Line Combos: 2018/19 Line Combinations

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Care to elaborate? Are you 12? Washington won a cup and were trying to bring him back.

Yet they didn't, did they.

They won a cup with him yet were willing to let him go. They have plenty of cap space. They replaced him with (drum roll...) Nic Dowd! Funny how things turn out.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Care to elaborate? Are you 12? Washington won a cup and were trying to bring him back.

This means nothing. They might've wanted to keep him but if he wanted the money we gave him, I can understand why they chose to walk away, something Jim Benning is incapable of doing.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Yet they didn't, did they.

They won a cup with him yet were willing to let him go. They have plenty of cap space. They replaced him with (drum roll...) Nic Dowd! Funny how things turn out.
Of course they let him go, he was overpaid and they couldn’t afford the cap hit. They still tried to sign him just like many other teAms. But sure, you and Cookie are right. He stinks!

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Of course they let him go, he was overpaid and they couldn’t afford the cap hit. They still tried to sign him just like many other teAms. But sure, you and Cookie are right. He stinks!

Are you going to explain why he doesn't stink instead of just flinging insults around?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Are you going to explain why he doesn't stink instead of just flinging insults around?
Solid advice that you should heed. You are the guy that started this conversation with “he stinks.”

He is a beauty in the room, exceptional at face offs and solid on the PK. He is also a player that won’t complain despite having some of the worst deployment in the league. A guy that is a great mentor for the kids. Yes, we have plenty of “mentors” and he is overpaid. I certainly won’t defend his brutal contract. But he certainly doesn’t “stink”

Reactions: sting101

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Sure bud. Why would we want a extremely effective Stanley Cup winning 4C who's a great teammate.
Who did you have in mind?

Any 4th liner that would take 1-2 years instead. We aren’t the Washington Capitals, we aren’t a contender. We don’t need to lock up cap space for 4 years on a player that will barely push the needle for us. Why don’t we try and develop Brendan Gaunce into a cheap shutdown player instead of paying top dollar for a senior citizen?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Any 4th liner that would take 1-2 years instead. We aren’t the Washington Capitals, we aren’t a contender. We don’t need to lock up cap space for 4 years on a player that will barely push the needle for us. Why don’t we try and develop Brendan Gaunce into a cheap shutdown player instead of paying top dollar for a senior citizen?
Why do that when we can lose Gaunce and Goldobin to waivers

Reactions: Catbug

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016

Don’t remind me :(

We traded my boy Jannik for a risky project instead of a draft pick and now we’re not even going to give said project a chance at showing what he can give over a full season.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
fair enough....a little better response than 'i don't like him, he stinks"

in the short term we got a helluva character and a really good 4th line C. i guess its just me but in the short term i will enjoy the upgrade.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
fair enough....a little better response than 'i don't like him, he stinks"

in the short term we got a helluva character and a really good 4th line C. i guess its just me but in the short term i will enjoy the upgrade.
Clearly long term winning doesn't push your buttons.
All in for Hughes.

Reactions: Catbug

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I used to think this way and then I realized the sad truth that our team sucks. At one point I was certain that pedan would be claimed off waivers lol. Nobody wants a player that can’t crack a bottom feeders roster. Gaunce and Goldobin will likely pass waivers if they are exposed. And if they don’t? Who cares. It’s the corrado nightmare all over again :)

Reactions: sting101

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Clearly long term winning doesn't push your buttons.
All in for Hughes.
oh well
i will enjoy this season while you bicker and get mad over a game of hockey.

If Beagle is blocking our game changing players then they are not game changers.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
oh well
i will enjoy this season while you bicker and get mad over a game of hockey.

If Beagle is blocking our game changing players then they are not game changers.
This is exactly correct. When have we had a talented kid blocked due to veterans? Answer, never. I’ll now wait to hear a post about how Boeser was a scratch for two games lol

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I used to think this way and then I realized the sad truth that our team sucks. At one point I was certain that pedan would be claimed off waivers lol. Nobody wants a player that can’t crack a bottom feeders roster. Gaunce and Goldobin will likely pass waivers if they are exposed. And if they don’t? Who cares. It’s the corrado nightmare all over again :)
exactly.
Schaller and Leipsic just upped the ante for those 2.

If they can't play their way past those 2 at 24 and 22/23 then its time to look elsewhere for employment.

For FFS this team employs Gagner Granlund Gaunce Leipsic Schaller Roussel Sutter Eriksson. If you cant play your way on the team your probably not very good.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
You are kind of on the right track but are not looking towards the future. We may lose these two young developing players due to signing 4th liners this year for the next 4 years. We arent good right now, youre right we suck. All the more reason to see what we have in these players. Gaunce was drafted qnd developed by us for the last 6 years. He likely tops out as a 4th liner Leipsic player and could very well pass through waivers. Goldobin however I would bet gets taken by another team, he is similar to Boucher with that tweener talent. Worse with him is we lost Hansen as well out of it. It would just be another clear cut case of asset mismanagement all due to signing expensive depth role players. Now if they were to trade them for something instead of losing them to waivers it would be a bit better. But if one or both of them in 3-4 years end up better NHLers than our signings lately that pushed them out I hope you realize THIS sad truth

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

You were the one who brought it up. Obviously they didn't feel he was as important as you say he was. I never said he stinks.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017

I think Goldobin gets claimed. The teams at the top of the waiver list are equally as bad as us and if a young, cheap, offensive winger who has produced in spurts at this level is available for free than someone will pull the trigger. Worse comes to worse you just waive him again, no harm done. Even if he were to clear waivers you think he's going to stick around? He could play in a top league and make more money back home in Russia.

Gaunce I agree with. I think he passes through rather easily.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Solid advice that you should heed. You are the guy that started this conversation with “he stinks.”

He is a beauty in the room, exceptional at face offs and solid on the PK. He is also a player that won’t complain despite having some of the worst deployment in the league. A guy that is a great mentor for the kids. Yes, we have plenty of “mentors” and he is overpaid. I certainly won’t defend his brutal contract. But he certainly doesn’t “stink”

How do you know this?

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Goldobin has a higher PPG through this point of his career than Baertschi did at the same age /GP FWIW. Both small offensively minded wingers. I really hope he's given a chance to succeed this year.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Pettersson-Goldobin
Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen

That should be our top 9.

But we will likely see

Schaller
Beagle
Sutter
Gagner
Roussel
Granlund

Taking up a few of those spots