2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
I feel that it is time to move on from Lindgren

With 2 years left on his contract, he might end up blocking McNiven and Primeau in Laval.

Unless he can win the backup job in Montreal which seems like a very unlikely scenario.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I feel that it is time to move on from Lindgren

With 2 years left on his contract, he might end up blocking McNiven and Primeau in Laval.

Unless he can win the backup job in Montreal which seems like a very unlikely scenario.

I'm also pretty sure it is NHL backup or out for Lindgren. I would not be surprised if MB starts him in the backup position and then upgrade on him if he falters.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chartier did not get a QO by the Sharks, I think he'd be a nice signing for Laval given that he wouldn't count as a Vet.

I'm not expecting as much of a roster turnover as last year. Already having signed LaCouvee, Jevpalovs, Belzile, and Ryan Culkin, with Lamarche for another year, as well as Sklenicka. Olofsson and Ouellet extended.

And when you take into account all of the incoming prospects to make their pro debut: Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Leskinen, Teasdale, and Primeau.

I don't predict as much movement for Laval. We know one or two of these prospects could potentially make the Habs out of camp, but there is a possibility they'll all be there to at least start the year.

The additions will most likely be some depth for ECHL. Adams-Moisan and Cox being two guys that will most probably be in the ECHL.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm not expecting as much of a roster turnover as last year. Already having signed LaCouvee, Jevpalovs, Belzile, and Ryan Culkin, with Lamarche for another year, as well as Sklenicka. Olofsson and Ouellet extended.

And when you take into account all of the incoming prospects to make their pro debut: Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Leskinen, Teasdale, and Primeau.

I don't predict as much movement for Laval. We know one or two of these prospects could potentially make the Habs out of camp, but there is a possibility they'll all be there to at least start the year.

The additions will most likely be some depth for ECHL. Adams-Moisan and Cox being two guys that will most probably be in the ECHL.
Thats a valid point. You expect one of the more hyped youngsters to replace Audette's minutes?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thats a valid point. You expect one of the more hyped youngsters to replace Audette's minutes?

Right now, with the signed guys, I have:

XXX - Evans - Belzile
XXX - Poehling - Suzuki
Teasdale - Vejdemo - Weise
Jevpalovs - Verbeek - Alain
Pezzetta
ECHL: Adams-Moisan, Waked, Cox

I think we'll see some of Hudon/Peca/Dlo in those XXX spots. If not 2 of them, at least 1 vet AHLer will be signed. McCarron, if signed, pushes Vejdemo to LW and Teasdale to 4th to start the year, with Alain being 13th forward and Pezzetta going ECHL or 14th fwd. I'd like more depth in the ECHL (looking at you Struthers, although he could bump some people off the AHL team). I'd also like good AHL players (e.g. Hudon, Peca, Terry, Carr, Mueller) if we have the vet space after the predicted waives.

Ouellet - Fleury/Brook
Alzner - Fleury/Brook
Leskinen/Olofsson
Sklenicka - Lamarche
ECHL: Culkin

Whoever ends up the stronger defensively between Fleury/Brook goes with Ouellet, the other one with Alzner. Whoever is better on his offside between Leskinen/Olofsson goes RD. Again, some fringe guys like CE D'astous and Dawson Davidson on AHL contract for ECHL might be nice.

Primeau/McNiven
ECHL: Lacouvee

I think the 2 goalies are 1A/1B due to the experience of McNiven. Primeau may take the bona fide 1st spot if he impress enough early. Lacouvee is nice depth in case of an injury to the top4 G. I'd add a guy like Harvey or Dhillon on a AHL contract if he accept he's #6.

EDIT: If Harvey-Pinard gets signed now and is not send to QMJHL, he goes ECHL IMHO.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I have a feeling Alzner will be in Montreal. They havn't bought him out and he did a good job last year on the Rocket being sound defensively and bringing leadership. You just know Alzner is taking it up a notch this summer to improve and make a good impression in camp. I don't think he necessarily wants to play in the AHL.

When you look at our left side you have Mete, Kulak and Reilly. I would say Alzner has a higher chance of being on the squad than Reilly. Sure, Bergevin should be bringing in a new LHD, but then that makes Alzner the 7th D. On the right side, you have Weber, Petry and Folin. There is Juulsen, who will likely be Alzner main competition for 7th D. But he can be assigned without waivers, so it would make sense to put him in the AHL to start and keep Alzner. You can always call up Juulsen whenever you want.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I have a feeling Alzner will be in Montreal. They havn't bought him out and he did a good job last year on the Rocket being sound defensively and bringing leadership. You just know Alzner is taking it up a notch this summer to improve and make a good impression in camp. I don't think he necessarily wants to play in the AHL.

When you look at our left side you have Mete, Kulak and Reilly. I would say Alzner has a higher chance of being on the squad than Reilly. Sure, Bergevin should be bringing in a new LHD, but then that makes Alzner the 7th D. On the right side, you have Weber, Petry and Folin. There is Juulsen, who will likely be Alzner main competition for 7th D. But he can be assigned without waivers, so it would make sense to put him in the AHL to start and keep Alzner. You can always call up Juulsen whenever you want.

