2018-19 Milbury Trophy

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Dorion. It's Dorion. At least when Edmonton finishes last they get a generational talent before they trade him away for nothing.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How about a shoe that blows up?

VSHO5EQ3SRCSLE6Q7CG3T7O7BQ.jpg
giphy.gif

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Chiarelli’s deals prior to being fired this season are mind numbing to think about.

They were all uniformly terrible.

Strome for Spooner (waived)
6th rounder for wideman (played like 6 games before being dumped)
Caggiula for manning (waived)
Wideman and 3rd for petrovic (ended up as the #8 to end the season)
Koskinen 4 year deal at more than 4 per for a goalie who had fewer than 50 starts in the NHL and had already proven that his hot start was a mirage.

Worst GM in the league ainefc.

Reactions: Ibanezrokr

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Chiarelli still wins it. I know he's with no NHL team but still, he wins it by a mile. The Koskinen contract, trading for Manning, he practically damaged Edmonton for years to come. The Oilers, Edmonton and Oiler fans didn't deserve that one bit.

We might have to even re-name this trophy to the Chiarelli trophy.

Hope Chiarelli ends up in Arizona one day. He and Milbury actually, would be entertaining to see what they do together.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
2 pages and Bennings name not even mentioned til now. Hes really grown from being a bottom 2 GM to being a bottom 4 GM. Thats growth. At this rate we should be back in the playoffs by 2040

Came here for the absurd shot at Benning

Usual suspect provides usual content

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Botterill has to at least be mentioned.

Because of ONE trade where we still may end up with a very good prospect from this years first round while opening up cap room for skinner who we stole in a deal for cliff pu. Come on man, he even listened and fired housley he deserves more time to be judged as a bad GM let alone the worst in the entire game. (Looks at username) oh i get it now.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think Dorion gets the long term distinction here. If you isolate the moves from June 2018 to June 2019 it's not that bad, but take a step back and look at it from an expanded view you're losing Karlsson, Stone, and the 4th OV/Duchene all for deadline rental assets. That's the type of thing you need a couple seasons to accomplish and the end result is pretty brutal. Ownership obviously is a huge hindrance but Dorion is still the guy left running the team.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I'm convinced Bergevin only has a job because Habs ownership cannot find anyone else qualified that speaks French.
We got what we deserved with that useless requirement. Btw, it's even worse MB is killing the french tongue when he's speaking it.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Because of ONE trade where we still may end up with a very good prospect from this years first round while opening up cap room for skinner who we stole in a deal for cliff pu. Come on man, he even listened and fired housley he deserves more time to be judged as a bad GM let alone the worst in the entire game. (Looks at username) oh i get it now.
You sound upset, as usual.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Oh right on. Yeah he seems like a cool guy.

And it goes deeper the blues are always a team I’ve cheered for every playoffs whether buffalo was in or not because they would never play (obviously) so I always would cheer for the blues in whatever series they were in and there’s been a lot of years this decade where the blues would be a team I’d want to come out of the entire west.

Was I upset about the whole ROR thing and subsequent posts by blues fans, sure but at the end of the day he’s a great player, a likeable guy, I don’t blame him for being upset with the losing, all the other guys who are still in buffalo are too, and while that did effect my liking of the blues for a couple months I’m right back to loving them because at the end of the day not only what I said about ROR but the binnington story, but most importantly? Cheering for the team who’s been in the league the longest that’s never won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad