2018-19 NHL TV ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
For 2 yrs now, i keep seeing this eddygee guy just posting about MLS. This guy has raised my blood pressure to the point that i need pills now for it. . I can't stand it. I swear, he keeps sticking up for MLS like he is sticking up for his mother. It drives me insane. When i see his post, my heartbeat goes up. of course i skip to the next post. And 99.99% of the time, the word MLS is there.. Why does this guy keep mentioning MLS all the freakin time. Enough pls... i can't stand it.

I challenge anyone to find me a post of his that doesn't contain the word "MLS" in it.....

The MLS will NEVER be the NHL.. so pls stop mentioning them each post. This guy is annoying as hell with his MLS in every post.

Bookie21

Dec 26, 2017
For 2 yrs now, i keep seeing this eddygee guy just posting about MLS. This guy has raised my blood pressure to the point that i need pills now for it. . I can't stand it. I swear, he keeps sticking up for MLS like he is sticking up for his mother. It drives me insane. When i see his post, my heartbeat goes up. of course i skip to the next post. And 99.99% of the time, the word MLS is there.. Why does this guy keep mentioning MLS all the freakin time. Enough pls... i can't stand it.

I challenge anyone to find me a post of his that doesn't contain the word "MLS" in it.....

The MLS will NEVER be the NHL.. so pls stop mentioning them each post. This guy is annoying as hell with his MLS in every post.
Yeah, he can't seem to quit the obvious trolling he does with MLS ratings. This thread is used to discuss NHL ratings, and he's in here talking about MLS. He gets a hard-on talking MLS ratings for some strange reason

eddygee

Mar 12, 2018
I dunno, I don't spend nearly as much time in this thread as you, but comparisons to other sports/leagues besides MLS seem pretty common. Perhaps... Just maaaybeee... it just feels like people are picking on MLS because of your obvious bias towards it.
clip_image001.gif
Like I said before, a quick look at your posting history makes it pretty obvious you didn't originally join this board to talk about hockey with other hockey fans. You can obviously do and post what you want, but perhaps the next time someone on here compares the NHL's meh viewership numbers to MLS's meh viewership numbers don't feel like you *need* to protect MLS's "honour" by sidetracking the thread with your spreadsheets and links to wikipedia articles you maintain trying to convince a bunch of internet randos on a hockey message board that MLS is indeed doing awesome.

Yeah, he can't seem to quit the obvious trolling he does with MLS ratings. This thread is used to discuss NHL ratings, and he's in here talking about MLS. He gets a hard-on talking MLS ratings for some strange reason

Surprised the mods put up with this nonsense. The act is getting old

Will take into consideration what you're saying ForumName, but will also note for you to do the same with what I'm saying. I won't apologize to the hockey only guys for liking soccer too. I will pick my spots but its a message board and there is nothing wrong with respectful debate it's a slippery slope when one side of a debate feels they can never be questioned or try to tell you what you can and can't say or reply back to.
I joined this board to talk the business side of NHL TV deals/TV Ratings and as a soccer guy for the soccer OT threads to check up on Toronto FC comings and goings. The issue is there is a bit of insecurity on both sides with a bit of like my sport. Folks don't have to admit it but it is, It's played out routinely in this thread from folks. As far as me its possible to like multiple sports, I don't need to see or want to see one sport suffer to validate my favorite sport like some have shown.

As far as the Wikipedia comment I don't know what you're talking about maintaining? I just post what I find. I also have posted a lot of NHL info as well, but anyway lets talk hockey ratings. I see the urge to pile on the soccer guy in attempts to have me silenced. I recognize this is a NHL thread I post NHL stuff too, but I will stand my ground in saying its a bit of a odd dynamic from some that they feel that in general they can always take unsolicited shots at MLS, and then feel privileged in turning around to say to me HOW DARE YOU make any post that appears to defend it or go against what was said, DON'T even bring it up, followed by MODS where are you? To those that don't want "it" talked about stop trying to find ways to bring "it" up. Even if its trolling as trolling is something that IS AGAINST THE RULES. This is for the one person who is so concerned about it. This whole thing is more of a issue being blown out of proportion by hockey only guys not minding seeing "it" constantly posted and crapped on every other day when it has nothing to do with NHL TV ratings. Same people are then getting bent out of shape and posting in anger if I appear to defend "it". That in itself sidetracks this thread. STOP talking about it stay on subject, and if you do talk about it don't get mad if someone says something in opposition that you may not like.