Hope you're right about him taking it up a notch. If so,can bring his value up before getting shipped out.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Me? If I were in charge? I’d send the lot (prospects who are eligible) to Laval and have Bouchard tinker with them for a year with intermittent call ups!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wasn't expecting much from the AHL front. They re-upped on a bunch of their guys from last year like Belzile, Jevpalovs, LaCouvee, Cox, and Adams-Moisan, and Ouellet.

We know they still have Lamarche, as well as the return of prospects like Evans, Vejdemo, Fleury, Alain, Verbeek, Pezzetta, McNiven, Waked, and Sklenicka.

You have the arrivals of Brook, Poehling, Suzuki, Teasdale, Primeau, and Leskinen. And hopefully he's healthy enough so we can see Olofsson.

You have the possibility of seeing McCarron, Alzner, Weise, and Peca, and possibly Hudon. And who knows what they'll do with Lindgren.

They brought in two guys, Barber and Pelletier.

The Rocket is stacked. A bunch of guys will head to the ECHL.

I think the mission this year was to keep stability. After the huge turnover last year from players to coaches, they didn't want to make big changes again.

Despite not making the playoffs, last year was a big step in the right direction. And they want to keep that up.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
With the signed guys:

Peca - Poehling - Barber
Belzile - Evans - Suzuki
Pelletier - Verbeek - Alain
Waked (emergency spare, Pezzetta gets called up and plays if an injury happens)
ECHL: Pezzetta, Cox, Adams-Moisan

I know people wants Suzuki at C, but I think he's best served being 2RW instead of 3C. I would still get McCarron to shift Vejdemo to LW, Teasdale to 4th line and Pelletier to the stands. Still need more ECHL depth.

Ouellet - Fleury
Olofsson/Alzner/Leskinen - Brook
Olofsson/Alzner/Leskinen
Sklenicka - Lamarche

3-way competition to play with Brook. The other two play together and hopefully one is decent on his offside. Still need more ECHL depth.

McNiven
Primeau
Traded/claimed: Lindgren

I don't see Lindgren passing through waiver, so he's either traded or claimed. If by some chance he pass through, one of Mcniven/Primeau goes to ECHL or we get the dreaded 3-headed monster.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With the signed guys:

Peca - Poehling - Barber
Belzile - Evans - Suzuki
Pelletier - Verbeek - Alain
Waked (emergency spare, Pezzetta gets called up and plays if an injury happens)
ECHL: Pezzetta, Cox, Adams-Moisan

I know people wants Suzuki at C, but I think he's best served being 2RW instead of 3C. I would still get McCarron to shift Vejdemo to LW, Teasdale to 4th line and Pelletier to the stands. Still need more ECHL depth.

Ouellet - Fleury
Olofsson/Alzner/Leskinen - Brook
Olofsson/Alzner/Leskinen
Sklenicka - Lamarche

3-way competition to play with Brook. The other two play together and hopefully one is decent on his offside. Still need more ECHL depth.

McNiven
Primeau
Traded/claimed: Lindgren

I don't see Lindgren passing through waiver, so he's either traded or claimed. If by some chance he pass through, one of Mcniven/Primeau goes to ECHL or we get the dreaded 3-headed monster.

For me I would want Primeau to be the starter, he just dominated the NCAA and is one of our best prospects, I would hate to see him leave the NCAA early just to play in the ECHL so hopefully Lindgren or McNiven are moved or loaned.

On defense I wonder what they will do there as I don't know if Leskinen can play RD as we have too many LD's unless a trade happens. I would not put Ouelett and Fleury together, they struggled as a pair last year in their own end. I thought Alzner was a better partner for Fleury. I think Brook would be on the top pairing, I'd put him with Ouelett.

At forward it sounds like Suzuki will be at center, but we still don't know what's going on with Hudon, he would be a huge get for Laval as I think he would put up 60-70+ pts.

I would assume one of McCarron/Poehling make the Habs, I liked how Belzile did with Evans so I would put a line of

Peca Suzuki Barber
Teasdale McCarron/Poehling Weise
Belzile Evans Cox
Jevpalouvs/Pelletier Vejdemo Alain/Waked

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
That's an exciting line-up for Laval.

I hope they manage to squeeze as many guys through waivers as possible and not lose a bunch of our depth

Honestly can't see Hudon being there, but who knows

Poehling, Evans, Suzuki, Brook are gonna get a bunch of call-ups during the season, for sure.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Varone is a big get but I wonder if they would try him at LW.

Varone Suzuki Barber
Teasdale McCarron Weise
Belzile Evans Cox
That’s a playoffs lineup. Very optimistic for this year. Im not sure they will put Suzuki on top line tho

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Varone is a big get but I wonder if they would try him at LW.

Varone Suzuki Barber
Teasdale McCarron Weise
Belzile Evans Cox

Something got to give,too many players on the roster. Peca,Hudon not even there, as well as Poehling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad