League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The Sabres thread on the NHL forum reminds me of the early days of the BB years when the Caps were fighting for respectability. A bunch of posters said the Caps should trade Ovie because he was wasted on a bad team, the Caps would never be a contender, etc etc.

Cup Champs, baby.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Sabres thread on the NHL forum reminds me of the early days of the BB years when the Caps were fighting for respectability. A bunch of posters said the Caps should trade Ovie because he was wasted on a bad team, the Caps would never be a contender, etc etc.

Cup Champs, baby.

Oh yea. Larry Brooks and the entire Canadian hockey media had Ovechkin refusing to sign with the Caps and heading to the NYR or Montreal.

Meanwhile is Toronto tough enough? LOL

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles

This decision is fine, but I’m not really understanding how this hit is different than the Reaves hit which went unpunished. Guess that’s the NHL for you.

Thought the Reaves hit was worse, myself. Was more of an ‘unsuspecting player’ scenario.

At least Krug’s body was squared up to the hit (even if he did turn his head to watch puck).

Last edited:

Koized

Oct 8, 2005

This decision is fine, but I’m not really understanding how this hit is different than the Reaves hit which went unpunished. Guess that’s the NHL for you.

Ya I don’t get it. Very similar hits, I don’t think either should have been a suspension but the head scratching part is that Reaves was targeting the player all game.

Jun 15, 2007
Man McPhee really bungled that Tatar situation.

First to overpay Detroit so much for him in the first place.

Then to trade him to Montreal without really giving him time. He looks great for them.

McPhee basically threw away 2 first rounders for nothing. GM of the year my ass.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

To me the suspendable difference is that he was hit into the boards, and he’s not Tom Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad