2018-19 POSITIVITY THREAD !

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Think the team defense, combined with any improved Talbot, will get us into the playoffs. Scoring will be up but more importantly goals will be down significantly.

Bouchard develops his defense rapidly and combined with his offense earns a regular spot and is legitimately a top 4 nhl dman in his rookie year.

Our prospects take big steps in the offseason including those in the AHL giving the Condors a playoff birth and deep playoff run.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
dytyEWL.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Oilers no longer have the scariest mascot.

He got owned by the Cologne Shark mascot anyway. Apparently their mascot was showing up ours with some break dance shark moves and a backflip. I think probably some karate kicks and nibbles.

So hunter was hunted and is presently licking his wounds and thanking his stars that NHL mascots like Harvey the Hound are typically less predatory...

Flyers mascot just looks high.. perhaps apt

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He got owned by the Cologne Shark mascot anyway. Apparently their mascot was showing up ours with some break dance shark moves and a backflip. I think probably some karate kicks.

So hunter was hunted and is presently licking his wounds and thanking his stars that NHL mascots like Harvey the Hound are typically less predatory...

Pfft, save that for the "Fire Chia" thread. ;)
You've got to let the positivity flow through you.

Last edited:

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I'm fairly positive in stating that we will not give up the first goal of the game on the first shot against 13 times(I actually thought it was more) like we did last year.

Is that a new record? Is there a way to check this somewhere?

As for the topic, I'm feeling pretty optimistic in general. I'm just worried about McLellan, but I think the rope is shorter now so even if he manages to screw things up I'm hoping the Oilers will react early enough this time. Basically there should be no good enough reasons for not making the playoffs.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm fairly positive in stating that we will not give up the first goal of the game on the first shot against 13 times(I actually thought it was more) like we did last year.

Didn't it happen twice in pre-season already? If not, they were scored on in the first 5 minutes 3 times in 8 games, once in the first 30 seconds.

Sorry. Forgot this is supposed to be positives. Cam Talbot hasn't been scored on in the first five minutes of a game yet!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad