League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
They'll have to battle the Panthers, but one of them can take the Pens spot :D

Depending on their offseason, which will be closely watched by all of HFBoards, the Bus could remain competitive, and the Isles, Canes and Caps don't figure to regress any time soon. The Metro is gonna be tight soon.

Its only 3 games... but if Kuzy have no plans of getting back to his last year shape I can see rapid regress down the road.

So far it's 8-19 and 70. Ofc have to wait some more. Maybe Carolina is not that easy of an opponent.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Its only 3 games... but if Kuzy have no plans of getting back to his last year shape I can see rapid regress down the road.

So far it's 8-19 and 70. Ofc have to wait some more. Maybe Carolina is not that easy of an opponent.
The Canes are not easy. I wanted the Pens initially but was persuaded out of it. Should have stuck to my guns.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
The Canes are not easy. I wanted the Pens initially but was persuaded out of it. Should have stuck to my guns.
Wanted the Pens too (for entertainment) but if you want to get out of Metro you still need to win 2 series. We needed to win against all of CAR/NYI/PIT and nothing changed. If they can't due to TR being bad or Kuzy being bad or even aliens... well, no cup for them.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Lindell is really good though. Better than Orlov.
I've barely seen him and was going off his numbers, 2nd worst Corsi among regulars after Polak. When Orlov signed his deal his previous 2 years he had 54 ES points to 42 for Lindell in 20% fewer minutes, Orlov 1st and 2nd on the Caps in Corsi those 2 years while Lindell was middle and next to last on Stars, I guess playing with Niskanen helped I'm not sure who Lindell played with, Orlov was coming off 21st in Norris voting. In these type of deals you're paying for the players prime and I assume Lindell has shown signs that he'll break out and it's likely to be a positive deal but it's also indicative of the cost of defensemen.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Lindell is really good though. Better than Orlov.
Lindell is a useful player that, but I'd take Orlov over him. Lindell is essentially playing the Karl Alzner role with Dallas (albeit at a higher level than Alzner did and with more offense), where he acts as the stabilizing force for another more aggressive D. But he basically requires another good D on the opposite half of the ice to not be completely submerged in his match-ups, and does very little to carry the play away from his end of the ice.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lindell is a useful player that, but I'd take Orlov over him. Lindell is essentially playing the Karl Alzner role with Dallas (albeit at a higher level than Alzner did and with more offense), where he acts as the stabilizing force for another more aggressive D. But he basically requires another good D on the opposite half of the ice to not be completely submerged in his match-ups.

And Orlov?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
And Orlov?
Still has good defensive games. You didn't leave many Capitals viewings saying "wow, Karl Alzner really had a great offensive game going tonight", and I believe that's what's being said here. Without a talented complementary player you've essentially just got a 'stalemate' defenseman who couldn't move the needle much in the other direction if asked. Until/unless you're looking at a gulf in class between them, it seems like a simpler task to identify and replace the reliable type instead of players who can manufacture offense at the NHL level.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Still has good defensive games. You didn't leave many Capitals viewings saying "wow, Karl Alzner really had a great offensive game going tonight", and I believe that's what's being said here. Without a talented complementary player you've essentially just got a 'stalemate' defenseman who couldn't move the needle much in the other direction if asked. Until/unless you're looking at a gulf in class between them, it seems like a simpler task to identify and replace the reliable type instead of players who can manufacture offense at the NHL level.

The first master of the Off the backboards D slap pass into the crease?! How dare you?! Lol....

I guess I’m not impressed by the offense Orlov is creating. He’s not a PP guy here, occasionally makes some highlight reel goals (but makes more highlight reel gaffes “so far” in his career).

The phrase serving pizzas wasn’t coined for anyone else and it wasn’t for good offense (and before people get upset, he’s been much better last year, and at times this year). I have to agree with Tex, he’s not the ideal fit for this roster, but he’s also the best we have on the left. Tough spot.

For me, Orlov is the complimentary player here. Elsewhere that could change.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So rumors are getting stronger of a Wild/Penguins trade involving Phil Kessel and Jack Johnson going to Minnesota for Jason Zucker and Victor Rask.:popcorn:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Winnipeg traded the rights to Kevin Hayes to the Flyers. Never understood the hype with him. He's a big rig that has scored 20 goals once in his career while playing top 6 minutes his whole career. I know he's huge but every time I watch him I'm pretty underwhelmed. That said, he's still a decent player and that's another Metro team getting stronger this offseason.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Look I know Maatta has had a rough couple of seasons but he always plays well against the Caps so I’m glad he’s out of the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->