NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
Butler was guarding KAT in the low post yesterday and said "You can't score on me". KAT passed out of the low post. ;)

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Butler asked to be traded 4 days after they lost in the first round.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I like the makeup of the raptors. Very balanced.
Lakers look betting but I wish Lonzo could shoot.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Swaggy P said KD will likely re-up with the Warriors, but if not, he puts Knicks as #1 on his list of destinations.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
1. Who wins the East? Celtics
2. Who wins the West? Warriors
3. Who is the MVP? Giannis
4. Biggest surprise team? Mavericks
5. Biggest disappointment? Rockets (Melo Factor)
6. Big trade prediction? Who? When? To where? Anthony Davis to Boston for Brown, Rozier, picks.

Reactions: Wrigley

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
  • Sources: Turner, Pacers reach 4-year, $72M deal
  • Voight will never admit that getting 2 rings by inheriting Kobe doesn't make Kupchak a good GM. Draft day trading Vlade Divac for Kobe makes Jerry West a great GM. Here's some of Kupchak's first round draft picks:
June 26, 2002: Selected Chris Jefferies (1st round, 27th pick) in the 2002 NBA Draft.
June 26, 2003: Selected Brian Cook (1st round, 24th pick)
June 24, 2004: Selected Sasha Vujacic (1st round, 27th pick) in the 2004 NBA Draft.
June 28, 2005: Selected Andrew Bynum (1st round, 10th pick)
June 28, 2006: Selected Jordan Farmar (1st round, 26th pick)
June 28, 2007: Selected Javaris Crittenton (1st round, 19th pick)
June 25, 2009: Selected Toney Douglas (1st round, 29th pick)
June 26, 2014: Selected Julius Randle (1st round, 7th pick)
June 25, 2015: Selected D'Angelo Russell (1st round, 2nd pick)

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Only 3, maybe 4 of those you could call bad picks and they were all near the end of the first round....

I cant believe you're still on this :facepalm:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm definitely buying this shirt. :thumbu:

kelly_heather_NIGHTMARE_ON_CAUSEWAY__07634.1538229744.png

Reactions: Wrigley

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So you really think Ainge would say no to acquiring a top 5 (at worst top 7) player in the league just to keep Tatum? :facepalm:

A lot of people think that Tatum will be in that Top 5 group in a few years. That being said - I would trade any combination of players ( except Tatum ) and picks on the Celtics for AD.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Only 3, maybe 4 of those you could call bad picks and they were all near the end of the first round....I cant believe you're still on this :facepalm:
Randle 7th, Russell 2nd. Are you ever right? No. Will you ever stop using that emoticon in every post? No. (Look at the previous post)

The Sixers will not make the second round.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
So you really think Ainge would say no to acquiring a top 5 (at worst top 7) player in the league just to keep Tatum? :facepalm:

Are you aware of what Davis did after Cousins was injured last year?

correct.

Ainge is building this team for the long haul, not to cash in for a 2 year run. He already did the cash in method back in 2007.

Anthony Davis is a monster, no doubt. Easily top 3 in the league. But at the same time that type of play isnt what wins in the current NBA. Its about perimeter play, playing uptempo and versatility in your players.

and are you aware of what Tatum did in the playoffs last year with Irving and Hayward out injured?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think Tatum's a heck of a player but Davis is something special. If the Celtics want Davis I think they give up Tatum in a package for him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
A lot of people think that Tatum will be in that Top 5 group in a few years. That being said - I would trade any combination of players ( except Tatum ) and picks on the Celtics for AD.

correct.

Ainge is building this team for the long haul, not to cash in for a 2 year run. He already did the cash in method back in 2007.

Anthony Davis is a monster, no doubt. Easily top 3 in the league. But at the same time that type of play isnt what wins in the current NBA. Its about perimeter play, playing uptempo and versatility in your players.

and are you aware of what Tatum did in the playoffs last year with Irving and Hayward out injured?

Tatum could potentially be in that group but Davis is already in it. I would prefer the sure thing and yea sure he's a free agent in 2 years but the C's would have a good chance of keeping him.

Regardless the Pelicans wouldn't move him for a player like Brown... Tatum is the only roster player it'd be worth it for. Ainge already tried to lowball CHI & IND for PG/Butler... didnt work.

Yes Tatum had a good run last year but Davis can win a series on his own.. hell he's averaging 30 & 12 over 13 games.

& Davis is 4th best IMO... right behind James-KD-Kawhi.

Randle 7th, Russell 2nd. Are you ever right? No. Will you ever stop using that emoticon in every post? No. (Look at the previous post)

The Sixers will not make the second round.

:facepalm:

I will write it out for you

Good picks - Vujacic, Bynum, Randle, Russell, Farmer, Douglas

Bad - Cook, Jeffries, Crittenton (honestly he'd be in the good category if he hadn't gotten mixed up with the gangs)

Cook/Jeffries were later picks anyway, most of the time you arent going to hit on picks on like those.

I dont know why you're so obsessed with his draft record... championships are more important and you tend to care less about drafting when you are pursuing them.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Tatum looks so natural.

Great to see Hayward have a successful comeback.

Afro Kyrie not so much.

So much depth on this Boston squad.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Tatum has been great tonight. Only a matter of time before he's the best player on the Celtics.

It's still a real struggle for Fultz.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Chuck trying to push this too much talent in Boston angle isn't going too well lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->