Speculation: 2018-19 NHL Lines Thread (as of June 12th '19 @ 4:00pm) [FINAL]

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
classic HFboards - every team's lineup loaded with rookies, in top 6 or 9 roles lol.

There really aren't that many rookies loaded up in the line-ups. They all average around one rookie which is pretty reasonable. Carolina has the most with 3 and they're the only team with 3.

Boston - 2
Buffalo - 1
Carolina - 3
Columbus - 1
Detroit - 1
Florida - 1
Montreal - 1
New Jersey - 1
Islanders - 0
Rangers - 2
Ottawa - 1
Philadelphia - 0
Pittsburgh - 1
Tampa - 0
Toronto - 1
Washington - 0
Anaheim - 1
Arizona - 1
Calgary - 0
Chicago - 1
Colorado - 0
Dallas - 2
Edmonton - 0
Los Angeles - 1
Minnesota - 1
Nashville - 1
San Jose - 0
St. Louis - 1
Vancouver - 0
Vegas - 0
Winnipeg - 1

Feb 24, 2017
How is it decided who is going to be in lineups or not? Elias Petterson isn’t listed here for Vancouver. You really think they’re not gonna trot him out this year to throw the fans a little sumpin sumpin?

Reactions: Son of Petter

Aapo

Jan 16, 2011
There really aren't that many rookies loaded up in the line-ups. They all average around one rookie which is pretty reasonable. Carolina has the most with 3 and they're the only team with 3.

Boston - 2
Buffalo - 1
Carolina - 3
Columbus - 1
Detroit - 1
Florida - 1
Montreal - 1
New Jersey - 1
Islanders - 0
Rangers - 2
Ottawa - 1
Philadelphia - 0
Pittsburgh - 1
Tampa - 0
Toronto - 1
Washington - 0
Anaheim - 1
Arizona - 1
Calgary - 0
Chicago - 1
Colorado - 0
Dallas - 2
Edmonton - 0
Los Angeles - 1
Minnesota - 1
Nashville - 1
San Jose - 0
St. Louis - 1
Vancouver - 0
Vegas - 0
Winnipeg - 1

Well neither of Mittelstadt, Rodriguez or Thompson (all in the Sabres top 9) have yet played a full season in the NHL. Doubt they will all be there, especially from start.

Last edited:

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
As of right now, Brossoit is Winnipeg's backup. Comrie has one more waiver exempt year.

In Buffalo, I don't think there's a spot for Guhle. I think he'll be the #1 guy in Rochester. I'd expect either Casey Nelson or Matt Hunwick in that spot

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Good job... fairly close, but I see the Oilers putting Lucic on the 2nd line and giving him every opportunity to rebound. They won't give him a long leash though.

Another question mark is if Yamamoto makes the squad. Bear is another possibility.

:edmonton (0 - 0 - 0)

LWCRW
Ryan Nugent-HopkinsConnor McDavidTy Rattie
Milan LucicLeon DraisaitlJesse Puljujärvi
Jujhar KhairaRyan StromeTobias Rieder
Drake Caggiula/Pontus Åberg Kyle BrodziakZack Kassian
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

LDRD
Darnell NurseAdam Larsson
Oscar KlefbomAndrej Sekera
Kris RussellMatt Benning
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

G
Cam Talbot
Mikko Koskinen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:
So uh, Nugent-Hopkins is the one taking almost all of the faceoffs on the first line? Am I correctamundo? Cause he is much better at those than mcdavid is.

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
Also Pettersson needs to be in Vancouver's lineup. My guess is either Granlund, Schaller, or Leipsic are an extra forward.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Others can speak to the forwards. :D

LDRD
Victor HedmanAnton Strålman
Ryan McDonaghMikhail Sergachev
Coburn/KoekkoekDan Girardi
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Under a new defense coach, Sergachev will probably be paired with McD and given more minutes now that he's had a full NHL season under his belt and was solid on RD after the TDL and during the playoffs. Girardi would shift to the 3rd pairing with Coburn allowing them to swap in Koekkoek and other rookie d-men on the third pair for mentoring. Since we have three of our veteran defensemen in the final year of their contracts there would be a need to get some of our other younglings some time in the big league.

This allows Strålman to move back up with Hedman instead of having either of them babysitting. Since Girardi's minutes were managed, Strålman did sometimes take shifts with Hedman and their possession numbers were still the best of any other TBL pairing. McD would be a great mentor for Sergachev playing RD his sophomore year just like Strålman was a great mentor for Sergy transitioning to the NHL his rookie year.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Id love to see the Blues go with

Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou(R)
Maroon - ROR - Tarasenko
Fabbri - Bozak - Perron
Steen - Thomas(R) - Soshnikov/ Jaskin
Extras - Jaskin - Barbashev - Sanford

Edmundson - Pietrangelo
Dunn - Parayko
Bowmeister / Gunnarson - Schmaltz / Bortuzzo

Allen
Johnson
Husso (R) stud

member 116861

For the Aves,

- I think Nemeth will be paired with Barrie and Girard with Cole. Also Girard would be on the left side with Cole on the right

- I think Kamenev will likely be on the 4th line with Bourque being the 13th man

- Jost and Kerfoot should be swapped with Jost being the center

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
Rangers just resigned Nieves to a two way deal. I don't think he makes it. Thinking Holland is the 4c.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Rangers just resigned Nieves to a two way deal. I don't think he makes it. Thinking Holland is the 4c.
I think Lettieri will end up with the spot, although Nieves isn't a bad choice since I figure these two and Howden will be battling for that 4th line C spot. Holland should be in Hartford.

I think the NYR lines are close but I think Lias will be at C with Spooner and Namestnikov on that 3rd line. Namest isn't much of a faceoff winner and I would think they want to see how Andersson can play his natural position at this level.

As long as he shows up in shape and ready to play hockey this season (unlike last) Brendan Smith will be given every shot to be in the top 6. They need him to prove he can still be an NHL player worth a couple million on someone's cap so they trade him with retention at some point. So I think he will be starting the season on that 3rd pairing with DeAngelo. With no cap trouble, NYR will probably keep 8 defensemen, with Claesson and Kampfer to cover LD-RD openings respectively. There is always the possibility that one of the young guys really impresses enough that they need to see them play some games, like Lindgren or Hajek, but I doubt they're going to force anyone's development when they have some vets to eat some minutes and already bringing along so much youth throughout the lineup.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
There is no way Tyler Ennis plays over Carl Grundstrom
Grundstrom: no waivers
Ennis: waivers
Grundstrom: $925,000
Ennis: $650,000
Grundstrom: 22 North American games, 0 NHL
Ennis: 492 NHL games, 49 point season

Ennis is long removed that season and not the player he used to be, and Grundstrom is looking talented, but its not a stretch at all to imagine the Leafs starting the year with Ennis and giving Grundstrom a bit more time.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Grundstrom: no waivers
Ennis: waivers
Grundstrom: $925,000
Ennis: $650,000
Grundstrom: 22 North American games, 0 NHL
Ennis: 492 NHL games, 49 point season

Ennis is long removed that season and not the player he used to be, and Grundstrom is looking talented, but its not a stretch at all to imagine the Leafs starting the year with Ennis and giving Grundstrom a bit more time.

Yes it is. Toronto is butter soft right now and they won't play 5'9" 160lbs Ennis over Grundstrom who would be the most physical forward on the team.

Reactions: Sticktape

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
NYR

Kreider - Mika - Buch
Namestnikov - Chytil - Zucc
Spooner - Hayes - Fast
Vesey - Lias - Beleskey/McLeod/Lettieri

Extras: Any one of those guys at 4RW or Nieves

Skjei - Shattenkirk
Smith - Pionk
Staal - DeAngelo

Extra: Claesson

Henrik
Georgiev

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Donato not pencilled into lineup? Im not a Bruins fan but I thought he was unreal in the regular season when he signed and figured he would be a lock next year

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Donato not pencilled into lineup? Im not a Bruins fan but I thought he was unreal in the regular season when he signed and figured he would be a lock next year

I think you're right, Donato is going to get a very good shot at staying in the lineup with the kind of offense he has shown. The knock on him was that he needed to work on his D but how much is that going to matter if he is playing center with Heinen and Backes on his wings? Those guys are both good defensive players, I think it might be the perfect situation for them and Backes and Heinen can also both take faceoffs as they were both centers. They could also move either of them to center and have Donato play wing. Sweeney is not going to sit a guy who scored at a .75 ppg rate at the end of the season, he's going to give him a chance to take a full time spot, then it's up to him whether he makes it or not.

Last edited:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Just curious what is your team possible lineup going into 2018-19 season. For the Flyers:

Giroux Couturier Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Raffl Frost (hopefully) Simmonds
Lindblom Lehtera Laughton
Weal Weise

Provorov Gostisbehere
MacDonald Sanheim
Hagg Gudas
Folin

Neuvirth & Elliott

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
As of now I think the Leafs will look like this:

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown
Jooris-Cracknell

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick
Ozhiganov

Andersen
McElhinney

Although I expect at least the backup situation to be dealt with (either Sparks or McBackup traded) and potentially something defensively prior to camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->