NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm a bit surprised someone has taken to just fouling him a good deal harder. Got some guys at the end of the bench, give someone minutes for the express purpose of hacking him at every opportunity.

Sure if you want to give up flagrant fouls. That way he gets 2 free throws and the ball lol.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Sure if you want to give up flagrant fouls. That way he gets 2 free throws and the ball lol.

Refs don't toss flagrants around at the drop of a hat. And if a team is consistently playing hard and pushing against the rules, I think the refs are more likely to let smaller stuff then slide to focus on bigger transgressions.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lebron and rondo are two of the lakers biggest factors. and they were playing without mcgee until just recently too

but yes, lakers fans tend to overrate the kids. lonzo has shown flashes of brilliance but then plays inconsistent, ingram has been a massive disappointment, kuzma has easily been the best out of the young core so his absence will actually be felt like lebron and rondo's

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
20-6-5 in 23 minutes against the best defense in the league

Otto Porter has been unshackled.

Which means he's probably going to get traded to make Wall happy lol

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
To this day I believe the Lakers got it wrong with both Russell and Randle. I've long thought Ingram stinks and that Lonzo will be an average PG.

I like long PGs like Lonzo, Frank, SGA, etc. who can play some offball and are pass focused enough to play next to multiple stars. It’s early & I don’t think any of those three will ever be transcendent talents, but I like all three more than Dlo moving forward.

As for Randle v Ingram, I probably agree that Randle would fit better with LeBron as that 6th man who can just bully some teams. While Ingram is clearly stifled alongside LeBron, but Ingram is still so young & needs to fill out, that I still think his potential is still achievable if he were traded for Dame or AD and got to develop on a team as the clear cut top wing & 1 of the 2 main ballhandlers.

Now the question of timelines is a valid one for Lakers given that Russell & Randle are further along than Lonzo & Ingram, and LeBron is not a young man, so maybe for them it would’ve made more sense to keep the more polished but lower ceiling guys...but I think Ingram (at the very least) will serve LAL primarily as tradebait, and he is more interesting to a young team that can take the time to develop him, than Randle. Which is why I think the timeline question ultimately won’t matter; as it’ll end up being a question of the trade-return that you can get with Ingram & Lonzo instead of Randle & Russell, not a question of the impact Ingram & Lonzo make during LeBron’s LA-days vs the impact that Randle & Russell would’ve made.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
To this day I believe the Lakers got it wrong with both Russell and Randle. I've long thought Ingram stinks and that Lonzo will be an average PG.

look at russell and randle now. they're balling on different teams. randle was solid last season and i'm still bewildered as to why the lakers let him go. he's the rim protector they're sorely lacking right now and would have been great alongside lebron

and i understand the russell move but i really would have liked to see what he could have done with lonzo running the point. if randle wasn't in the lakers long term plans then perhaps they should have dealt him with mozgov to bkn instead of russell. luke finally figured out towards the end of russell's last season in LA that he was better suited as a spot up shooter than he was running the point

given russell and randle's success since leaving LA, maybe luke is the real problem

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lakers young core is so overrated lol

I've always liked Ingram's potential but it's not good right now and it's probably not helping for future trades. He has yet to take the next step and while he's getting criticized for his defense, playmaking, lack of passion, etc, my biggest issue is his poor shooting. Forget all the pre-draft Durant comparisons because those were ridiculous and unfair to begin with but he was supposed to be a good shooter. He's currently taking under two threes per game and shooting <30% on them. It's not just poor shooting from deep either, his TS% is barely above 50% this season. This LeBron injury is hurting the Lakers in more than one way.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Especially Randle. He's a good player and a rim protector they lack.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Raptors/Hawks tonight. Vince Carter's last game in Toronto. Should be a good 1. All these yrs. later is he the best Raptor ever? I think he very well could be.

Reactions: Gecklund

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Raptors/Hawks tonight. Vince Carter's last game in Toronto. Should be a good 1. All these yrs. later is he the best Raptor ever? I think he very well could be.
Atlanta needs to trade Vince to the Raptors for the stretch run. Vince gets a shot at a title and ends his career in Toronto.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how does scott brooks still have a job?

no doubt in the conversation for worst coach in the NBA

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Woj saying that we're discussing Enes & Zbo, but lookin for a third team...makes me wonder if we're trying to get the Kings to help us make a Lee trade work, either by eating some salary from a team this year, or by kicking in one of their surplus SRPs.

Maybe something like this:
Parker + McLemore + Randolph to NYK
Kanter + Hezonja to SAC
Lee + Thomas + SRP (x2) to CHI

- Kings get another body at the 3, who they were pursuing over the summer, and Enes to help them on the glass. Assuming they won't take any 2019-2020 money onto their books, they can kick in one of their SRPs for the boost to their rotation.
- We (NYK) bolster our tank, clear PT (and a roster spot) for the kids, and move Lee's ~12M off the books for next year, at the cost of our SRP this year & the locker-room presence of Lee & Thomas on this young team.
- Bulls dump Jabari "they don't pay me to play defense" Parker for two great locker-room vets who have been doing a lot for our kids off the court/on the bench, going over stuff with them to explain things that the kids are struggling with or the coaches are trying to reinforce, and they really help set a professional & hardworking tone in practice...which could help the baby Bulls' survive Boylen.
Lance can be waived before 6/30/19 for no caphit if they don't want to keep him, and Lee expires before the summer of AD that GarPax have so many fantasies about. So the money they take on wouldn't interfere with their delusions, and they'd get a pair of SRPs as compensation.

Am I just being a homer to think something like this could work for all three teams given their respective FOs' goals?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think it's a coincidence that the instant Thibs gets canned, Andrew Wiggins drops 40 points on OKC. Lol.

He still has a ton of work to do to improve as a player, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that Wiggins wasn't a fan of Thinbs and vice versa.

Reactions: Voight

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Embiid is a treasure.

Good - go bury him.

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events