns, Fedun, Oleksiak, and Bayreuther fight for 3rd pair minutes with Johns having an upper hand assuming he's healthy.

That means the AHL next season could look something like this ....

Hanley-Cecconi
Heatherington-Hansson
Nyberg-Gleason

That said, 2016 pick Jakob Stenqvist might come over to North America next year, He played so well in Traverse, he was a surprise addition to the NHL training camp roster. He's had another good year in the Allsvenskan, but Dallas does have one more year to sign him, and they could want to see him in the SHL next season.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Wow, surprised they got Cecconi signed. My guess is he wasn't happy with team communication through his first few seasons (ala Masch with Florida) but then with his Mom's tweet the Stars stepped up this year and made him a bigger priority with visits from Pevs etc.

Also.. very surprised we signed Gardner.. the dude is not good offensively but defensive STUD.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My bet would be they don't sign him. Nill let Greg Pateryn walk last season have surprisingly playing bigger minutes than expected. I would actually guess that Taylor Fedun gets a contract instead. When you consider how reluctant Nill is to waive D, my guess would be Bayreuther is in the NHL next season as well. That would leave Oleksiak, Fedun, and Bayreuther fighting for minutes on the 3rd pair.

Since Johns is a wild card, I could even see Dallas going into the season with 8D. I would like to see Tyler Myers play with Heiskanen, and I now Satan has talked about Jake Gardiner as someone he'd like to see in Dallas. That would ultimately make Johns, Fedun, Oleksiak, and Bayreuther fight for 3rd pair minutes with Johns having an upper hand assuming he's healthy.

That means the AHL next season could look something like this ....

Hanley-Cecconi
Heatherington-Hansson
Nyberg-Gleason

That said, 2016 pick Jakob Stenqvist might come over to North America next year, He played so well in Traverse, he was a surprise addition to the NHL training camp roster. He's had another good year in the Allsvenskan, but Dallas does have one more year to sign him, and they could want to see him in the SHL next season.

Hansson probably going back to Sweden.. although he has gotten more playing time mid-late season than the start of the year. Might change his mind.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He's playing big minutes now and getting PP time. Seems like he's finally made the transition to North America. Can be tough for some guys. Think Nyberg is still going through that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hansson is 24 and hasn't been close to the NHL by now. I don't think he sticks around for much longer in North America. Even with all the injuries he was never really considered as an option ( albeit with one or two more guys there wouldn't have been anyone else left besides him and Nyberg ) and instead Ben Gleason who barely played 10-20 AHL games at point got called up for a couple of games. I don't think Hansson sticks around when his ELC is up . Maybe one more year at the most or maybe he requests a trade to someone that might give him a shot at the NHL .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Instantly our best D-man prospect

I would say Bayreuther and Gleason are better. Cecconi has a pretty good game overall, but his foot speed is of concern. Need to see how he adjusts to the speed of the pro game.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I don’t think it’s a reach to say that Cecconi is better than half our nhl defensemen right now.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
There's nothing interesting about it. All ELC lengths are based on age. He'll be 24 years old when the contract starts next season. It's a run of the mill contract. Team's and players have no say in the term. It's defined by the CBA.
Owned

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don’t think it’s a reach to say that Cecconi is better than half our nhl defensemen right now.

giphy.gif

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Even if Cecceoni is, you have to remember it seems to be the Dallas Stars way to simply destroy the confidence of good D prospects.

Even without the snark, lower picks and UFA tend to make the NHL at something about 3% of the time. We can hope, but any definitive statement probably isn't possible.

That said, glad he signed, Nill made it sound like there was never an issue, despite his Mom's tweets. Or it may be that he got wind that maybe NHL teams would shun a guy who shuns his team? I know its been done, but who knows I am sure there is pressure to stick with the team that has your rights, not to mention he couldn't guarantee any better situations on any other team.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Nill on Gardner "good offensive numbers" .. I swear to god this idiot does not watch these guys play hockey or just has shit come out of his mouth for the hell of it.

15 points as a NCAA SENIOR IS NOT GOOD NUMBERS.

Reactions: Starry Knight

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has l'esperance looked at the nhl level? Despite only 1 goal in 13 games, does he at least look like he could possibly one day be a top 6 forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad