Speculation: 2018-19 NHL Lines Thread (as of June 12th '19 @ 4:00pm) [FINAL]

CarlWising

Jun 4, 2018
I’m not sure if I as a Oilers fan am comfortable with having Åberg on the second line.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I'll run through each team:
ana: kesler is prob out, I'd say pencil in steel
ari: good
bos: switch mcquaid for grzelcyk
buf: switch guhle for nelson/hunwick
cgy: good
car: good
chi: switch highmore for and well
col: good
cbj: good
dal: hanzal is prob out put in ritchie, elie or smith.
det: good
edm: good
fla: good
lak: good
min: good
mtl: good
nsh: switch watson for salomaki
njd: good
nyi: not sure ho-sang makes it. switch him for martin/kuhnhackl
nyr: switch smith for claesson
ott: switch carey for a prospect
phi: good
pit: good
sjs: good
stl: good
tbl: good
tor: good
van: where's pettersson? I think granlund sits over him
vgk: switch merrill for holden
wsh: good
wpg: switch dano for petan
No! Keep Ho-Sang there!

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
For the Flyers- that’s most likely what the lineup will be... and I will cry. I will cry so hard.

Vorobyev, Vecchione, and Frost are all capable C and should replace Laughton as 3C and move him to 4C. Lehtera is not a NHL player, but Hakstol has wet dreams about him.

Jordan Weal’s time with the team is most likely done... however he may have a second chance. I think Nicolas Aube-Kubel has a chance to replace Dale Weise. You hit the nail on the head for how disappointing the flyers are! Good job!

I will still, though, give my wet dream version of the lineup:

Giroux - Couts - Konecny
JVR - Patrick - Voracek
Laughton - Frost - Simmer
Raffl - Vorobyev - Aube-Kubel

Weal/Weise/Lehtera

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Myers
Amac/Hagg/Folin - Gudas

Morin (LTIR), Amac/Hagg/Folin

Elliot
Lyon

That was nice... thank you.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
:edmonton (0 - 0 - 0)

LWCRW
Ryan Nugent-HopkinsConnor McDavidTy Rattie
Pontus ÅbergLeon DraisaitlJesse Puljujärvi
Milan LucicRyan StromeTobias Rieder
Jujhar KhairaKyle BrodziakZack Kassian
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

LDRD
Darnell NurseAdam Larsson
Oscar KlefbomAndrej Sekera
Kris RussellMatt Benning
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

G
Cam Talbot
Mikko Koskinen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

Good job... fairly close, but I see the Oilers putting Lucic on the 2nd line and giving him every opportunity to rebound. They won't give him a long leash though.

Another question mark is if Yamamoto makes the squad. Bear is another possibility.

:edmonton (0 - 0 - 0)

LWCRW
Ryan Nugent-HopkinsConnor McDavidTy Rattie
Milan LucicLeon DraisaitlJesse Puljujärvi
Jujhar KhairaRyan StromeTobias Rieder
Drake Caggiula/Pontus Åberg Kyle BrodziakZack Kassian
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

LDRD
Darnell NurseAdam Larsson
Oscar KlefbomAndrej Sekera
Kris RussellMatt Benning
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

G
Cam Talbot
Mikko Koskinen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
:wings (0 - 0 - 0)

LWCRW
Tyler BertuzziHenrik ZetterbergGustav Nyquist
Thomas VanekDylan LarkinAnthony Mantha
Andreas AthanasiouFrans NielsenJustin Abdelkader
Darren HelmLuke GlendeningMartin Frk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

LDRD
Danny DeKeyserMike Green
Niklas KronwallNick Jensen
Jonathan EricssonTrevor Daley
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

-Bottom 2 pairs should be flipped

Injured:

G
Jimmy Howard
Jonathan Bernier
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: BonMorrison

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
:blues

2017-2018 ST. LOUIS BLUES OPENING ROSTER/LINEUP
  1. Robby Fabbri - Ryan O'Reilly - Vladimir Tarasenko (A)
  2. Jaden Schwartz (A) - Brayden Schenn (A) - David Perron
  3. Alexander Steen (A) - Tyler Bozak - Robert Thomas
  4. Patrick Maroon* - Ivan Barbashev - Nikita Soshnikov
  1. Joel Edmundson - Alex Pietrangelo (C)
  2. Jay Bouwmeester - Colton Parayko
  3. Vince Dunn - Robert Bortuzzo
  1. Jake Allen
  2. Chad Johnson/Ville Husso
  • (*) NOT YET SIGNED ;)
  • Extras: Dmitri Jaskin, Chris Thorburn, Jordan Schmaltz
  • Call ups: Jordan Kyrou, Zach Sanford, Oskar Sundqvist, Sam Blais, Klim Kostin, Erik Foley, Jordan Nolan, Nolan Stevens, Mitch Reinke, Jake Walman, Tyler Wotherspoon, Nikola Mikkola, Chris Butler, Evan Fitzpatrick, Jordan Binnigton
  • HOME/AWAY

Last edited:

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I’m not sure if I as a Oilers fan am comfortable with having Åberg on the second line.

With Rieder signed, that'll likely end any chance for Aberg in the top 6.

Though making a set up for the Oil is tough to do, due to the number of fluid pieces on the roster.

RNH-McDavid-_____
Rieder-Draisaitl-_____
Lucic-Strome-_____
_____-Brodziak-_____

Are the names I see in ink (Though I could see Lucic and Rieder swapping, depending on situation)

Rattie's the favourite for the top line spot to start off, but I can see Caggiula or Yamamoto getting long looks there.

Puljujarvi likely has the 2nd line RW, with Yamamoto nipping at his heels (literally and metephoriclly).

I'd have Kassian on the 3rd line opposite Lucic. See if the two of them together will get a more consistent physical game out of them.

That leaves you with Caggiula, Khaira, and Aberg for the spots on Brodziak's wings.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Islanders:
Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Ho-Sang-Bailey-Lee
Komarov-Kunhackl-Ladd-Nelson (no idea who plays where but nothing looks promising)
Johnston-Martin-Cizikas-Cluttebuck

Boychuk-Leddy
Pulock-Pelech
Hickey-Mayfield
Toews

Lehner
Greiss

Johnston may start in Bridgeport due to a numbers game but would be the first call up since he played well in a small stint alongside Clutter and Cizikas.

Wow, this looks ugly after the top line. On the plus side, Jack Hughes in 2019-20 is always an option if it works out right.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Made some edits. Evan Rodrigues is significantly better at C than LW, but can play both. Putting him on Jack's line could very well expose his inability to play the position, although I believe he could easily do spot duty. Swapping Sheary and Erod make a lot of sense here, as Sheary has a lot of experience playing next to elite centers on top lines.

Scott Wilson will most certainly play over Johan Larsson. Botts brought him back on a two year deal. Larsson has been a massive offensive drag to anyone he plays with.

Tage Thompson was essentially granted "top 6 playing time" post-trade. Keeping him out of the lineup at this juncture would be silly. I know I have him slotted at 3RW, but Okposo needs a slick center to be useful, and he's paid way too much to not be useful. Start Thompson with some familiar faces and see where he goes from there. Nick Baptiste will fight for a wing position, and so will several other minor league prospects, including CJ Smith, Danny O'Regan and Justin Bailey.

On defense, the Sabres have 9 capable NHL defensemen. One or two will need to be traded. Depending on their value across the league and what Botts would want in a return, anyone not named Dahlin should be and is available. Brendan Guhle is still waiver eligible, which may force him to start in the AHL, but I put him into the top 6 simply because he's better than Casey Nelson, Matt Hunwick and Nathan Beaulieu. Botts expressed his affinity towards Hunwick after the trade, which suggests to me he'll be the team's #7 this year. Casey Nelson signed a 2 year deal and has 3 games of waiver eligibility left. Sneaking him through waivers should be close to impossible. This leaves Nathan Beaulieu, who could easily be sent through waivers, or traded to any team looking for a little depth at the 6 or 7 position.

I have some disagreements here..

Given how the GZm was last year filling the roster and forcing waiver free players to stay in the AHL I see...

With forwards...

Thompson in AHL
Pominville likely 14th F
Girgensons to 3RW
Larsson 4C
Bailey or Baptiste as 4RW and other 13F

For Defense....

The unknown which affects everything is..

1. Does Dahlin play his natural RD or does he play LD like he did last year.

2. Does buffalo sign Enstrom to a 2 yr contract to play with Dahlin in his rookie year.

As it stands now buffalo has..

RD— Ristolainen, Bogosian, Nelson
LD — Scandella, Dahlin, McCabe, Hunwick, beaulieu

Nelson signed a 2 yr contract and has to clear waivers. Cap friendly still has him in AHL.

Guhle could take a roster spot. I think they keep in Rochester. I would wait and see if he earns a job.

Others will disagree with me in thus...dahlin could spend first half in Rochester to adjust to BA game and have him nit accrue a nhl season thus he can’t get OS when ELC ends and if seattle exoansion is delayed to 21 he would be exempt but if a full year accrued he would need to be protected.

I think a trade will happen before the start if the season where something like a 2 or 3 from waiver elible players (Girgensons/ Larsson, bailey/ baptiste, McCabe/ beaulieu) for 1 player.

The first month buffalo has first dibs at waivers. They may want to create some roster room.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
After 10 games into the regular season:

Hopkins-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Caggiula-Strome-Rattie
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian
(Khaira, Aberg)

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Sekera
Russell-Bouchard
(Benning)

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
For the Isles: Toews in over Pelech and Aho over Mayfield. Also, Lehner is the starter

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Just my two cents. Don't think Detroit's gonna bring Rasmussen up only to give him 4th line minutes.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Just my two cents. Don't think Detroit's gonna bring Rasmussen up only to give him 4th line minutes.

Where do I put him? Wings fans keep telling me how he's a lock to make the team but I have no clue where to put him without dropping someone else who shouldn't be on the fourth line. :laugh:

Bertuzzi? AA? Vanek? Abdelkader?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Where do I put him? Wings fans keep telling me how he's a lock to make the team but I have no clue where to put him without dropping someone else who shouldn't be on the fourth line. :laugh:

My guess would be Abdelkader but really tough to say when your genius GM signs 13 NHL forwards with 2-3 more that could be NHL ready.

Just definitely don't see Ras getting called up if it's gonna be on the 4th line. In all likelihood it may not matter because I still expect some kind of trade coming down the line here.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
For Winnipeg, I think Kristian Vesalainen makes the team over Dano/Petan.
I don’t know about making it for sure, but I think he’ll be given the opportunity to prove he’s ready.
What he does with it is up to him.
Personally, I’d like to see what he can do at the NHL level.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Very close with LA. I think there will be a few changes, however:

- Iafallo-Kempe-Vilardi is very young/inexperienced, so I think Stevens will spread it out a bit
- Forbort-Doughty is a common/expected pairing. Forbort benefits from Doughty babysitting him, but Doughty can be a bit more adventurous having a stay at home defenseman.
- Blake (the Kings GM) stated he feels LaDue should get a shot, so I expect him to be in over Fantenberg

With that in mind:
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Iafallo-Carter-Vilardi
Pearson-Kempe-Toffoli
Clifford-Thompson/Amadio-Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Phaneuf
Martinez-LaDue

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I don’t know about making it for sure, but I think he’ll be given the opportunity to prove he’s ready.
What he does with it is up to him.
Personally, I’d like to see what he can do at the NHL level.
I dunno. Winnipeg has shown an almost stubborn reluctance to put rookies immediately in the NHL, aside from Scheifele, Laine and Ehlers. Connor spent the bulk of his first pro season in the AHL and even began last season in the AHL. Roslovic didn't come up until late in his first pro season. Lowry had a full season of AHL hockey before getting into the NHL and had a second trip to the AHL later on. Copp had a short AHL run in his second pro season. Tanev spent time in the AHL during his first pro season. Dano, Petan,

Personally, I think Vesalainen gets a short AHL run before coming up. I don't think it will be Petan in that spot, though, (I think he'll go on waivers) I'd wager they give preference to Dano getting the slot, but I wouldn't bet against Appleton getting a look either.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I dunno. Winnipeg has shown an almost stubborn reluctance to put rookies immediately in the NHL, aside from Scheifele, Laine and Ehlers. Connor spent the bulk of his first pro season in the AHL and even began last season in the AHL. Roslovic didn't come up until late in his first pro season. Lowry had a full season of AHL hockey before getting into the NHL and had a second trip to the AHL later on. Copp had a short AHL run in his second pro season. Tanev spent time in the AHL during his first pro season. Dano, Petan,

Personally, I think Vesalainen gets a short AHL run before coming up. I don't think it will be Petan in that spot, though, (I think he'll go on waivers) I'd wager they give preference to Dano getting the slot, but I wouldn't bet against Appleton getting a look either.

Scheifele? he played 7 games in the NHL after his draft year, followed by 4 games the year after. He was drafted 2011 but didn't reaally play in the NHL until 2013-14

Ehlers also spent another year in the QMJHL before playing for the Jets

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

My guess in terms of the OP Vanek is going to play with AA and Nielsen they pretty much told us that when signing Vanek.

Slot Rasmussen into his spot on the second line and put Abdelkader on the 4th line with Helm and Glendening.

I am sort of expecting an early trade but that depends on Zadina.

Rasmussen would need a miserable camp and nine games not to stick on the roster this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->