Consider this issue done on my end we've all said our pieces lets move on.
clip_image001.png

Last edited:

Season started party on
Jul 8, 2007
wow, all of cables ratings are down huge

goldbergs in second place barely scratching a number

ouch oilers devils, nobody watched it.

9:40 PM1650.06159

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

eddygee

Mar 12, 2018
Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

USAUSA1

Dec 1, 2016
Probably won't have much of an impact.

Maybe in the final if the Eastern team is a smallish market.

I don't know but the East is lacking star power(the players are great) and the west is small market heavy. If Denver's the top seed, warriors vs rockets would happen in round two.

The NBA is already promoting Zion on the low because they need a new star to takeover. It's no secret.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
I don't know but the East is lacking star power(the players are great) and the west is small market heavy. If Denver's the top seed, warriors vs rockets would happen in round two.

The NBA is already promoting Zion on the low because they need a new star to takeover. It's no secret.

I wouldn't say the East lacks "star" players. Giannis & Embiid are legitimate NBA stars, so is Kawhi Leonard. There's only one LeBron, and replacing him won't be as easy as some believe. The NBA will take a hit once he's gone, but there will always be someone else down the line. They faced this post-Jordan.

Reactions: eddygee

eddygee

Mar 12, 2018
I wouldn't say the East lacks "star" players. Giannis & Embiid are legitimate NBA stars, so is Kawhi Leonard. There's only one LeBron, and replacing him won't be as easy as some believe. The NBA will take a hit once he's gone, but there will always be someone else down the line. They faced this post-Jordan.

I'm one of those who stopped watching NBA when Jordan retired camp folks. I really stopped watching alot around 2005 the "Rumble in the Palace Year". In the NBA's attempt to make the league more entertaining they aimed to make the league more attractive and find stars to fill MJs shoes. They made the league super soft. You essentially could only play half the defense you use to be able to and the overall sense of skill went down in correlation to it. Players on offense got easier buckets didn't have to try as hard the focus and current roles of players can be traced back to this. Games started to resemble All Star games with players walking around getting off open shots and dunks with little defensive pressure. The athleticism IMO hasn't changed the skill has. The defense doesn't get to really challenge the offense like it used to so it looks like defensive technique and skills is not as important to learn now. In the 90s you knew if you had a scorer he was a legit guy because he was battle tested for those points.

Last edited:

Coinneach

Feb 1, 2014
Czech Republic
Some news from Sunday´s schedule:

Flyers/Penguins NHL Star Sunday overtime thriller on NBCSN delivered a 0.47 rating, up 47% vs. the network's Sunday evening NHL average in 2018 (0.32).

Locally, the match delivered a 10.0 rating in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia posted a 2.3 rating.

Oilers/Golden Knights late-night NHL Star Sunday matchup on NBCSN delivered a 0.26 rating, up 73% vs. last season's late-game average with one home market (0.15).

Locally, the Golden Knights 6-3 W vs. Edmonton was the 2nd highest-rated VGK reg. season game EVER on NBCSN in Las Vegas. The game posted a 5.8 rating in Vegas, up a whopping 463% vs. last year's reg. season average in the market on NBCSN (1.0)

Source: NBC Sports PR (@NBCSportsPR) | Twitter

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
I'm one of those who stopped watching NBA when Jordan retired camp folks. I really stopped watching alot around 2005 the "Rumble in the Palace Year". In the NBA's attempt to make the league more entertaining they aimed to make the league more attractive and find stars to fill MJs shoes. They made the league super soft. You essentially could only play half the defense you use to be able to and the overall sense of skill went down in correlation to it. Players on offense got easier buckets didn't have to try as hard the focus and current roles of players can be traced back to this. Games started to resemble All Star games with players walking around getting off open shots and dunks with little defensive pressure. The athleticism IMO hasn't changed the skill has. The defense doesn't get to really challenge the offense like it used to so it looks like defensive technique and skills is not as important to learn now. In the 90s you knew if you had a scorer he was a legit guy because he was battle tested for those points.
This is a mirror of the current no hit league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad