NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
People will whine about how ratings are sky high or how the league doesn't need rivalry, well something like this is going to inflame passions and make people tune in. The old NBA I grew up watching had heated rivalries. Guys freaking got CLOTHESLINED. The Pistons always made it a matter to give a little something extra after the play ;)

These days, everyone grew up going to a basketball camp, they were friends back then and friends today, so the league is all buddies which is kind of pathetic. The NBA really needs more fights, not excusing the spitting, just saying that more contact and more passion like this is good for the game.

"But fans don't want to see their players GET HURT :cry:"

Agreed fully. I'm a Pistons fan that was born as a fan into the "Bad Boy" era so stuff like this brings me back. Of course Lebron had to go all "best friend" gently caressing CP3 instead of trying to calm down his own teammate but I'll take what I can get with anything resembling old school basketball.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I enjoyed that fight. It's okay to have a good old fashioned NBA fight every once in a while.

Rondo spitting on someone wouldn't surprise me one bit because that's the type of person/player he is. If they find proof that he did it, he should get a lengthy suspension. That's one of the most disrespectful and disgusting things you could do to someone. If it didn't happen then one game is fine.

Paul should get one game at most either way. Ingram probably deserves a couple of games.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Agreed fully. I'm a Pistons fan that was born as a fan into the "Bad Boy" era so stuff like this brings me back. Of course Lebron had to go all "best friend" gently caressing CP3 instead of trying to calm down his own teammate but I'll take what I can get with anything resembling old school basketball.

They are best friends, in fact they're both godfather to each other's kids. Doesn't surprise me that James was calming Paul down given it was James's teammates that were acting like ***hats. I don't mind the rough stuff but spitting is pretty weak.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One angle shows Rondo potentially spitting on Paul, but a different angle shows it might have actually been 'Melo accidentally spiting on Paul :laugh:

I also was not a fan of how LeBron James acted during the melee. I get it, Chris Paul is one of your best friends but this is a brand new team you're coming to and you're supposed to be the leader. You don't pull Paul away and go off walking with him with your arm around his shoulder. You're supposed to be with Ingram or Rondo in that situation. A lot of people, even NBA'ers, seem to be ripping on LeBron for this, too. That's a horrible look for him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They are best friends, in fact they're both godfather to each other's kids. Doesn't surprise me that James was calming Paul down given it was James's teammates that were acting like ***hats. I don't mind the rough stuff but spitting is pretty weak.

Magic and Isiah were like brothers and Magic closelined him in the Finals with Isiah getting in his face, they despised each other on the court. It's just the way it was back then. If I was Lebron's teammate, I'd be wondering why he is calming the opposition player down and not staying with his own teammates.

In any event, the spitting is garbage so no argument from me there. That's Rondo being Rondo.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Magic and Isiah were like brothers and Magic closelined him in the Finals with Isiah getting in his face, they despised each other on the court. It's just the way it was back then. If I was Lebron's teammate, I'd be wondering why he is calming the opposition player down and not staying with his own teammates.

In any event, the spitting is garbage so no argument from me there. That's Rondo being Rondo.

Ingram was acting like a complete tool too, and what was a close game became a solid win for Houston. James I'm sure has a lot of work to do with that bunch.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
LeBron was positioned behind Paul once the punches started getting thrown so he grabbed him from behind, pulled him away, and kept him there. I don't see an issue with that since he was just trying to defuse the situation. If anything, Paul should be upset because LeBron grabbing him led to him getting punched again. :laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I can see why LeBron grabbed Paul and was calming him but if I'm a Lakers player after that game, it doesn't take much to look at him and question where his loyalty truly lies. It's not like he's been a Laker forever and has leeway to work with. He's arguably the GOAT, but this is all new.

Remember, Ingram is still a kid. He just turned 21. Rondo probably doesn't give a **** because he used to hate LeBron, too. But Ingram is a dude that probably looked up to LeBron growing up, and to see him with his arm around Paul after that happens instead of around you/your teammates? A young player might take that the wrong way very, very easily.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i doubt rondo actually spit on cp3. given cp3's tendency to flop i'm going to call BS on that

and major props to ingram not taking any crap from that whiny little ***** harden. kid's got some fire in him and i love that

100% agreed on lebron's reaction though. i understand consoling cp3 but there was no need to walk him all the way to the bench

Reactions: The Night King
Sep 19, 2008
Wizards are so damn bad rn. Smh.

@Aladyyn

And I mean I live here locally in Washington DC but nobody here cares about the Wizards seriously. They are at best the 4th most relevant team in DC (Redskins, Caps, Nats all more popular)

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wizards are so damn bad rn. Smh.

@Aladyyn

And I mean I live here locally in Washington DC but nobody here cares about the Wizards seriously. They are at best the 4th most relevant team in DC (Redskins, Caps, Nats all more popular)

0-2 to start the season. Lost the first game at home to the Heat, who were on the second night of a back to back and without three of their regulars. Lost the second game at home to the Raptors, who were also on the second night of a back to back and without Kawhi Leonard.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Makes sense that Ingram would get the longest suspension.

Rondo must not have convinced the league that he didn't spit on Paul, otherwise I see no reason for him to get an additional game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Makes sense that Ingram would get the longest suspension.

Rondo must not have convinced the league that he didn't spit on Paul, otherwise I see no reason for him to get an additional game.
He was the first one to start swinging so maybe that’s it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
NBA said Rondo spat at Paul and still only gave him three games. He got off easy.

Paul gets the fewest games, as he should, but still gets hit the hardest based on the salary he's going to lose.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
i doubt rondo actually spit on cp3. given cp3's tendency to flop i'm going to call BS on that

and major props to ingram not taking any crap from that whiny little ***** harden. kid's got some fire in him and i love that

100% agreed on lebron's reaction though. i understand consoling cp3 but there was no need to walk him all the way to the bench

Glad you are not showing any bias lol.

He definitely spat on him.

Reactions: Avs_19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad