2018-19 POSITIVITY THREAD !

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I looked at the box score, 4/7 on the powerplay and Stockton went 0/3 on theirs so the baby Oilers pumped two shorties in too. :amazed:

Sherriff Woody gets dumped on a lot and I’ll be the first to raise my hand up to admit I’ve done it too, but congrats to him on getting his first win as a pro coach!!!

While we're jumping to conclusions after one game, maybe we owe Woodcroft an apology, given how his team did vs McLellan. Maybe he isn't the powerplay dummy we all thought he was.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Its insanity to go this long between games. Hopefully the European trip was a distraction and the team gets back to playing simpler hockey.

I will be positive for the first month because its a bit of an overreaction to go crazy after 1 game. I saw a lot of things that were encouraging last game. Lucic looked ready to start the year, they have good youngsters on the back end that will fill a huge void in the coming years and their minor league team finally looks like it can hold a respectable team together while proving the Oilers with some skilled depth call ups when the going gets tough.

There are things that seem to be trending in the right direction in terms of actual talent found by our scouts. Its a miracle.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I have complained plenty about the team all over HFOil, but can we please keep this thread on topic, guys? You have literally every other thread to complain.

On topic - I'm looking forward to lessening the gap between games as we go forward! :)

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
Interesting points from Bruce McCurdy and Terry Jones:

I consider 2-2 pretty darn good given Winnipeg and Boston were top 5 teams in the NHL last year. Jersey had 97 points.

1-3 would be neutral. Not good, but not bad either.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Jets also seem to be off to a sputtering start too. Hopefully they are still finding their legs for tomorrow's game and we can eek out a win.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I consider 2-2 pretty darn good given Winnipeg and Boston were top 5 teams in the NHL last year. Jersey had 97 points.

Interesting indeed. If they end up surviving this road trip 2-2, it actually sets them up nicely. Unfortunately there is some very tough teams still to come in the 6 games following, but things look better looking at those 6 games if they are 2-2 with 4 of those 6 being at home.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016

Considering they had 5 days rest between Sweden and the Boston game the distance is not an excuse. NJ was in Europe and they are looking 1000% better than the Oil.

Positives so far this season. McDavid (given) and Bouchard. There is some light at the end of the deep, long, and dark tunnel and Bouchard is looking solid. I hope he can continue to develop into the dman we need.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Considering they had 5 days rest between Sweden and the Boston game the distance is not an excuse. NJ was in Europe and they are looking 1000% better than the Oil.

Positives so far this season. McDavid (given) and Bouchard. There is some light at the end of the deep, long, and dark tunnel and Bouchard is looking solid. I hope he can continue to develop into the dman we need.

I don't think this presents it as an excuse, but rather a decent outcome considering the circumstances (ie. that's a lot of miles to cover in 17 days, and 2 of the teams were top 4 in the entire league last year). Many miles, a couple weeks living in hotel rooms in at least 4 different cities is definitely tough and going .500 would be considered decent.

Granted, the Devils are doing awesome with those circumstances, but their situation wasn't as extreme. They got to leave a couple days earlier and had a couple mores days to settle in at Sweden after their exhibition game. They also got to fly home right after and got settled back for their rest days at home before playing next few games again at home. I'd also guess that the miles travelled by them was a bit less than what Edmonton did considering home is right on the Atlantic for them.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Wasn't sure where to put this but this thread seems like a decent place for it. So the Oilers have a tough October schedule but 4 games they catch the opposing team on the second night of back-to-backs:

vs. Boston Thursday Oct. 18 (Bruins @ Calgary Oct. 17)
vs. Nashville Saturday Oct. 20 (Preds @ Calgary Oct. 19)
@ Chicago Sunday Oct. 28 (Hawks @ St. Louis Oct. 27)
vs. Minnesota Tuesday Oct. 30 (Wild @ Vancouver Oct. 29)

Hopefully they can take advantage and not continue last year's trend of running into hot backup goalies.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
IT'S ALMOST TIME! EVERYONE, GIVE THEM YOUR ENERGY!!!!!

edmh8c4.jpg

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
How screwed would this team be with even someone as talented as Eichel. He would have requested a trade out of here the first or second season.

Thank you lottery balls, i love balls.

#Oiler Positives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->