NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I was hoping Chris Paul would get knocked out there. I don't think there's a player in the league I hate more than him.

Paul, Rondo, and Ingram will all get suspended. Ingram probably the longest.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I haven't seen a foul like Ennis' on Hart in 30 years since McHale on Rambis. Ennis should have been tossed.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ingram will get like three games at most, maybe less. Robin Lopez and Serge Ibaka got one game for throwing down similar to that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I was hoping Chris Paul would get knocked out there. I don't think there's a player in the league I hate more than him.

Paul, Rondo, and Ingram will all get suspended. Ingram probably the longest.

Knocked out? If I had to pick 3 guys in the league to punch me in the face I'm choosing those 3.

Reactions: Belieber

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Personally, I love it. The NBA needs more hatred on the court, too much "friend" stuff going on in the Lebron era. There were some dirty tactics to be sure but I like seeing some animosity between the players.
While I agree, I don't think it needs to be through fights.
Ingram will get like three games at most, maybe less. Robin Lopez and Serge Ibaka got one game for throwing down similar to that.
I think that's what Paul and Rondo will get. Ingram will probably get a lot more because he came running in to escalate it and threw punches at Paul.
Knocked out? If I had to pick 3 guys in the league to punch me in the face I'm choosing those 3.
I didn't mean it from a hard punch standpoint - just in the sense that I hate CP3 more than anyone in the league. Probably more than anyone I've ever seen play in the NBA.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Rondo spit on Paul, which is why Paul came up and put a finger in his face. Then Rondo sucker punched him, but he got one in return and both players were ejected. The spitting is pretty disgusting, you could see Paul wiping his face before he went after Rondo. Pretty classless. Rockets had the last word though with a nice win.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rondo spit on Paul, which is why Paul came up and put a finger in his face. Then Rondo sucker punched him, but he got one in return and both players were ejected. The spitting is pretty disgusting, you could see Paul wiping his face before he went after Rondo. Pretty classless. Rockets had the last word though with a nice win.
Not defending Rondo's spitting because that's disgusting, but how can you call what he threw a sucker punch?

If anything, Ingram's was a sucker punch.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
don't **** with rondo

and lol @ harden completely going quiet once ingram got in his face. can't stand that guy. love the fire from ingram

Sep 19, 2008
They don't let players f***ing grind it out anymore. Any kind of physical contact like that was shunned after the Malice in the Palace. Players used to be all up in other player's grills back in the day.

So I say good. Let them fight and push and shove. Damn David Stern tried to remake the image of the league into this "Everyone love one another" league. No, everyone doesn't love one another. There should be rivalry, passion, and hate.

Sep 19, 2008
Personally, I love it. The NBA needs more hatred on the court, too much "friend" stuff going on in the Lebron era. There were some dirty tactics to be sure but I like seeing some animosity between the players.

People will whine about how ratings are sky high or how the league doesn't need rivalry, well something like this is going to inflame passions and make people tune in. The old NBA I grew up watching had heated rivalries. Guys freaking got CLOTHESLINED. The Pistons always made it a matter to give a little something extra after the play ;)

These days, everyone grew up going to a basketball camp, they were friends back then and friends today, so the league is all buddies which is kind of pathetic. The NBA really needs more fights, not excusing the spitting, just saying that more contact and more passion like this is good for the game.

"But fans don't want to see their players GET HURT :cry:"

Reactions: McCupofOil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad