NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Given up a lot of open looks, they can't be getting in shootouts like that with teams with these shooters, especially a team like Portland.

Portland bench actually looks pretty deep, helps when Stauskas blows up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Lakers need to understand that they aren't a 3-point shooting team. Nor should they try to be one. Teams around the NBA shouldn't be attempting to replicate what the Warriors do because the Warriors have the three best shooters in all of basketball in their starting 5. You aren't going to beat that. Beat them with your own game, not theirs, because theirs is better than your replica of theirs.

I liked Josh Hart a lot tonight. Didn't really care for Brandon Ingram much, and I maintain that I believe he'll be dealt some time.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
who's gonna protect the rim in that lineup?

lakers need a C that can play 15 minutes behind mcgee, badly.

yeah they need to go out and get someone ASAP

kuzma is not a center and walton is an idiot for even thinking about playing him at the 5, let alone actually doing it. i guess the organization still doesn't think zubac is ready either

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
yeah they need to go out and get someone ASAP

kuzma is not a center and walton is an idiot for even thinking about playing him at the 5, let alone actually doing it. i guess the organization still doesn't think zubac is ready either

Mo Wagner might help when they get him back. I really liked him in college.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
who's gonna protect the rim in that lineup?

lakers need a C that can play 15 minutes behind mcgee, badly.

That's the issue. LeBron is your best bet in that lineup but he's not a rim protector and he hates playing inside. I just think that's a fun lineup to watch offensively and I'm not a fan of Rondo, KCP, Lance, McGee, etc. I don't think they're good and I don't like watching them play.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
That's the issue. LeBron is your best bet in that lineup but he's not a rim protector and he hates playing inside. I just think that's a fun lineup to watch offensively and I'm not a fan of Rondo, KCP, Lance, McGee, etc. I don't think they're good and I don't like watching them play.

i like rondo.. when his brain is working.

KCP was useless signing. should have spent that money on randle who, while not rim protector either, has the strength to handle bigs and had experience as small ball C. would've made sense to let him walk if they had even decent options at C but they don't, unless Wagner proves me wrong. even with their small ball lineup, their spacing sucks offensively though they can score with just overwhelming talent.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I used to really dislike Rondo but I did like watching him and still do. They lose that game much worse without him.

And yeah, they definitely need more size. They're going to get eaten by good bigs.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
You guys need to look at the bigger picture with regards to the Lakers. They're not planning to win this year. That's why they just signed a bunch of vets to one year deals and declined to go for some of the better FA. They're going to have cap space this off-season to get a second star along side LeBron.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I think the Raptors are the 3rd best team in the league this season, but I don't see them getting past the Celtics or the Warriors. Great team that is legit 10-12 deep, but probably missing another star player or two to contend with the two superpowers.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This worriors game is the second game I've seen today that had clock issues to start the game. Didn't they have all of off season to make sure the clock runs properly?

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
It's 81-69 for the Jazz over the Warriors....at the end of the first half.

Curry hit a 65 footer at the buzzer but I guess it didn't count.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Still mind boggling how good Ingles has become. Watching him over here few years never thought he'd make it. Exum looks good too.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This Warrior game has felt like a playoff game. Watch out for Utah this season. They had a record setting night with 19 threes in a game, and the Warriors tipped in the final shot. So stressful.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a fun game. I can't believe Jerebko is the one who gets it done after all of that. Some really bad hero ball from Mitchell down the stretch.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Mitchell was terrible down the stretch. Singlehandedly cost them that game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kawhi is amazing and I don't think he's even back to fully being himself yet. The Raptors are going to be a problem.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Kawhi is the 2nd best player in the NBA if he's 100% healthy. He looks 100% healthy, now it's just a matter of getting into a consistent rhythm after missing pretty much all of last season.

There is nobody in the East as good as him.

Reactions: Morozov and Avs_19

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Suns have appeared to fall back to earth. That showing in the first game of the year was great, but I didn't think they could sustain the shooting. It's showing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad