2018-19 POSITIVITY THREAD !

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I was never worried. Last season was a strange aberration with a bit of Murphy's Law, but this season we'll see the real team again. Should be a fun season.

(I do hope Toronto wins the Stanley Cup at some point in the next five or six years, but I hope they crash and burn this season just to shut down that over-hyped franchise.)

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Chiarelli's plan is working...

I looked at the box score, 4/7 on the powerplay and Stockton went 0/3 on theirs so the baby Oilers pumped two shorties in too. :amazed:

Sherriff Woody gets dumped on a lot and I’ll be the first to raise my hand up to admit I’ve done it too, but congrats to him on getting his first win as a pro coach!!!

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
A positive is that I think we'll find out soon what kind of team we have. No more excuses about dying a death of a thousand paper cuts, by Halloween I think we'll know if the rest of the season is going to be worth watching.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I do think there is reason to stay positive.

First off, the worst possible outcome out of that game is if we played that bad and still came out with the win. Yes, points matter, but the team needed a good slap to the face, and they will have a week off to stew on that performance, and the fact that they are behind the 8 ball now.

Also, it will be a long time before they are back in Edmonton. There is still time for them to turn their play around, and they will do it out east on their road trip, away from the pressure at home.

Also, this game is not a good representative sample. I don't think anyone would argue that the team will only play that badly all season, because that was especially bad. It is possible that the overseas factor had a negative impact, and that is a temporary one.

Lastly, there were some good signs from key players. Lucic and Talbot were good, and so that bodes well. For me, Bouchard really came out of his shell as the game went on and he was better than I thought he could be for a rookie. On the flip of that, there were some players with horrible performances where I know they are better than that.

It's one game. There are lots of good teams out there that stunk in their first game. Look at St.Louis.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Positive this team will stay here as long as Katz makes a bundle of money. Winning is low priority until the fans stay away in droves and he has an empty arena.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->